What's new

China commissions new-generation "artificial sun"

LOL is China's HL-2M a giant heater! You do realize the goal is to make electricity and not heat! You so funny!

Yes as a matter of fact the head of the Russian Nuclear institute called the ITER project obsolete. I can't find the interview will look for it.
The idea is ok however the plan of a controlled thermal nuclear explosion for energy generation too costly too dangerous to make.
now I believe they spend 1,000W to generate 1W energy.
There are hundreds millions of poor people in the world the money is better spent there.

MIT SPARC reactor target output = 1GW
HL-2M Target Output = 1GW

Looks like the Chinese reactor is an expensive poodle. :lol:
MIT SPARC <100m$ = 1GW
Chinese Reactor > 20 b$ = 1GW

These have all paved the way for the China Fusion Engineering Testing Reactor (CFETR), the preliminary conceptual design of which was finished in 2015 and engineering design started in 2017.
CFETR is intended for steady-state operation, as well as tritium self-sustainment. In phase one it should have 200MW fusion power and in phase two it should have power of 1GW.

Looks like I've massively triggered Chinese insecurities - oh joy! this is fun.

Stick and stones may break my bones ..but your words...:lol:
Fusion output is still net negative mate, what matters is achieving the highest temperature for the longest sustained period. Please understand the technology before talking.
Sorry, you can claim all theory which never proves but fact is China HL-2M has reached the highest temp to prove its point. This is a feat which western still struggle. :enjoy:
He doesn't understand what is the key to fusion, its to sustain the highest temperature for the longest period and China achieved that. You really can't cure stupidity.

You are hopeless, Just pull some link from your rear and act as if u know. You dont even know producing heat is key to produced energy? :lol:

SPARC = HL 2M in output 1GW that heat is not getting translated to electrical output.
This is easy to understand since ITER output is 2 times the energy injected into the reactor to attain fusion while the ratio for SPARC is 10X
So clearly a lot of the energy in the ITER reactor is being lost as heat. So for the same amount of energy SPARC produces 10X the output.

You don't seem to know that heat needs to be converted to electricity efficiently. The greater the efficiency the larger the benefit so SPARC = 10x better than the rest - get it!

Claiming mine is better than yours because it is hotter - is super dumb!

Fusion output is still net negative mate, what matters is achieving the highest temperature for the longest sustained period. Please understand the technology before talking.

He doesn't understand what is the key to fusion, its to sustain the highest temperature for the longest period and China achieved that. You really can't cure stupidity.

Nonsense Fusion output is negative!! so the Chinese are lying when they say they achieved 200MW?

Nonsense Fusion output is negative!! so the Chinese are lying when they say they achieved 200MW?
That’s impossible.
They say they heat the plasma to 150m Celsius, ten times than the heat in the core of the sun.
That means chinese pump ten times more energy than necessary to create fusion reaction.
The only explanation I have is they want to brag.
I doubt they have any electronic magnetic field can withstand the heat.

Dumbass Indians migrant to the US trying to get closer to "greatness", and it hurts their egos when China prevails.
The idea is ok however the plan of a controlled thermal nuclear explosion for energy generation too costly too dangerous to make.
now I believe they spend 1,000W to generate 1W energy.
There are hundreds millions of poor people in the world the money is better spent there.

China already eliminated poverty within her borders. Asking for a handout?

Dumbass Indians migrant to the US trying to get closer to "greatness", and it hurts their egos when China prevails.

China already eliminated poverty within her borders. Asking for a handout?
Nonsense
As a friend of China I give you a advise:
You develop a COVID-19 vaccine and sell it for $1 per injection. Or better: you give vaccine technology to others like Vietnam.
The move would increase China greatness one hundred times more than spending one billion dollars in technology for empty bragging.

Omg, I serioulsy need to stop talking to you. You have no idea what you are talking about. It's Net negative numb numb, your output is less than the input. There is one reactor which has a debatable surplus but it was too small and even that the duration was too short, hence the key to nuclear fusion is sustaining the highest temperature for the longest duration to achieve complete fusion with maximum surplus output. Get it numb numb!

China currently holds the record for the highest temperature for the longest duration.

Last edited:
Omg, I serioulsy need to stop talking to you. You have no idea what you are talking about. It's Net negative numb numb, your output is less than the input. There is one reactor which has a debatable surplus but it was too small and even that the duration was too short, hence the key to nuclear fusion is sustaining the highest temperature for the longest duration to achieve complete fusion with maximum surplus output. Get it numb numb!

China currently holds the record for the highest temperature for the longest duration.

So you are saying China's fusion reactor consumes more energy than it produces - hence net negative output!

Ok please stop talking to me immediately! :enjoy:

SPARC = HL 2M in output 1GW that heat is not getting translated to electrical output.
This is easy to understand since ITER output is 2 times the energy injected into the reactor to attain fusion while the ratio for SPARC is 10X
So clearly a lot of the energy in the ITER reactor is being lost as heat. So for the same amount of energy SPARC produces 10X the output.

You don't seem to know that heat needs to be converted to electricity efficiently. The greater the efficiency the larger the benefit so SPARC = 10x better than the rest - get it!

Claiming mine is better than yours because it is hotter - is super dumb!
Understand the difference between what's here now and what's still in the drawing board. Don't start boasting until sparc actually achieved first plasma like the HL-M2.

indians be like:

we already have our own sun light beam from all the cow arses are directed to modis arse and its hotter than sun! no energy lost 100% free energy!

So you are saying China's fusion reactor consumes more energy than it produces - hence net negative output!

Ok please stop talking to me immediately! :enjoy:
ALLL FUSION REACTOR ARE NET NEGATIVE EXCEPT ONE CLAIMED POSITIVE BUT EVEN THAT WAS FOR A SHORT DURATION NUMB NUMB. GOSH

If you can sustain net positive output then the world's energy problem would be solved. UNDERSTAND?

Back
Top Bottom