What's new

A new Huawei phone has defeated US chip sanctions against China

Emmmm... It seems that Americans, Australians, British, and Indians have already suffered a mental breakdown.

Faced with Huawei's humiliation towards them. What can they do?

so. I forgive them.

Saying if someone did a bad thing therefore I should be able to do the same is the thought process of children. And Huawei isn't just guilty of IP thefts, but also multi type of conspiracy and Sabotages. The damage china done to companies is in the triilions of dollars not even mentioning the political & security ramification.

This is why china is getting sanctioned. Not because the US is jealous or something.

Chinese living cost is not lower if the pay is also low too. Like how the heck can't you figure this out. This is what's called the middle income trap.

India unlike China have way more diversified economy.

Agricultural,

pharmaceutical,

Service,

Tech,

And now low & high end manufacturing thanks to company leaving China. Like Iphone & maybe an expansion to Tesla giga factory.

Also Bollywood

India is going to be fine... Probably be even greater than china in the future.
MTXX_MH20230823_025044499.jpg

:enjoy:

A new Huawei phone has defeated US chip sanctions against China​

SMIC, China's top chipmaker, has manufactured a 7-nanometer processor for Huawei's Mate 60 Pro—despite US chip sanctions against China​

By Ananya Bhattacharya
Sept. 5 2023

One step closer to realizing China’s semiconductor dreams.

One step closer to realizing China’s semiconductor dreams.Photo: David Kirton (Reuters)
Huawei’s latest smartphone, the Mate 60 Pro, offers proof that China’s homegrown semiconductor industry is advancing despite the US ban on chips and chipmaking technology.

The new Kirin 9000s chip in Huawei’s latest phone uses an advanced 7-nanometer processor fabricated in China by the country’s top chipmaker, Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corp. (SMIC), according to a teardown of the phone that TechInsights conducted for Bloomberg.

Huawei released the phone online last week but didn’t reveal key specifications such as the processor design or the wireless connection speeds. China’s chip stocks started rallying on the speculation that the Shenzhen-based Huawei had engineered a triumphant return for its 5G smartphones using domestic chips. News reports had already teased this possibility in mid-July.

“There is hope that Chinese companies will be able to tide over the US government’s sanctions and restrictions on chip supply,” the government-backed China Daily wrote on Sep. 1

A brief recent timeline of US chip sanctions against China

August 2022: The US Congress passes the CHIPS and Science Act, a law that approves subsidies and tax breaks to help jumpstart the production of advanced semiconductors on American soil.
September 2022: The Biden administration bans federally funded US tech firms from building advanced facilities in China for a decade.
October 2022: The US commerce department bars companies from supplying advanced chips and chipmaking equipment to China, calling it an effort to curb China’s ability to produce cutting-edge chips for weapons and other defense technology, rather than a bid to cripple the country’s consumer electronics industry.
November 2022: The US bans the approval of communications equipment from Chinese companies like Huawei Technologies and ZTE, claiming that they pose “an unacceptable risk” to the country’s national security.
May 2023: Beijing bans its “operators of critical information infrastructure” from doing business with Micron Tech, an Idaho-based chipmaker.

Quotable: Gatekeeping chips is counterproductive​

One big number: China’s hoard of Nvidia chips​

$5 billion: The value of orders that China’s tech giants have placed with Nvidia for its A800 and A100 chips, to be delivered this year, according to an August report by the Financial Times. The biggest internet giants—Baidu, ByteDance, Tencent, and Alibaba—have placed orders totalling $1 billion to buy around 100,000 A800 processors. Given that the US is mulling new export controls, Chinese companies are rushing to hoard the best chips on the market to train their AI models and run their data centers.

Charted: SMIC stock jumps briefly on the Huawei teardown report​

What’s next for Chinese chipmakers?​

The TechInsights teardown offers confirmation that China has managed to sidestep some restrictions and elevate its domestic chip ecosystem. But this is not to say that US chips sanctions aren’t hampering China at all.

For one thing, the production scales and timeline for the processor used in Huawei’s new device is as yet unclear. That the phone sold out in mere days perhaps suggests a limited inventory of SMIC’s breakthrough chip. Huawei may also have used stockpiled chips made by TSMC, the Taiwanese chip giant. These chips could have been purchased before September 2020, when Washington doubled down on sanctions to block Huawei’s access to advanced chips.

Moreover, further semiconductor advancements could still hit a wall. The 7-nanometer processor remains a few generations behind the 4-nanometer chip that TSMC manufactures for the latest iPhones, for instance. And breaking past that 7-nanometer barrier will prove difficult without the chipmaking equipment of ASML, the Dutch giant that has been prohibited from exporting its cutting-edge technology to China.

For now, China’s domestic chipmakers have managed to squeeze the resources at their disposal to make better semiconductors using older tools. But without new tools, their processes will remain onerous and outdated, raising costs and lowering output. A company like SMIC will remain several years behind rivals elsewhere and struggle to make more breakthroughs—especially if more restrictions choke China further.

producing one chip is a victory :enjoy:

Saying if someone did a bad thing therefore I should be able to do the same is the thought process of children. And Huawei isn't just guilty of IP thefts, but also multi type of conspiracy and Sabotages. The damage china done to companies is in the triilions of dollars not even mentioning the political & security ramification.

This is why china is getting sanctioned. Not because the US is jealous or something.

Chinese living cost is not lower if the pay is also low too. Like how the heck can't you figure this out. This is what's called the middle income trap.

India unlike China have way more diversified economy.

Agricultural,

pharmaceutical,

Service,

Tech,

And now low & high end manufacturing thanks to company leaving China. Like Iphone & maybe an expansion to Tesla giga factory.

Also Bollywood

India is going to be fine... Probably be even greater than china in the future.
Dude, i won't be arguing but your largest industry is outsourcing services, what you refer to ask tech. Pharma is dependent on Chinese APIs, do you know we have a larger Pharma industry? But we just export less. The point is India will face a big challenge in the new era of automation. So what did Huawei steal exactly? Having nefarious plans is not exactly proof if wrong doing mate.

Congratulations on being reduced to comparison with an economy 1/4 your size 😂.

USA was always out of your reach anyways, just took you hans too long to realize...of c

Not a 1/4 mate, 1/5. US? We are so weak, nobody can compare to US. But India, ooo boy roughly the same population, had the same wealth during the 80s and look where we are today?

Not a 1/4 mate, 1/5. US? We are so weak, nobody can compare to US. But India, ooo boy roughly the same population, had the same wealth during the 80s and look where we are today?

China isn't weak, just old and failing to match it's regional peers like Japan and Korea, you are less than 1/5 of Japan in per capita, and Xi has made sure you will forever remain that lesser Asian breed.

Indian comparison is more apt for you since India by gdp now is where China was in 2007-08, so China is closer comparison to India than Japan.

Forget surpassing USA, you will forever remain as east Asias poor man.

China isn't weak, just old and failing to match it's regional peers like Japan and Korea, you are less than 1/5 of Japan in per capita, and Xi has made sure you will forever remain that lesser Asian breed.

Indian comparison is more apt for you since India by gdp now is where China was in 2007-08, so China is closer comparison to India than Japan.

Forget surpassing USA, you will forever remain as east Asias poor man.
people fail to understand that what people like terror feudal xi and fatfuk kim want is not development but rather their little forever terror kingdom

have just enough power with nukes to fend off adversaries while spending remaining resources to maintain power and bloodline and terrorize their feudal fiefs

They could have used those $Billions to make their chips even better and faster. But why do that when you can fund NVIDIA's R&D Department.
Because they try to understand enemies while spending little and same time they built their own.

Calm down hero. Huawei js claiming the new Ascends are as fast as the A100. Sept 15 wil have a huge announcement. I told you guys before, the only way to defeat China is to work harder not play dirty tricks. Not even US has a near complete chip ecosystem as China.
Americans have forgotten how to work hard. The pioneer spirit of can-do in the 1800's has long lost.

I guess you are confirming they are stupid for buying 100's of thousands of chips instead of a handful to examine.
They own 3.2 trillions in their reserves. 5 or 10 billions are nothing to them to buy some chips and invest in those big companies and use those high techs companies run their system with in enemy territory. If I have same amount of money and my enemy is siting in my seas on the name of freedom of navigation. I will definitely buy some companies in enemy territory.

Other side borrowed 28.4 trillions according to July 2021 data from the rest of the world. China held Apparently 1.1 trillion us treasury securities

They own 3.2 trillions in their reserves. 5 or 10 billions are nothing to them to buy some chips and invest in those big companies and use those high techs companies run their system with in enemy territory. If I have same amount of money and my enemy is siting in my seas on the name of freedom of navigation. I will definitely buy some companies in enemy territory.

Other side borrowed 28.4 trillions according to July 2021 data from the rest of the world. China held Apparently 1.1 trillion us treasury securities

What are you talking about? China doesn't own these companies. That's like saying if the US government buys 10M Huawei phones they own them. Huawei would be saying "Um yeah and if you buy 100M more you will own us even more..LOL" Meanwhile they take that money and design a phone 10 times better with it.

Stop talking gibberish.

Last edited:

😊

US fury at Huawei’s handset resurgence

By Martyn Warwick
Sep 18, 2023
  • ‘Perplexed’ Republicans want to know how new Huawei handsets feature 7nm chips
  • There are concerns that PRC has evaded US technology embargoes
  • The US Department of Commerce has opened its own investigation
  • Are there loopholes in export controls or is it just Chinese innovation?

What are you talking about? China doesn't own these companies. That's like saying if the US government buys 10M Huawei phones they own them. Huawei would be saying "Um yeah and if you buy 100M more you will own us even more..LOL" Meanwhile they take that money and design a phone 10 times better with it.

Stop talking gibberish.
China even hold 1.1 trillions in US treasury securities.. I belive China owns half of usa. Every major company want to befit out from Chinese market.
These big companies ready to work for China as their proxies because buying power China own in usa

Stop talking gibberish.
I personally using iPhone since 2009. IPHONE quality is sick now.. nothing new in iPhone. Apart from new charger old charger things

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom