What's new

China Hong Kong SAR: News and Images

HK law is weak. He will probably be sentence by a slap on the wrist. China can make an example of these guys by denying them entry to the mainland. Trust me, if you work in HK in finance sector (which is mainly the only sector of work you can find :enjoy:), you will need to travel to China for business sometime. If they can't go over due to some anti government activities in the past, it will definitely hurt their career and their pocket book.
Very well thought out. :enjoy:

HK law is weak. He will probably be sentence by a slap on the wrist. China can make an example of these guys by denying them entry to the mainland. Trust me, if you work in HK in finance sector (which is mainly the only sector of work you can find :enjoy:), you will need to travel to China for business sometime. If they can't go over due to some anti government activities in the past, it will definitely hurt their career and their pocket book.
Very well thought out. :enjoy:

He looks Viet.

Send his malnourished skinny *** back to Vietnam.
Hehe...
Your user name is very hard to remember. There were times I wanted to tag you but couldn't remember it. :D

Did this guy break Hong Kong law or mainland law ?

Subversion / assisting outside states in subversion is the highest form of treason, in some places its punishable by death. If he was American and was assisting some foreign hostile state in subverting or trying to overthrow the government he would be branded a terrorist and be tortured indefinitely.

Death sentence should be standard for national traitors.

Better not to make a victimized hero from the guy. Either punish severely, or ignore. Giving out light sentence will simply add another line in his CV.

Like has been suggested above, financial punishment is the best form of punishment. It depoliticizes the issue and put strain on the foreign interests that back this guy and his co.

Make a generous assessment of the financial loss due to his unlawful act, and then make him pay for it through community service.

Packaging and presentation is important. It is not a coincidence that the US calls its own racial division as civil rights issue while it calls other countries' less severe problems as human rights issue.

Better not to make a victimized hero from the guy. Either punish severely, or ignore. Giving out light sentence will simply add another line in his CV.

Like has been suggested above, financial punishment is the best form of punishment. It depoliticizes the issue and put strain on the foreign interests that back this guy and his co.

Make a generous assessment of the financial loss due to his unlawful act, and then make him pay for it through community service.

Packaging and presentation is important. It is not a coincidence that the US calls its own racial division as civil rights issue while it calls other countries' less severe problems as human rights issue.

Exactly. We know that HK people are not afraid of jail time but more afraid of losing $$$.

Did this guy break Hong Kong law or mainland law ?

He broke Hong Kong law.

Our city is FAR too tolerant of anti-national pieces of sh*t like Joshua Wong. I wish we could send him to the Mainland so he can get proper punishment.

What this guy does is essentially treason. I can't wait until we get Mainland laws in HK.

I follow HK news on my local channel and some of the sentences handed out are a joke. Not that I would commit any crime, but if I had to commit a crime, HK is where I would go

You got that right, Hell our police are even protecting Joshua Wong in case someone wants to be a vigilante.

He broke Hong Kong law.

Our city is FAR too tolerant of anti-national pieces of sh*t like Joshua Wong. I wish we could send him to the Mainland so he can get proper punishment.

What this guy does is essentially treason. I can't wait until we get Mainland laws in HK.

Does HK need to wait until 2047?

I follow HK news on my local channel and some of the sentences handed out are a joke. Not that I would commit any crime, but if I had to commit a crime, HK is where I would go
As i know the length of the sentences or punishment were decided by the HK Judges, most of the time people like Joshua Wong or people who are anti-government will more likely get less punishment than what they should be.

Back
Top Bottom