What's new

China ICT (Info Communications Technology) Industry, Infra, Commerce, Exports: News & Discussions

Nope, fake name, birthdate, no personal information.

I no longer register with yahoo after I forgot my yahoo password, now yahoo require my cell phone number, I won't need yahoo ID and give away my personal infor.
You must have register before the real name policy took shape. As I remembered, I have a facebook/youtube/google+/etc that I used fake account. Then the change took effect and they asked me to provide real name. Indeed you can fake your real name. There is multiple ways to bypass that and there is no way they know. However they make your registration harder if you provide fake name because they will ask for verification of your identification through ID or telephone number. Anyhow, we are NOT the first country to adopt real-name identification for serious platform. South Korea did that a long time ago but nobody make a shit out of it. Why now when we do it?

Yes, this is me. What do you think.

You look good and neat.

Like I said, depending on the platform.. serious website will need real name identification while others don't. Facebook change this policy a long time ago when they started to implement real-name identification system.

Facebook 'real name' policy stirs questions around identity - CNN.com

No, I don't use my real name on Facebook, nor do lot of people I know. Facebook is not an government authority to issue such diktats.

You must have register before the real name policy took shape. As I remembered, I have a facebook/youtube/google+/etc that I used fake account. Then the change took effect and they asked me to provide real name. Indeed you can fake your real name. There is multiple ways to bypass that and there is no way they know. However they make your registration harder if you provide fake name because they will ask for verification of your identification through ID or telephone number. Anyhow, we are NOT the first country to adopt real-name identification for serious platform. South Korea did that a long time ago but nobody make a shit out of it. Why now when we do it?

I just create my google account recently in bout 5 months with my fake ID. I don't want government or anyone to know and track me on my internet usage. I rather not register any website if require my real ID.

You can use free wifi for the internet and no one know who you are.

Why are people obsessed with what China want's it's citizens to comply with? The Chinese are trying to maintain security, at least they are transparent enough to demand you provide the information, rather than just stealing it from "front" companies like "FaceFu**" and "Googli".

China accounts for more than a quarter of global machine-to-machine (M2M) connections, according to a report by the GSMA association of mobile operators. With more than 50 million connections, the country's at the head of the pack when it comes to Internet of Things adoption. China's lead is thanks to strong government support - the country plans to invest more than $600 billion in IoT through the year 2020. The fact that China's top mobile operators are cooperating with the government to deploy M2M solutions across several fields doesn't hurt, either.

As growth in mobile network subscribers has slowed in China, operators are looking elsewhere to make money. And thanks to government support, China Mobile, China Telecom and China Unicom have developed IoT services that will find use cases in healthcare, transportation, education and beyond. As the GSMA notes, "regulatory uncertainty" has held back the growth of large-scale connected devices. Asia alone accounts for 40 percent of the world's machine-to-machine connections, with the United States leading the market outside of Asia.

China is the global leader in Internet of Things thanks to government support

China's First "Internet car" to be Unveiled in 2016
2015-03-12

3fcfb65f889b435e9d84a493a1aa00cd.jpg

[Photo: auto.163.com]

SAIC Motors and Alibaba have announced the creation of an Internet-vehicle-fund worth one billion yuan, about 160 million US dollars.

The country's largest auto group on the Chinese A-share stock market and the biggest e-commerce giant signed an agreement last year on building China's first "Internet car" and developing related applications to launch a new motor ecosystem.

The Internet of vehicles is a huge interaction network, made up of information of vehicles' position, speed, and routes.

Alibaba says the first "Internet car" will be unveiled in 2016. Drivers using the service will be able to find the closest free parking, and information to avoid traffic jams among other useful information.

The Internet of vehicles is a huge interaction network, made up of information of vehicles' position, speed, and routes.

Alibaba says the first "Internet car" will be unveiled in 2016. Drivers using the service will be able to find the closest free parking, and information to avoid traffic jams among other useful information.

Isn't this already being done using GPS navigation devices in cars? What will be the key differences?

Isn't this already being done using GPS navigation devices in cars? What will be the key differences?

Obviously foreign tech giants have already made some inroads. This, however, will be the first to be built domestically in China by China's own companies.

China's SAIC Motor, Alibaba to invest $160 million in Internet-connected cars
Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:47am EDT

r

(Reuters) - Chinese auto maker SAIC Motor Corp Ltd said on Thursday it would join forces with e-commerce giant Alibaba Group Holding Ltd to invest 1 billion yuan ($160 million) in a fund to develop Internet-connected cars.

The pair will establish a joint venture and aim to launch their first car in 2016, SAIC said in a statement. The 50-50 JV will be opened to other investors in future, according to a spokeswoman for the automaker.

SAIC shares rose 9.8 percent to a more than two-month high on news of the partnership, before shedding some of the gains to close up 4.8 percent.

Chinese internet companies and auto makers have been quick to team up to start developing partly self-driving and Internet-connected cars, following a path already trodden by U.S. tech giants Google Inc and Apple Inc.

Internet giant Baidu Inc, which leads China's search market and competes with Alibaba in some areas, is developing cars that are shifting parts of driving towards automation, working with companies like Germany's BMW AG.

In an emailed statement, Alibaba said its partnership with SAIC would include developing new technologies and services using cloud computing.

Last edited:
Oh man, Alibaba is everywhere. Could Jack Ma just give others some room?!

:) It is good to have national champions. Let them thrive first. Then, maybe some action will be taken by the regulators.

Alibaba invests $200M in Snapchat

Alibaba’s spending spree continues! The Chinese ecommerce behemoth has just given American chat startup Snapchat a US$200 million cash infusion, a source familiar with the deal told Tech in Asia. This latest investment values the American company at around US$15 billion. Neither company has officially announced the investment yet.

This is just the latest in a long line of mega-investments from the Chinese company. Earlier this month, Alibaba earmarked US$315 million to invest in Taiwanese startups
. In February, it sank nearly US$600 million into Chinese smartphone startup Meizu and took a big stake in Indian payments service Paytm. Those are just a few of Alibaba’s other big investments so far this year, and in 2014 the company went on a spending spree that saw it invest big in everything from Chinese film companies to American ridesharing startups.

This actually isn’t Alibaba’s first big investment into an American chat app either. The company put US$280 million into American messaging app Tango last year. It remains unclear what Alibaba hopes to gain from its investments in these US-based startups, or whether it hopes to integrate their technologies into any of its own products. But American investments are in line with Alibaba’s broader strategy of expanding its global reach and attracting more overseas customers this year in its quest to become the world’s most dominant ecommerce player.

Alibaba isn’t the first company in China’s tech scene to show an interest in Snapchat, though. Tencent actually invested in the American startup back in 2013 during a US$60 million round of fundraising, although it’s not clear how much of that sum the Chinese company contributed.

And there are so many successful startups that fail to make headlines.

China’s Dianping soon to complete $850M funding round: report

Dianping-funding.jpg

Dianping, a Chinese amalgamation of Yelp and Groupon, will soon complete a US$850 million funding round, according to QQ Tech.

Dianping refused to comment on the deal in a phone call with Tech in Asia. We have reached out to some of the investors listed in QQ Tech’s article for comment.

QQ Tech reports the investors include Singapore’s Temasek Holdings, Chinese property giant Wanda Group, and Hina Group, along with some of the company’s previous investors.

Dianping is China’s most popular site for reviews of restaurants and other local businesses. It generates revenue largely from its group buying ecommerce site and app.

Here’s a rundown of the company’s previous funding rounds:

• January 2006, US$2 million series A round from Sequoia Capital
  • May 2007, US$25 million series B round from Google Ventures and Sequoia Capital
  • April 2011, US$100 million series C round from Sequoia Capital, Qiming Venture Partners, and Lightspeed Ventures
  • August 2012, US$64 million series D round from Sequoia Capital, Capital Today, and EZ Capital
Last year, Chinese web giant Tencent took a 20 percent stake in Dianping. The terms of that deal were not disclosed, but estimates are in the US$500 million range. Dianping was soon after incorporated in Tencent’s WeChat, the most popular messaging app in the country with468 million monthly active users.

QQ Tech states that sources told it Dianping originally only planned to raise about US$300 million. But after it’s chief competitor, Meituan,raised US$700 million, it felt it had to keep pace. According to aniResearch report from 2013, Alibaba’s Juhuasuan is China’s top daily deals site, followed by Meituan and then Dianping.

Xiaomi MiPad and budget Redmi 2 set to launch in India on March 24

Xiaomi-MiPad-review-photo-04.jpg

At an event this morning in Delhi, Chinese gadget maker Xiaomi revealed that its tablet, the MiPad, and the updated version of its cheapest phone, the Redmi 2, are set to launch in India on March 24.

The budget-oriented Redmi 2 first launched in China in January, while theMiPad dates back to May 2014.

Xiaomi’s MiPad, which comes with a 7.9-inch 1080p HD screen, will cost INR 12,999 (US$207), while the Redmi 2 (with a 4.7-inch 720p HD screen) is pegged at INR 6,999 (US$112). Although both those gadgets are offered in a variety of colors in China, Indian consumers only get the white versions, according to a liveblog on Xiaomi India’s Facebook page.

Xiaomi-unveils-Redmi-2-a-colorful-update-to-its-best-selling-phone-photo-1.jpg

Xiaomi first launched in India in July 2014. The company only sells phones online in India in partnership with homegrown ecommerce titan Flipkart.

The Redmi 2 requires pre-registration on Flipkart, starting today at 6pm Delhi time. However, the MiPad will be available on launch day without pre-ordering.

Gone to space, yes the Vietnamese did. The first Asian in space was Vietnamese.

Build super computer, no. Not needed. They woud better build roads that is what the Vietnamese needed.

Yes they did. Do google search, viet is also building the most modern space facility in SEA soon will complete in 2020

They did launch sattelite.

I could go on. But the point here is not what Viet can do. The point is your chinese boast too much, make it like world greatest invention, everywhere i see chinese they boast the same thing, the same Xiao Mi crap.

Your xiao mi is cheap compare with apple and samsung, not consider high end, copy apple and samsung, your xiao mi sale most in China where there are billions chinese. Ur xiao mi use android from google. Nothing to boast about. Its chinese make it like evolution.

I dont see any american here talk about ibm whatson though it is incredible achievment.

Did not chinese culture teach to be humble.? I see boasting chinese everywhere i go.

Vietnam plans to launch a nano satellite into orbit in 2016

If vietnamese have money they can make anything. It is money that matter to vietnam consider the size of vietnam and the economic current.

Last but least we dont boast like chinese do for their achievement.

You're delusional. Vietnam can't even send a potato into space.

I will show you a video of a Chinese manned launch. I demand you provide video proof of your claimed Vietnamese launch into space. You Vietnamese don't even have a space launch facility.

From the Discovery Channel documentary video, China's Yang Liwei heads into space on Shenzhou 5 in 2003.

I think you Chinese need to do more research before boasting your achievment. What are you doing, the U.S is way ahead. Take super computer for example, while you chinese can only increase the processing speed, the U.S is way ahead developing computer with human cpability. Do search for IBM watson and true north.

Everything you Chinese do up till now is not really evolution rather than copy the existing technology and modified to fit your needs. Xiao mi or Alibab all are just copy idea from apple, samsung and ebay.

While many of you chinese make it like the world are paying attention. But not really. The Japan sucessed developed fuel cell car which will change the industry, and industry robot like Asimo like human. The U.S is developed war robot called petman, and laser weapon already.

according to your logic, Samsung is also a copycat, coz it is not the first android phone
even google is a copycat, coz it is not the first search engine

Samsung used to perceived as Iphone copycat. It takes them alot innovation to build its brand awareness today.

The word copy cat and inspired build on top of existing technology is different things. Windows copy UI designs from Mac. Now not anymore its considered copy cat from mac.

Xiao mi at this point is just copy cat of Iphone even in icons designs. Wonder why it cant launch in U.S.

After all one U.S copy of another U.S is not the point. The point is you chinese boasting like your xiaomi world greatest invention from china when in fact its just blame copy from U.S., nothing uniqued except its cheaper like everything come from china anyway.

Cheap is ok, copy is ok but boasting for cheap and copy cat stuff is look like crap. Almost every country can make smart phone nowday. What innovative xiao mi offer? A qualcom snap dragon or an android os?

A vast majority of postings are news on China's progress in everything like transport, trading, science, social lives, politics ..etc
When you are friends of China, you will see China's development as your great opportunities
When your are enemies, then heaps over heaps of sour grapes, self-pitying, endless vilification, slander, belitlement, bad-mouthing, malignity ... are drivelling from the China haters on the board

images

Painting of 长江 Chang Jiang, oil on canvas

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom