What's new

China launches TEN destroyers in 2019: Type 055 x2, Type 052D x8.

Picture of the 10th destroyer that just launched yesterday
052D.jpg

喜大普奔
十全十美,十分满意!

China launches a new Type 052D destroyer from JNCX on Dec 28. This is the 10th destroyer China launches in 2019: Type 055 x2, Type 052D x8.

Who can break this record?

Pictures and links as well please brother.

China launches a new Type 052D destroyer from JNCX on Dec 28. This is the 10th destroyer China launches in 2019: Type 055 x2, Type 052D x8.

Obviously, no one can break this record unless WW3. This is insane!

When we are getting our Type-52.
Settle your economy first before dream about Type 52D destroyers.
Do you know why China can put ten 7000-10000tons destroyers into water in a single year? Becos we have a USD 14 trillion economy and USD 3 trillion foreign reserve as backing....

It still be useless if PLAN commission only 2-3 destroyers a year. PLAN need to change doctrine of lengthy process of commissioning them. The best way to condition these fleet is to send them for exercise and sortie. Only commission ship will given them the chance to do that.

It still be useless if PLAN commission only 2-3 destroyers a year.
don't you think "useless" is a little bit too much of an exageration? I mean "useless" means that the 10 DDGs that have been launched are equal to nothing & are worth less than a pile of dog s***.

IMO I see no problem with the speed at which they commission ships, one year for fitting out & another one for trials, the fact that all of those ships will serve the PLAN after just 2 years from now is good enough.

don't you think "useless" is a little bit too much of an exageration? I mean "useless" means that the 10 DDGs that have been launched are equal to nothing & are worth less than a pile of dog s***.

IMO I see no problem with the speed at which they commission ships, one year for fitting out & another one for trials, the fact that all of those ships will serve the PLAN after just 2 years from now is good enough.
Its a big problem. It will affect the operational. Ship are not able to join fleet for more training on joint exercise instead doing on single ship efficiency training.. A joint ops with rest of the fleet can slowly teeth up the efficiency. I dont see the need for such long period of training before deemed the ship commission. The USN are sending aircraft carrier to continue harass and we need more advance destroyer in wolf pack formation to chase them out of SCS. We urgently need additional 6-8 more destroyers to fulfil all task needed by PLAN. 4-5 destroyers need to join the fleet every year and not pathetic 2-3.

Last edited:
finnaly a news media has reported the launch of the 9 DDGs, but still they didn't report the 10th one:

China launches powerful destroyers, delivery expected in two years

China reportedly launched an additional Type 055 destroyer and a Type 052D destroyer right before the year draws to an end, a move Chinese experts called on Sunday an astounding achievement in shipbuilding, as they expect the ships to enter military service in two years.

Fully dressed, the two ships left a flooded dockyard and moored in nearby berths under the assistance of tug boats on Friday morning at the Dalian Shipyard, Northeast China's Liaoning Province, as they wrapped up their successful launches, news website wenweipo.com reported on Friday.

The launched ships are China's sixth Type 055 guided missile destroyer and the 23rd Type 052D guided missile destroyer, the report said.

https://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1175151.shtml

Back
Top Bottom