What's new

China population: concerns grow as number of registered births in 2020 plummet

UK is in terrible condition? who says that ?

these people.

ranks 40 of 44 on their list (I think)

and there are many others..... and add Covid too.

your answer to all this is robots. whether that is even viable remains to be seen. its a big if. if what you said made sense, then USA and China would be moving towards that themselves.
Technology is the solution. And what I am describing is already taking place. The facts are there in fronmt of you already. Take Pakistan. lots, lots of young people. Very few old people. But boss tell me which economy is more productive?

Take Japan.

1612910701960.png

Pakistan

1612910749529.png

Despite this Japan has one of the highest GDP per capita on earth. They make more cars, more computers, more products than most countries on earth and certainly more then all of baby making Muslim world.
and there are many others
Let me let you on a secret. UK has one of the best quality of life in Europe if not the world. All thodse migrants drowning crossing the English Channel even know ....

Technology is the solution. And what I am describing is already taking place. The facts are there in fronmt of you already. Take Pakistan. lots, lots of young people. Very few old people. But boss tell me which economy is more productive?

Take Japan.

View attachment 715016

Pakistan

View attachment 715017

Despite this Japan has one of the highest GDP per capita on earth. They make more cars, more computers, more products than most countries on earth and certainly more then all of baby making Muslim world.
Let me let you on a secret. UK has one of the best quality of life in Europe if not the world. All thodse migrants drowning crossing the English Channel even know ....

Japan was a very poor choice. Their GDP is the same as 1994 and have stagnated since. The absence of new young Japanese entering the workplace has exacerbated the stagnation and I can't ever see them recovering (Western countries import foreign talent to combat this problem).
Also as I'm sure you are aware Japan's ascent in the twentieth century was the result of their post baby boom - the country remains densely populated. In fact Pakistan's working age population only surpassed Japan's in the last couple of years https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_labour_force

so the country you are using for your argument is actually disproving your own theory.

The truth is lightly populated countries are insignificant on the world stage and always will be - how significant are Sweden/Norway/Denmark on the world stage Vs Germany/UK/Netherlands despite being wealthier per capita.

Will robots level the playing field in the future? It's possible but such a world will have far more resource problems than our current one.

Makes me laugh when I see how some demanding high skilled migrants. Even Germany struggles to get them. Anglosphere has the upper hand because of language and cultural exports IMO.

Anyway I ordered this book called How Asia Works. Gotta read it and come back here.

Will robots level the playing field in the future?
Modern ecnomies have already established less can produce more. One farmer in Africa can just support his family - just about. A farmer in UK can support 1000 people. This is allabout technology. The more pressure on the economy as labour becomes scare encourages more technology and innovation. The ridicalous idea that we are trapped in a cycle of more people, more people is clearly NOT tenable.
1612918813896.png

1612918851580.png

Domestic robots Japan

1612919025887.png

Last edited:
Modern ecnomies have already established less can produce more. One farmer in Africa can just support his family - just about. A farmer in UK can support 1000 people. This is allabout technology. The more pressure on the economy as labour becomes scare encourages more technology and innovation. The ridicalous idea that we are trapped in a cycle of more people, more people is clearly NOT tenable.
View attachment 715042

View attachment 715043

Domestic robots Japan

View attachment 715044

I been hearing this for a decade lots of people that have geniune concern about increased "immigration" from third world have said robotics would solve our problems but whats with the increase in immigration still there needs to be policies to uplift the third world so folks stay in their own countries say what you want about the Chinese the Europeans should be happy they are there to doing the dirty work in their so called debt traps besides I think the developed world needs to do its share otherwise New York,London,Paris and etc will be swamped

with a fertility rate below the replacement rate, and increasing life expectancy, the population will age and with not enough young people to replace them the society and economy is on the road to destruction. there will be high taxes on the working population and more of the budget would shift into pensions and healthcare, away from education, technology and infrastructure.

your answer to all this is robots. whether that is even viable remains to be seen. its a big if. if what you said made sense, then USA and China would be moving towards that themselves. but it isnt. China in particular is trying hard to increase the fertility rate. Russia is doing the same. even if robots could be the solution, the amount of resources needed to make all this work is something no country has. you would need a world government, one political system, one leader that rules the whole world. this is essentially communism's wet dream.

at the end of the day, an ample amount of humans will always be needed, especially if we look at it from an islamic angle. but i dont think that is going to hold much sway over you because i dont think you are much of a believer in religion from what i discern.
China so far doesn't make any measure to increase fertility rate. On the contrary, "two kids" policy is still carried on. AI age is coming. Millions of drivers, workers in banks, restaurants and factories will lose their jobs. Big population is more like a burden than a profit for a country.

China so far doesn't make any measure to increase fertility rate. On the contrary, "two kids" policy is still carried on. AI age is coming. Millions of drivers, workers in banks, restaurants and factories will lose their jobs. Big population is more like a burden than a profit for a country.

Looks like China is going to be then in last place with all those "unless eaters".

These are going to be the countries worst off, China, 2nd worst off because of people living there, taking away food from staving robots. What would China do with 1 billion people in 2100. It is not like China had 1 billion people for decades and rose rapidly in power and wealth. "China someday is going to realize that 1 billion people were always a burden and Chinese people can't handle this situation." Sounds like madness to me.

And with more heads in China, this high brain cluster is going to work against AI robots progress. And countries like Suriname are going to take over China due to low population.

Wow, what planners in China. Sound like Etruscans who prophesied own demise.

Chinese people are a net benefit to China, not a burden.

AI robots = less time to work, more leisure. What you need are food, clothing and shelter. Give UBI to Chinese for basics and have them work for leisure adventures expenses.

China sets their own future, people are an asset.

Robots work for Chinese children. That is the goal.

Does China want low population of young people, where China needs Indian immigrants such as Striver. China is already a perfect homogeneous society.

China has grown to the largest GDP in the world, old method of tally and PPP. That happened because of high population. Don't discard net assets of China as some burden.

Last edited:
Looks like China is going to be then in last place with all those "unless eaters".

These are going to be the countries worst off, China, 2nd worst off because of people living there, taking away food from staving robots. What would China do with 1 billion people in 2100. It is not like China had 1 billion people for decades and rose rapidly in power and wealth. "China someday is going to realize that 1 billion people were always a burden and Chinese people can't handle this situation." Sounds like madness to me.

And with more heads in China, this high brain cluster is going to work against AI robots progress. And countries like Suriname are going to take over China due to low population.

Wow, what planners in China. Sound like Etruscans who prophesied own demise.

Chinese people are a net benefit to China, not a burden.

AI robots = less time to work, more leisure. What you need are food, clothing and shelter. Give UBI to Chinese for basics and have them work for leisure adventures expenses.

China sets their own future, people are an asset.

Robots work for Chinese children. That is the goal.

Does China want low population of young people, where China needs Indian immigrants such as Striver. China is already a perfect homogeneous society.

China has grown to the largest GDP in the world, old method of tally and PPP. That happened because of high population. Don't discard net assets of China as some burden.
What the hell you are talking about? America has 0.4 billion population. It never stopped US being super power.

There are two ways to settle the aging problem. 1, Increase fertility rate. 2, Increate production efficiency. The second is very likely to happen. With living standard improvement, the cost for each person drastically rises. Education, health care, pension etc. Unless the government gives up the idea of improving economy and its people's welfare, the only way left for a country is focusing on quality rather than quantity of the population.

What the hell you are talking about? America has 0.4 billion population. It never stopped US being super power.

