What's new

China Hong Kong SAR: News and Images

All of CY Leung and the CE elect Lam's sons and daughters received top class educations

JT was using the strategy of "挾民意以令中央"
He is the trojan horse. Overwhelming numbers of voters in the anti-BJ camps supported him.

Haha if popular opinion rules election then Andy Lau, Tony Leong and the likes should be more qualified to be the next HKCE:
Top 10 Most Popular Chinese Movie Actors
http://top10for.com/top-10-popular-chinese-movie-actors/

And the following news makes the JT supporters, aka the pan-dems more stupid:

Man who threw egg at John Tsang finishes jail term, vows to keep fighting for Hong Kong's poor
http://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...w-egg-john-tsang-finishes-jail-term-vows-keep

images
The funniest thing is before the election John Tsang was one of the hated figures in the government along side with our CE CY Leung, according to our Yellow camp supporters. Carrie Lam was in fact having a better rating than him, but soon after pan-democrats vowed their support to JT, he suddenly became a saviour of HK with high rating. Every rational person should see through this kind of cheap manipulation easily, but this is too sad that we have many brainwashed people in HK.

ALL of the candidates for HK Chief Executive were Pro-Beijing. She just happens to be more Pro-Beijing than the others. :P

I don't think any candidate for HK Chief Executive is stupid enough to be anti-Beijing.
:what: you are far from the truth, you sure you really are aware of JT and Woo considering you living there? When Leung announced he won't run again the 2nd in command jumped in the "race" followed by the words: must do it for the city (instead of retiring). I bet Beijing had it all planned out, they were aware 兩闢雞 is trojan horse.

:what: you are far from the truth, you sure you really are aware of JT and Woo considering you living there? When Leung announced he won't run again the 2nd in command jumped in the "race" followed by the words: must do it for the city (instead of retiring). I bet Beijing had it all planned out, they were aware 兩闢雞 is trojan horse.

Beijing isn't stupid man, the others are just there to take the fall. It's just a political theater.

No candidate for the post of HK Chief Executive can be anti-Beijing, it's simply not practical.

Beijing isn't stupid man, the others are just there to take the fall. It's just a political theater.

No candidate for the post of HK Chief Executive can be anti-Beijing, it's simply not practical.

I disagree, there's something about 兩闢雞 you might not be aware of

I disagree, there's something about 兩闢雞 you might not be aware of

I can only give my own personal opinion.

And for me, I was never worried about the outcome of the HK Chief Executive race.

Because the new boss is the same as the old boss. At the end of the day, they all have to answer to Beijing.

And I trust that Beijing knows what they are doing.

I can only give my own personal opinion.

And for me, I was never worried about the outcome of the HK Chief Executive race.

Because the new boss is the same as the old boss. At the end of the day, they all have to answer to Beijing.

And I trust that Beijing knows what they are doing.
兩闢雞 was disobeying Beijing's order that should tell you something.

兩闢雞 was disobeying Beijing's order that should tell you something.

This isn't Taiwan. Tell me the name of one single HK Chief Executive that was anti-Beijing?

If they are anti-Beijing they have no chance to be Chief Executive, that's how it is. Because Beijing controls who becomes Chief Executive. The rest is political theater.

There was never any real doubt about who would be the next Chief Executive.

This isn't Taiwan. Tell me the name of one single HK Chief Executive that was anti-Beijing?

If they are anti-Beijing they have no chance to be Chief Executive, that's how it is. Because Beijing controls who becomes Chief Executive. The rest is political theater.

There was never any real doubt about who would be the next Chief Executive.

You said all candidates are pro Beijing, that dude failed the tests and disobeyed Beijing's order. He caught Beijing off guard when he suddenly decided to make a U turn and started to do a swift campaign upon his return back to the city. He made a joke of himself by constantly hammering "there's no reason Beijing should not trust me". Beijing already figured out his true nature hence they didn't trust him.

You said all candidates are pro Beijing, that dude failed the tests and disobeyed Beijing's order. He caught Beijing off guard when he suddenly decided to make a U turn and started to do a swift campaign upon his return back to the city. He made a joke of himself by constantly hammering "there's no reason Beijing should not trust me". Beijing already figured out his true nature hence they didn't trust him.

That's what I think. I think he is just the designated fall guy.

Like I said, Beijing controls who becomes the next Chief Executive. In my opinion, the other candidates are only there for the political theater. They all know how it works, they are all in on it.

That's what I think. I think he is just the designated fall guy.

Like I said, Beijing controls who becomes the next Chief Executive. In my opinion, the other candidates are only there for the political theater. They all know how it works.

he obviously isn't pro Beijing, ignoring Beijing's direct order shows you are not loyal. Also Beijing tested the dude long before and came to the conclusion he can never be CEO. You failed to see this point

he obviously isn't pro Beijing, ignoring Beijing's direct order shows you are not loyal. Also Beijing tested the dude long before and came to the conclusion he can never be CEO. You failed to see this point

Clearly we are not going to agree, so I'm going to leave it here.

In my OPINION I think all the candidates already understood that the choice was made long ago by Beijing, and everything else we saw after that was political theater that they all played their part in. I don't believe any of them are actually anti-Beijing.

Clearly we are not going to agree, so I'm going to leave it here.

In my OPINION I think all the candidates already understood that the choice was made long ago by Beijing, and everything else we saw after that was political theater that they all played their part in. I don't believe any of them are actually anti-Beijing.

Tell me, why has Beijing already concluded that he has become a western proxy if he is not anti Beijing?

Incoming HK chief 's election 'deserved'
By Li Xiaokun | China Daily | Updated: 2017-04-12

b083fe96fac21a57a00002.jpg

President Xi Jinping meets with Lam Cheng Yuet-ngor, the newly appointed chief executive of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, at the Zhongnanhai leadership compound in Beijing on Tuesday.[Photo by Ju Peng/Xinhua]

Beijing will not waiver in the principle of "one country, two systems" in Hong Kong and will fully support the newly appointed chief executive of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region and her government to govern according to law, President Xi Jinping said on Tuesday.

Xi made the remark when meeting Lam Cheng Yuet-ngor-who will take office as the fifth-term chief executive of the SAR on July 1-at the Zhongnanhai leadership compound in central Beijing.

Xi congratulated Lam on her victory in the election and ensuing appointment by the State Council. Lam won the chief executive election with 777 of 1,163 valid votes from members of the Election Committee on March 26.

The president said Lam, who has worked in the Hong Kong government for 36 years, has been devoted to the country and Hong Kong.

He said Lam, who is "diligent, pragmatic, dares to assume responsibilities, is experienced in governing and capable of handling complex situations", has won recognition in Hong Kong society, according to a news release issued after the meeting.

"You match the central government's longtime standard for the chief executive. Your victory in the election is deserved," Xi said.

He said the principle of "one country, two systems" has achieved great success in Hong Kong in the past two decades. This year marks the 20th anniversary of Hong Kong's return to the motherland.

Xi said people should continue to be creative in exploring and pushing forward the practice of the novel principle of "one country, two systems".

"The central government's determination to insist on the 'one country, two systems', ' Hong Kong people governing Hong Kong' and 'a high degree of autonomy' is firm and will not get changed or waived," Xi said, adding that Beijing will "fully support you and the new SAR government to govern according to law".

Premier Li Keqiang granted Lam a certificate of appointment on Tuesday.

Li expressed his hope that Lam will take the initiative to unite and lead the Hong Kong government and people from all walks of life in the region to fully and accurately implement the principle of "one country, two systems" and the SAR's Basic Law.

Lam pledged to continue upholding the "one country, two systems" principle, according to an interview that Xinhua published on Tuesday.

The notion of 'Hong Kong independence' will lead nowhere in Hong Kong, and it will never be tolerated, she said in the interview.

Australia to pursue FTA with China's Hong Kong: trade minister
(Xinhua) 10:55, April 24, 2017

CANBERRA, April 24 -- The Australian government has announced it will pursue a free trade agreement (FTA) with China's Hong Kong Special Administrative Region in an attempt to secure further service export opportunities for Australian businesses.

Australia's Trade Minister Steve Ciobo said securing an FTA with the Hong Kong economy would "strengthen the trading partnership" with one of Australia's "most significant" trading partners.

Australia already has a zero tariff agreement with Hong Kong, however, the FTA would be aimed at securing easier access for "services exports" and ensure Hong Kong would remain open for Australian business.

Under the proposed deal, Australian businesses would be allowed to operate within the mega economy without establishing 'on-the-ground' operations within Hong Kong.

"With Asia's emerging middle class projected to grow from 600 million today to 3 billion by 2035, the potential for services exports is significant," Ciobo said Monday.

"Hong Kong is an important trade and investment partner for Australia, in its own right and as a global hub for the movement of capital and goods between the mainland and the rest of the world."

"An FTA with Hong Kong would complement our FTA with China and further integrate the Australian economy with Asia."

The trade minister said that Hong Kong has already been one of Australia's largest trading partners, and securing an FTA would ensure that Australia's relationship with the mega economy would remain strong.

"Hong Kong is Australia's leading business base in East Asia. More than 600 Australian businesses have a major presence there," Ciobo said.

"The Hong Kong economy) was Australia's eighth largest export market, worth 8.31 billion U.S. dollars last financial year. Overall it was Australia's 12th largest trading partner, with total two-way trade in goods and services worth 11.56 billion U.S. dollars."

"The (Australian government will continue to pursue) an ambitious trade agenda and more trade agreements to create more export opportunities for Australian businesses. More exports will create more Australian jobs."

Ciobo said the government will this week ask businesses and members of the public to put forward submissions in relation to a free trade agreement proposal.

String of violent street brawls prompts Hong Kong police crackdown on South Asian gang hang-outs
The first fight on Saturday involved about 40 people, brandishing knives, golf clubs and glass bottles

PUBLISHED : Tuesday, 02 May, 2017, 8:02pm
UPDATED : Wednesday, 03 May, 2017, 8:31am
Comments: 52

Hong Kong police are planning a crackdown on South Asian gang hang-outs in the Kowloon West area following two street brawls in the last four days.

The first fight, which broke out in the Maple Street Playground in Sham Shui Po at about 10.15pm on Saturday, involved about 40 people from two Indian street gangs – some of whom were brandishing knives, golf clubs and glass bottles, police said.

It spilled onto Cheung Sha Wan Road and Lai Chi Kok Road before officers carrying shields arrived and broke up the fight.

Six Indian men – all asylum seekers aged 22 to 37 – were found injured and were taken to either Caritas Medical Centre in Cheung Sha Wan or Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Yau Ma Tei for treatment.

One of the men was arrested for wounding another, and police said they were still hunting for more than 30 others in connection with the incident.

“Investigations showed a dispute over trivial matters between the two Indian groups sparked the fight,” a police source said. “We believe most of them are asylum seekers and police are still searching for them.”

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH, "ASAP to eliminate these illegal Indian exported criminals by any means, if our police force has failed to protect we Hongkongers from such evils for decades
1st, the ungrateful Vietnamese mobsters in the 70s and now Indians gangsters whom has been committed crimes left and right on a daily basis, The PLA in HK should taking responsibility to clean them up once and for all
:china:
http://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/law-crime/article/2092323/string-violent-street-brawls-prompts-hong-kong-police

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom