What's new

China, India's interests in Myanmar spell a bleak future for Rohingyas

Rohingya needs Bangladesh far more than anybody else. Are we true to our word? Bangladesh by itself can solve 80 percent of rohingya cause.
UN wouldn't intervene even though this clearly is and has been a genocide. Any negotiations between Myanmar government and Rohingya would be temporary and this would happen again. This only leaves the option for the Rohingyas to leave their country...and in such conditions their only realistic option is Bangladesh.

The rest of the Muslim countries especially the ones that are well off(*cough* oil rich countries) should pitch in money to be given to Bangladesh so that Bangladesh doesn't have to bear the burden alone(it is still a developing country and can only do so much on its own). This is about the only practical solution. Turkey has already stepped up in this regard and it's a shame that other countries have not.

On top of everything BD needs to bolster her own defense. But, the problem is China is also a part of the equation here. So, they need to go beyond that. Now, the importance of having indigenous military industrial complex is felt!! Hopefully, Turkey and other Muslim countries can come up with some urgent solutions!!!!
Even china can be managed, but i dont think our own idiots can be managed and put a leash on them.

Even china can be managed, but i dont think our own idiots can be managed and put a leash on them.
Hopefully, facing this crisis they'll learn!!! Anyway, we're always at some point on the learning curve!!!!!

UN wouldn't intervene even though this clearly is and has been a genocide. Any negotiations between Myanmar government and Rohingya would be temporary and this would happen again. This only leaves the option for the Rohingyas to leave their country...and in such conditions their only realistic option is Bangladesh.

The rest of the Muslim countries especially the ones that are well off(*cough* oil rich countries) should pitch in money to be given to Bangladesh so that Bangladesh doesn't have to bear the burden alone(it is still a developing country and can only do so much on its own). This is about the only practical solution. Turkey has already stepped up in this regard and it's a shame that other countries have not.
And, BD also needs to strengthen her Air Force. I have leant that they have only 8 front-line fighters!!! This is unacceptable for a country of 150m+ folks!!! They need to go for something like F16, M2K etc. - even MLUed 2nd hands will do. And, then put pods, SOMs, anti-ship missile etc. And, attack choppers like the Turkish ATAK and tactical drones with missiles (Bayraktar + UMTAS) may be a nice addition too!!! Also for Navy MILGEM (national ships - frigate/corvette etc.) and MILDEN (national submarine with AIP) may be tried. But, BD must insist on defense industrial TOT, local manufacturing etc. IMO putting all eggs into the China/Russia basket may not be prudent for their hands are also tied in this given scenario.

Bottom-line: don't let Myanmar create pressure points. You've got a unique opportunity. Leverage it with careful and meticulous planning, and forceful execution...

Last edited by a moderator:
Everything is possible as long as BD backs it. Without BD's backing nobody can do nothing.
Only today our PM called ARSA a terrorist organization. Yesterday our food minister gone to Myanmar to buy rice. You think anybody on earth will take BD seriously and will believe what Rohingyas or BDians are saying? We are the biggest joke of a race on the face of earth.
I am loosing respect to this govt. with each passing days.Maybe this is the sentiment shared by the majority people in Bangladesh now.

Everything is possible as long as BD backs it. Without BD's backing nobody can do nothing.
Only today our PM called ARSA a terrorist organization. Yesterday our food minister gone to Myanmar to buy rice. You think anybody on earth will take BD seriously and will believe what Rohingyas or BDians are saying? We are the biggest joke of a race on the face of earth.
Those who mindlessly jump into other's conflict either have a lot of brawn or very little brain. Rohingyas may need BD but BD surely doesn't need them. We are doing what we're doing are for humanitarian reason. Can't get into useless conflict where we have nothing to gain.

Those who mindlessly jump into other's conflict either have a lot of brawn or very little brain. Rohingyas may need BD but BD surely doesn't need them. We are doing what we're doing are for humanitarian reason. Can't get into useless conflict where we have nothing to gain.
But, I think Myanmar is violating BD air space and sometimes also show up within her EEZ....

But, I think Myanmar is violating BD air space and sometimes also show up within her EEZ....
Myanmar is trying to lure BD into this conflict. We can't dance in their tune. Hasina is not an idiot. BD shooting Myanmar jets would cause more anarchy in the border and Myanmar taking this chance and killing and pushing more Rohingyas.

Myanmar is trying to lure BD into this conflict. We can't dance in their tune. Hasina is not an idiot. BD shooting Myanmar jets would cause more anarchy in the border and Myanmar taking this chance and killing and pushing more Rohingyas.
If you're strong enough you can do the same to them. Anyway, I agree escalation may not ne in BD's favor, but leverage this event to strengthen your defenses by diversification and direct transfers....

Kissing your enemy's a$$ does not make anybody smart either.
MM will push Rohingyas by soft tactics or hard tactics but they will do it anyways. They already sent 500,000 in the last 10 years by using soft push. We could not do nothing. We cant afford to keep our border unstable. Either take the fight inside MM border or take all the Rohingyas from MM and get over with it.

Sympathize with Rohingyas, hope things are solved for them.

Now India stand with Myanmar, where as always one type of people in BD shouting India is our friend India is our friend. now where is India?only taking internal political benefit from India this day has come.If this same stance is continue in future then they will never give us proper value. i know despite of all that we will again say they are our friend.its time to support the freedom fighter who are fighting to free their state from India. i.e. in Nagaland, Asam.এর পরই এরা আমাদের মর্ম বুঝবে.

Now India stand with Myanmar, where as always one type of people in BD shouting India is our friend India is our friend. now where is India?only taking internal political benefit from India this day has come.If this same stance is continue in future then they will never give us proper value. i know despite of all that we will again say they are our friend.its time to support the freedom fighter who are fighting to free their state from India. i.e. in Nagaland, Asam.

Hey Tiger ..What about CHINA?

Kissing your enemy's a$$ does not make anybody smart either.
MM will push Rohingyas by soft tactics or hard tactics but they will do it anyways. They already sent 500,000 in the last 10 years by using soft push. We could not do nothing. We cant afford to keep our border unstable. Either take the fight inside MM border or take all the Rohingyas from MM and get over with it.
Myanmar forces aren't fighting BD. They are fighting Rohingyas. And what is happening wouldn't be happening if some Rohingya idiots hadn't attacked Myanmar police force. BD has no responsibility here. What we're doing is solely for humanitarian reasons. BD taking all the Rohingyas isn't the solution neither fighting a war with Myanmar is.

Back
Top Bottom