There are two ways to settle the aging problem. 1, Increase fertility rate. 2, Increate production efficiency. The second is very likely to happen. With living standard improvement, the cost for each person drastically rises. Education, health care, pension etc. Unless the government gives up the idea of improving economy and its people's welfare, the only way left for a country is focusing on quality rather than quantity of the population.
US is a bad example,US relies heavily on foreign talent. Without foreign talent US will fall rockbotton,US doesn't mind immigrants because the white folk themselves are immigrants and US is a business institution rather than a civilization state like China,Japan etc which have many things to protect as their own . China don't really need same surging population to be a superpower,but the population is surely an asset for the Chinese,it's their brain and standard; import of South Asian,African & European isn't an option for civilization state like China,it will lead to destruction of culture ,stability,quality and demography.Foreign workers will earn in china and send their money back to their countries as remittance draining Chinese wealth which would have fueled the economy instead. China is being ridiculous by still keeping that 2 child policy when people don't copulate when told to .Though AI is gonna replace humans as work force in future and big population may be more of a liability than an asset in terms of welfare,but still when you don't have the staple work force,the capable brains and population to procreate sufficiently for future ,the nation is bound to recede.Not that china should breed like rats as in 3rd word , but China needs a sufficient workforce and consumers to not decline ,a nation that depends on foreigners to function will implode by itself.Humans make AI not the other way around ,China's greatest asset is it's quality of human resources ,just like any other nation.

Last edited:
Because of the epidemic situation, a lot of people who got married this year were postponed, and fewer people planned to have children this year, because it was not very convenient to go to the hospital during the epidemic.
It is estimated that children will be encouraged in the future.

US is a bad example,US relies heavily on foreign talent. Without foreign talent US will fall rockbotton,US doesn't mind immigrants because the white folk themselves are immigrants and US is a business institution rather than a civilization state like China,Japan etc which have many things to protect as their own . China don't really need same surging population to be a superpower,but the population is surely an asset for the Chinese,it's their brain and standard; import of South Asian,African & European isn't an option for civilization state like China,it will lead to destruction of culture ,stability,quality and demography.Foreign workers will earn in china and send their money back to their countries as remittance draining Chinese wealth which would have fueled the economy instead. China is being ridiculous by still keeping that 2 child policy when people don't copulate when told to .Though AI is gonna replace humans as work force in future and big population may be more of a liability than an asset in terms of welfare,but still when you don't have the staple work force,the capable brains and population to procreate sufficiently for future ,the nation is bound to recede.Not that china should breed like rats in 3rd word , but China needs a sufficient workforce and consumers to not decline ,a nation that depends on foreigners to function will implode by itself.Humans make AI not the other way around ,China's greatest asset is it's quality of human resources ,just like any other nation.
China's brain pool has not been expoloited completely. Even fewer population can still create enough talents. As I said, focusing on quality is more important than quantity.

I'm not saying fewer the population is, the better for China. There must be a balance point between sufficient and insufficient. So far China is still above this piont. When the population falls to below the point, I believe CCP would have figured out some measures to increase fertility. Just like it did when the country needed to reduce fertility rate. And I also believe in the future the balance point would be much lower than the current one due to science and technology development.

On the other hand, China needs to build walls along its border to prevent illegal immigrants entering. China doesn't and will not need immigrants.

if Japan, South Korea, etc are the ways to long term success, then why are those countries desperately trying to increase their birth rate? clearly their ways are not sustainable, and they are a highly advanced economy and even they dont believe that robots are the answer for everything.

China did take measures to increase its fertility rate. it changed its 1 child policy to a 2 child policy. still the birth rate is below 2, and if that continues they will be in the same situation as South Korea and Japan.
It is estimated that children will be encouraged in the future.

South Korea, Japan, Russia and others have all tried the same. hasnt worked. its not like they arent trying everything, except forcing people to have sex and make babies. maybe the communists can force people to do that.

Last edited:
if Japan, South Korea, etc are the ways to long term success, then why are those countries desperately trying to increase their birth rate? clearly their ways are not sustainable, and they are a highly advanced economy and even they dont believe that robots are the answer for everything.

China did take measures to increase its fertility rate. it changed its 1 child policy to a 2 child policy. still the birth rate is dropping, and if that continues they will be in the same situation as South Korea and Japan.
2 kids policy was not designed to increase fertity. It was designed to keep status quo.

China is different from Japan and Korea. These two countries are controlled by some big companies. Normal Japanese and Koreans have lost their hope to change their fates. Their social envolvement has been frozen. China's CCP can easily break any social structure that impedes development. For example, CCP can make education for free if necessary. It can also limit house price by publishing new policy.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom