What's new

China granted $48.5bn in bailing out to Pakistan

I do not know what stops China from training Pakistanis to build the roads and dams
Roads and dams have existed in Pakistan for more than 75 years. Why do they need China to 'train' them? It is not some silicon chipmaking.

@Khan_21

Shouldnt have gone with CPEC. That anounted to the biggest import bill. On top of that it didnt provide anything substantial to the economy.

Solution is simple. Expropriate these assets and repudiate all loans. You have good infra built at the expense of Chinese money. Comrade Eleven can recover by expropriating the assets of etylo, beijingwalkers and their likes.

Regards

You make it sound like those things do not exist in Pakistan prior to CPEC

you must really speculate in real estate

Yeah Pakistan had none of those prior to CPEC
:enjoy:
If you are happy with the current state of infras and they are good enough for your economic growth, China is not forcing you to build more.

Roads and dams have existed in Pakistan for more than 75 years. Why do they need China to 'train' them? It is not some silicon chipmaking.
Why are you Indians building lots of roads and other infras now like crazy and you want Pakistan to stay put ? Pure hypocrite.

@Khan_21

Shouldnt have gone with CPEC. That anounted to the biggest import bill. On top of that it didnt provide anything substantial to the economy.

Solution is simple. Expropriate these assets and repudiate all loans. You have good infra built at the expense of Chinese money. Comrade Eleven can recover by expropriating the assets of etylo, beijingwalkers and their likes.

Regards
Its easier to occupy Indian lands and seize Indian assests.

Last edited:
Why are you Indians building lots of roads and other infras now like crazy and you want Pakistan to stay put ? Pure hypocrite.

Mr Dumbo does not understand India is not taking debt paying inflated prices for infrastructure to Chinese companies

I should have said "used" instead of "training"

Mr Dumbo does not understand India is not taking debt paying inflated prices for infrastructure to Chinese companies

I should have said "used" instead of "training"
You dumbo disguised Indian, why dont you people stop the Chinese projects, Chinese are not forcing you to take the projects, so dont play dumb.

You dumbo disguised Indian, why dont you people stop the Chinese projects, Chinese are not forcing you to take the projects, so dont play dumb.
I never said anyone forced anything

Quit farting that Chinese projects and goods are better for rest of the world

Bail out as in china just forgive the loan? terrible return on investment lol

I never said anyone forced anything

Quit farting that Chinese projects and goods are better for rest of the world
Then dumb have projects with others like the US and Japan instead, its that simple.

You make it sound like those things do not exist in Pakistan prior to CPEC

you must really speculate in real estate

Yeah Pakistan had none of those prior to CPEC
:enjoy:
We had a big shortage of them.

I opposed it from the start because of environmental reasons. Same thing for Gawadar. You cannot compensate unsustainable growth with money circulation.

But I notice anytime I opposes CPEC, I get accused of being a Pajeet in disguise. Maybe I'm exaggerating, but it happens.

in a way your opposition to CPEC is right.

we are so good at messing things up, when CPEC was signed, everything was kept under wraps by saying being a state secret, it raised doubts about it in so many minds.

later we saw it was true, the loans extended for infrastructure in particular for power houses which bears an investment of USD35 billion (approx) was not on easy terms.

for example:
power house construction companies charged interest during construction (which they kept revising) based on LIBOR besides 4.5% during the entire construction process which must be charged only if construction companies took loan, but this is not the case. they partially borrowed short term loan on a very low rate.

it is our fault that we mismanaged everything on those projects from feasibility to execution process and later.

Developing roads & Infras are good... But there are steps to be followed to arrive at that situation. Cannot bypass earlier steps.

Its like running IS better than walking if one wants to reach somewhere in a quicker time. However, to start running, one must first learn how to walk properly. Rest everyone here seems to be intelligent enough.

However, I don't think China should be blamed for these loans. The onus lies fully on the borrower, be it Sri Lanka, Pakistan or any other nation. China is doing what any other good business owner would do. The only mistake of China perhaps is not considering the risk of loosing/ delayed recovery of the investment, in case default. Or may be they did consider that probability after all (and has other contingencies in place, like Hambantota & Gwadar).

Only a year or so ago all Pakistanis on the forums were vigorously defending CPEC and wouldn't agree with anyone who criticized it. If the realization only occurs after a wrong decision has been made, then the root of the problems in Pakistan is not thinking through before making decisions.

CPEC is always portrayed as a debt trap in Western propaganda, unfortunately developing countries often tend to believe in this media propaganda rather than think for themselves. Stable electricity and a good transportation network are the foundations for industrial development, so hydroelectric power stations and highways are necessary preconditions. Countries with frequent power outages and poor road conditions are unable to undertake large-scale heavy industrial transfers. Of course, such long-term, large-scale infrastructure investment is indeed difficult for developing countries. You can complain about this and never go into debt to develop these things, but this is not China's fault. A developed Pakistan is more beneficial to China.

These are long term projects not a matter of a single decade or less. The potential exceeds the risks associated with it.

China needed CPEC more than Pakistan..Pakistan should have told China, "you are welcome tobuild the infra use them and pay tolls/fee to us " till x years and after that they will be ours (like all BOOT projects works) ..China would have happily done ..instead China gave loans to Pakistan,built infra/roads for its use (most part) and purpose..with its own material ,men and machinery ..they got duties and tax exemption and even brought prisoners from China to work as free labour

Most of the CPEC 'investments ' has never hit the SBP.reserves ,.rather the machinery,raw material,-the construction cost ..which again done by Chinese companies, are invoiced /billed to Govt of Pakistan as Debt

If the project has to be successful the Chinese have to relocate manufacturing to Pakistan and use as export hub,China wins

If the project fails to take off -Still China wins , as everything is billed on Pakistan as Loan

Pakistan should have negotiated well and made COEC to its favor .Instead of orange lines,should have asked Chinese to set up industrial zones with export oriented companies and CPEC as BOLT/BOOT method

totally agree witth this and a normal country would have negiotated like this. But - in Pakistan you have corrupt generals who want their payoff aswell as corrupt politicans and burecacy - so they all want a payoff and China was able to use that to be able to get the best deal for themselves...

Back
Top Bottom