What's new

China Prepared to Settle India Border Dispute, Wang Says

do it if you can. see how we will handle you. no use to big mouth here, loser

Facepalm, bro, every country have some Contingency plans or more oftenly called Plan B. I say, what if China try to threaten us with some war, what if they start there aggression along the LAC, like they doing with Japan or with Vietnam. Then we have to jump into South China Sea and with Japs, and start to work on the operation of malacca dilemma, we have to save our country in every manner. We have to diffuse the tension from our borders.

And dont say that we can handle all, thats a big word, China cannot handle all big powers against it, it will be a diplomatical disaster for China, if they do so.

Zhou Enlai already made that offer in 1960, of a mutual recognition of each others held territories.

Nehru responded with the Forward Policy. :P

And in this situation today, it is China again who is making the move to compromise.

There is something in the Indian government that opposes any sort of settlement or compromise in this region, I wonder if it still exists now that Modi is in charge.
There is.
Sonia Gandhi has shown by her actions that she takes decisions which dont benefit India. She has no loyalties to this land. And she is the leader of the largest party in India. Though her party lost the elections, it still has a lot of ground support and can swing public opinion against anything, even if its against the interest of the country.

That is a tough nut to crack.

A strategic alliance between China and India, if that is the long term goal of Chinese govt. will make China an instant enemy of people of Pakistan and Bangladesh. Not that smaller countries like us matter much in the bigger scheme of things, but it will make things crystal clear for our future direction. It will be a new beginning for India as well as rest of South Asia.
Bull$hit.

India and Bangladesh share great relations. The largest political party in Bangladesh and the current government of Bangladesh and Indian govt share great relations.

Its only the Islamist razakars like you who have a problem with that and they are an extreme minority in Bangladesh and even as we speak are being hunted and removed from Bangladesh.

With Pakistan, again no. People of Pakistan have by and large started accepting the idea of having better relations with India. In their last elections, every political party of Pakistan for the first time in their history left their old positions behind and said they will make better relations with India a priority.

Last edited:
Historical Demographics of Kashmir
In the 1901 Census of the British Indian Empire, the population of the princely state of Kashmir was 2,905,578. Of these 2,154,695 were Muslims, 689,073 Hindus, 25,828 Sikhs, and 35,047 Buddhists. The Hindus were found mainly in Jammu, where they constituted a little less than 50% of the population.[88] In the Kashmir Valley, the Hindus represented "only 524 in every 10,000 of the population (i.e. 5.24%), and in the frontier wazarats of Ladhakh and Gilgit only 94 out of every 10,000 persons (0.94%)."[88] In the same Census of 1901, in the Kashmir Valley, the total population was recorded to be 1,157,394, of which the Muslim population was 1,083,766, or 93.6% of the population

please see the high lighted part .. it was done in 1901 ... so it safe to say no pandits were forced out of kashmir them ... majority of population is kashmir .. if u combine budhhist, sikhs and hindus even then they are much less then muslims .. so should majority rules?? isnt it what democrazy is about .. muslims are in minority iun kashmir so had constition the way u like .. now in kashmir they are in majority .. so they should get what they are preffered.. indian memebers accuse that pandits are forced out so that how can the decision can be made without them .. 2 points i like to make here ... WHAT HAPPENED TO PANDITS IS BCOZ OF INDIA.. local population was forced to be in india, they took it out on pandits.. same thing happen in people who supported pakistan in 1971 .. they were butchered by banagaldesh.. now im trying to make a point .. when u take away their freedom, rape their women and kill their childern .. obviously they will hate india and their sympathisers ... Even if every pandits is reallocated still muslims are in majority, if any refrendum will take place muslims will be in big majority .., specially if u consider both indian and pakistan side of Kashmir
........Give me the Link please!...Acceptable one if possible.

China is India's #1 trading partner at a bilateral trade between both countries almost $50 billion this year. If they settle their border issue and focus on economic integration , it would benefit both parties for the long term.

China's biggest trading partner is HK . India's biggest trading partner is China. There is a difference.

