What's new

China Prepared to Settle India Border Dispute, Wang Says

This example is not that accurate. Actually Korea is in front of us and most of the wars between China and Japan in history is because we fought for Korea; so it is better to say Korea and Japan the permanent enemies.

The territory ambition of Japan has lead to its repeated invasion of Korea from the Tang dynasty to the Ming & to the Qing dynasty. The only time China was unsuccessful at defending Korea is followed by the invasion of China itself. You might think Japan no longer habor such ambition, but in another hundred year, the urge would come back again. There is little to fear when China is strong, but eventually Japan would catch China in its weak moment again. Yes, history often do repeat itself.

what kind of arrogance is that? should I say I am scared so bad when they threatened us with south china sea issue or japs?
our power comes from our strength to be able to handle such threats. That is the principle we will hold on.
When your leadership, your economy, and your army are all giving you strength, you need not feel insecure. By dealing with trolls, you are not defending your country. You are only becoming one yourself.

Have more trust in your leadership and relax. Trolls can not hurt your country, but only give you blood pressure. Getting angry does not help you or your motherland. In fact getting angry and making emotional posts only gives credence to propaganda of China-haters.

I am more shocked to see some Chinese posters to discuss settlement of trading South Tibet with Aksai Chin. Aksai Chin means "Chinese white stone basin", wtf has this to do with hindus? wtf has South Tibet to do with India?

Indian map looks like a peanut with a chicken's neck above which all "territories" were occupied and handed down by Indians' British master. Easy come easy go, what else can you expect?

Like china, India has come together and broken up many times, due to its leadership, the before the British came India was about intact but not as the same level as during Ashoka and other Empires, If its easy come easy go for us

Look at Ming dynasty's map and then Qing dynasties map, these were kingdoms which captured land under its rulers, those days are gone, today is the concept of nations and peoples not rulers and kingdom.

Like china, India has come together and broken up many times, due to its leadership, the before the British came India was about intact but not as the same level as during Ashoka and other Empires, If its easy come easy go for us

Look at Ming dynasty's map and then Qing dynasties map, these were kingdoms which captured land under its rulers, those days are gone, today is the concept of nations and peoples not rulers and kingdom.

Maybe you have a point. Historically land often changes hand as results of bloody wars. But can you cite other examples that a nation gains its territory by drawing a line (McMahon Line) on a map or based only on paper work (Kashmir)? Good luck for India.

Last edited:
Maybe you have a point. Historically land often changes hand as results of bloody wars. But can you cite other examples that a nation gains its territory by drawing a line (McMahon Line) on a map or based only on paper work (Kashmir)?
The problem is Tibet was a Kingdom when MaMahon Line was drawn, hence it was a settlement between country/kingdom. It was a mutual understanding which came into dispute after 1950's

The problem is Tibet was a Kingdom when MaMahon Line was drawn, hence it was a settlement between country/kingdom. It was a mutual understanding which came into dispute after 1950's

Tibet was part of China at the time with a local government approved by the Chinese central government. If your history book twisted the facts you could as well read other countries' writings in English.

Tibet was part of China at the time with a local government approved by the Chinese central government. If your history book twisted the facts you could as well read other countries' writings in English.
fall of Qings and Xinhai revolution ?
1834, Sikh empire annexed Ladakh while it was under Qings dynasty

My solution to the border dispute with India would be let go of the claim on South Tibet, keep Aksai Chin and the Trans Karakoram Tract that India is also claiming. The rest can be settled with some give and take. But after any agreement please put up a fence no matter how hard it is in the Himalaya's so that neither side would inadvertently cross the border.

As for Pakistan i cannot speak for anyone else but i have very favorible views of Pakistan and Pakistani's and any agreement with India shouldn't and i believe won't come at the expense of Pakistan.

My solution to the border dispute with India would be let go of the claim on South Tibet, keep Aksai Chin and the Trans Karakoram Tract that India is also claiming. The rest can be settled with some give and take. But after any agreement please put up a fence no matter how hard it is in the Himalaya's so that neither side would inadvertently cross the border..

Indo Chinese border can also be made more mobile, so people on both sides can interact ... they have family bonds

So we took it back in 1962.
Part of it, other part still belongs to India, hence i say ... those was the era of kingdom where lines use to be drawn by blood
Today we value human life more and economy is a bigger importance, best solution for both India and China is a peaceful settlement

Indo Chinese border can also be made more mobile, so people on both sides can interact ... they have family bonds
I have no problems with that, there are already border crossings between China and India and they will stay open. The fence idea is only for the most contentieus parts of the border to prevent either side from crossing over into the others territory by accident.

Whatever China won't hand over Aksai Chin, it's a very important strategic channel.for China, Pakistan and India.

If possible it's only Sino-India border dispute solution in South of Tibet, there'r all 3000~4000m mountains for China at the border of South Tibet..

Whatever China won't hand over Aksai Chin, it's a very important strategic channel.for China, Pakistan and India.

If possible it's only Sino-India border dispute solution in South of Tibet, there'r all 3000~4000m mountains for China at the border of South Tibet..
Strategic important area rise when we are enemy, the day we have a settlement, peaceful environment strategic importance of Aksai chin won't matter , nor it will matter if its wih India or China

Back
Top Bottom