Playing chess ... it's a big deal ? Last time when PRC and Russia solve their disputed area at Sino-Russia borders, China also validly waived Stanovoy Range area, it ever belonged to China Qing Empire. It was bigger than South of Tibet.

So China should realize the truth, make a useful friend.

Russia is stronger than China, I understand that move. China is stronger than India. We need to get more back or CPC is a traitor of modern China just as bad as KMT.

On the other hand look at Chinese long term goals to counter Uncle Sam..

china5.jpg

Lol, i think lots of indians rating me...

But I'm being honest here. If India wants to be our friend, it's for her own interest. An enemy won't shake hand, only if it's beneficial for her.

Also no country can replace Pakistan. Iran doesn't border China, Afghan too unstable, India too big and won't bow to China. China needs to feed its western part or they'll face revoult. It needs gawadar for faster import and export. It's building railway for gawadar to china only, not entire Pakistan, because it needs the railway for her benefits. Take suez canal for example, everyone supports it, because it benefits everyone. But do all countries invest in Egypt? No, it wouldn't do them any good.

China isn't raping Pakistan badly, and perhaps it may have good intention. But, like i said, there's no free lunch. Unfortunately, if the members at pdf say CHINA BEST FRIEND PAKISTAN FOREVER, well, sad news but, no Chinese member hold high gov't position from PDF. And they're the decision makers. They know what they're getting through these investment.

Lastly, remember singapore had gawadar port? But it was given to China recently. So all these investments do play a role. If USA was investing money, it would've been given to USA. etc.

I didn't say i hate army, he said it. He said it because he thinks I like pmln. He thinks pmln hates army.

So because he THINKS i'm pmln slave and because he THINKS pmln hates army, he THINKS i hate army too. Get it?

And I may seem like posting anti Pakistani, but all I want is Pakistan to wake up. A nation has no dad or mom to turn to. Pakistan must become independent and control its resources. China is there just as US was.

If i want betterment of Pakistan and it makes me anti pakistani, so be it.

I gave a positive rate to you not because of your criticism against Pak policies.
You are telling the truth.China already made strong action against their East China neighbours.Provoking India in addition to that is worst thing China can do.
I concede Chinese leaders are too smart.They know If they agree for a small concession they can get a big chunk of share in India trillion $ infrastructure modernisation.
No sane nation cant avoid such opportunity.
And there is a reason for balance of relation between India and Russia.
Noone give you freebies or their hard earned money freely.
There is always a national interest n all behind this.
China is powerful than us.But India is too powerful for China to completely countering like they did against Vietnam.

They can't as it would set a bad precedent in the island dispute. They would realize that China can bend.
In 2000s early Sino-Russia lands dispute solution, PRC abandoned Stanovoy Range lands which ever belong to China Qing Empire now it belong to Russia, Russia sent half of Bolshoy Ussuriysky Island in Amur River back to China.

After Sino-Russia border negotiation, each side get gift. Russian closed disputed lands problem with China, China also got half of island back. Russian and Chinese all made concessions and can bend, although Chinese abandoned more disputed lands than Russian.

As a reaction to Pivot to Asia, China is trying to woo India, so India remains neutral and does not join the anti-China alliance.

Even aside from geopolitics, It is in Chinese economic interest to resolve bilateral disputes and develop a healthy business, trade and investment relationship with India. This is not necessarily a bad thing for other South Asian neighbors of India. More trade and business is good for all nations. Increasing business relationship will also have the potential to give China a leverage to influence and reduce India's interventionist foreign policy, which I pointed out in this thread:
Can Nonintervention-ist East Asian states reign in an Intervention-ist India?

But growth of business and trade does not mean development of military alliance or even the possibility of one in the future.

As long as China remains committed to equal or more business, trade and investment as well as future military alliance relationship with other nations in South Asia, such as Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Nepal and possibly future allies like Bhutan and Maldives, then these nations should not worry too much about growing China-India business relationship.

If India can pull off the feat of becoming a military ally of China and are able to buy Chinese military hardware, only then these nations should start worrying, not before that. Besides how much of an alternative do nations like Pakistan and Bangladesh have? Is the West suddenly going to ally with majority Sunni Muslim nations?

Japan does not have the historical baggage like the West with the Muslim world, in fact Japan had quite a pro-Muslim stance before and during WWII due to geopolitical reasons. But today Japanese population have been brainwashed by zionist Islamophobic media that shapes the world view of global population. If Japanese govt. and people realize that their national interest would not be well served by following this blind hatred then they are welcome to become a more involved development partner in the Sunni Muslim world. If China can develop good business relations with India, Japan or even the West should have no problem doing it in a bigger scale with the Muslim world. But please do not expect any military alliance as a reward for this gesture.

Having said all this, China needs to be careful about how this new post-election Modi-era boost of China-India relationship looks to China's friend nations. If these nations do not get a proportionate or more business, trade and investment and a firm commitment for future military alliance, then it will be easy for China's enemies to portray this growing China-Russia-India-Iran nexus as some kind of anti Sunni Muslim alliance bloc of sorts. I think a China-Russia military alliance would be tolerable and even welcome by some, but having a future military alliance with India and/or Iran would be a red line for many majority Sunni Muslim nations. That would be a strong signal that China has firmly moved towards the anti-Muslim (Sunni) camp of the world.
what are you trying to say?
Other South Asian cant come a light year nearer to the huge future economic relation between India and China .
Why are yyou bring Sunni-Shia stuff in to this?

You mean you want to be a traitor,I don't believe it.Even Japan would not give up its northern 4 Islands why us so easily to give up our land to an alien nation?

It is up to you my friend.You are asking for a state an integral part of India.Tell me how can a patrotic govt to even think about ti o give that place to another nation?.
We already forgot about Aksai Chin area.
You know, Your govt know and whole world that there is no way to take AP forcefully from us.It wiil surely spiral out all the peacefulness in Asia.
A large powerful media,ever growing
modernization,I dont think you can even imagine about that.

A strategic alliance between China and India, if that is the long term goal of Chinese govt. will make China an instant enemy of people of Pakistan and Bangladesh. Not that smaller countries like us matter much in the bigger scheme of things, but it will make things crystal clear for our future direction. It will be a new beginning for India as well as rest of South Asia.

What??
China is too powerful and they can move without Bangladesh.It is up to the BD for maintaining a good relation with China.Other wise thry dont even nedd to care about BD.
If PRC get an opportunity for solve this dispute they will surely do that.Therevis no doubt in that .It will be their priority

There will also be great powers that will influence India's decision in this, too. No doubt about that.

Only country that can try such thing is US.But they have their limitations.They cant pressurize us when it comes to the national interest.

Can you provide me any link or copy of 1962 Armistice treaty. Because all I know ceasefire, doesnt know there is a surrender or Armistice.

Any proof of your conspiracy theory.

Leave it bro that man is a world class lier.Dont listen him

I am a little surprised that some **** friends think like Indians: China supports Pakistan only for the interest of countering India. I believe that is a long time propaganda of Indians. Pakistan is a gateway of China into middle east and a friend who looked over the ideological differences. China and Pakistan maintained good relationship even when Pakistan was extremely pro-US and anti-communism, or when thousands of Uighur terrorists are sheltered in the tribe areas in Pakistan. Did you guys notice any complains or protests from China? How has China used Pakistan in the past? China has made many mistakes at home and abroad, but she has never, in the modern history, let down a friendly country.

I am more shocked to see some Chinese posters to discuss settlement of trading South Tibet with Aksai Chin. Aksai Chin means "Chinese white stone basin", wtf has this to do with hindus? wtf has South Tibet to do with India?

Indian map looks like a peanut with a chicken's neck above which all "territories" were occupied and handed down by Indians' British master. Easy come easy go, what else can you expect?

Indian Government to Encourage Settlements Along Disputed India-China Border

India’s new government will actively encourage development and settlement along India’s disputed border with China.

Prior to its election, India’s new government was expected to be considerably more active in pressing India’s claims to its disputed borders with China. While a recent trip by China’s foreign minister focused primarily on economic and trade matters and sidelined contentious political issues almost entirely, recent reports in the Indian media suggest that the Bharatiya Janata Party-led government is planning on engineering settlements along India’s disputed border with China in Arunachal Pradesh, in the country’s northeast. India administers Arunachal Pradesh while China claims almost the entirety of the state as its own territory. Chinese foreign minister Wang Yi met with Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi less than a week ago and pledged to work towards resolving the border disputes between the two countries.
According to The Indian Express, the National Democratic Alliance (NDA) government plans to spend $830 million (50 billion rupees) to encourage Indian villagers in the northeast to settle areas closer to the Sino-Indian border. So far, it looks like the central government is not planning on offering direct cash incentives to settlers but will instead use the earmarked funds for infrastructure development. The northeast has generally been neglected by previous Indian governments, particularly northern Arunachal Pradesh, which contains very little infrastructure on the Indian side of the border. China, by contrast, has not been shy to build infrastructure along the disputed border in an attempt to demonstrate to locals that the Chinese government might better serve their interests.
Currently, India-administered territory up to 50 kilometers south of the disputed border is quite sparsely populated, owing to a lack of infrastructure. If the NDA government is able to make a concerted push to develop this area, then it is likely that villagers from across the region may choose to relocate. The strategic advantages of converting the immediate threshold of the disputed territory into a population dense area are not lost on New Delhi: while China has increasingly been provoking its neighbors on both land and maritime disputes, it has hardly ever done so in a population dense area. The April 2013 stand-off between India and China, which took place on the other disputed border along Aksai Chin in Kashmir, took place in an area without any permanent civilian inhabitation. The governor of Arunachal Pradesh, Lt. Gen. (Retd.) Nirbhay Sharma wrote a communique to Prime Minister Narendra Modi in which he suggested that should India fail in encouraging the active inhabitation of these disputed areas, a “gradual assimilation of our area by China is along the cards, on the lines already witnessed in north Myanmar.”
India’s current Minister of State for Home Affairs Kiren Rijiju is originally from Arunachal Pradesh and is likely the originator of this initiative. “The negative policy of the past — that the border should be closed, not be accessible to civilians, not be developed — will be done away with. We have come to the conclusion that we must initiate steps to enhance our capacity, manpower and developmental activities along the border. Fences cannot be there; there is no demarcation,” he noted in a prior interview. He adds: “If we have adequate manpower guarding those areas, there will be no chance of their forces transgressing. A massive road network, telecommunication, landing ground and facilities to be created for security forces, amenities and access to people. Why should people be restricted from going [to] till the border areas?” The Indian government, in addition to the $830 million that will be devoted to this initiative, has another $39 billion (240 billion rupees) earmarked for other critical infrastructure in the area, including roads and border outposts.
Part of this plan was developed during India’s previous United Progressive Alliance (UPA) government. In particular, India began to steadily increase the number of Indo-Tibetan Border Police in Arunachal Pradesh, add new border outposts, and maintain a more forward position along the disputed border to deter any Chinese incursions.
The land that currently comprises Arunachal Pradesh was an important front in the India-China War of 1962. After India’s defeat in that war, subsequent governments in New Delhi chose not to prioritize infrastructure development in the area and generally discouraged inhabitation there. The fear was that any roads installed by New Delhi in the region could be used by a potential Chinese invasion force. During the 1962 war, the northeastern front was particularly brutal due to how difficult it was for India to establish reliable military supply lines to the region. The governor’s communique emphasized that the central government should undertake this project “on a war footing.” The new BJP government appears to be keen to reverse over this decades-long consensus in India’s northeast policy and actively develop the area.

Indian Government to Encourage Settlements Along Disputed India-China Border | The Diplomat

------------------------

There is no use of just China's preparedness. Need the work of the other party as well.

It is a tough job.

Back
Top Bottom