What's new

China commissions new-generation "artificial sun"

:omghaha: :omghaha::omghaha:

Using laser to cut tree branches, not a laser weapon per se, but it looks a littler bit terrifying, if you ignore the fact that it probably takes quite awhile to actually burn through the branches:

industrial lasers have been used for cutting since the 1970s.

You unsee, or chose by your choice not to see the essence of my post.

"For more technical details on how that laser would work, how other laser projects around the world compare and why the U.S. lags so far behind"

But the first laser to rip open the vacuum is likely to be the SEL, in China. An international committee of scientists last July described the laser's conceptual design as "unambiguous and convincing," and Li hopes to get government approval for funding—about $100 million—early this year. Li says other countries need not feel left in the shadows as the world's most powerful laser turns on, because the SEL will operate as an international user facility. Zuegel says he doesn't "like being second," but acknowledges that the Chinese group is in a strong position. "China has plenty of bucks," he says. "And it has a lot of really smart people. It is still catching up on a lot of the technology, but it's catching up fast."

Truth hurts, the sooner he wakes up the less anger and humiliation he has to endure. But then again you cannot wake up stupidity now can you?

"For more technical details on how that laser would work, how other laser projects around the world compare and why the U.S. lags so far behind"

But the first laser to rip open the vacuum is likely to be the SEL, in China. An international committee of scientists last July described the laser's conceptual design as "unambiguous and convincing," and Li hopes to get government approval for funding—about $100 million—early this year. Li says other countries need not feel left in the shadows as the world's most powerful laser turns on, because the SEL will operate as an international user facility. Zuegel says he doesn't "like being second," but acknowledges that the Chinese group is in a strong position. "China has plenty of bucks," he says. "And it has a lot of really smart people. It is still catching up on a lot of the technology, but it's catching up fast."

Truth hurts, the sooner he wakes up the less anger and humiliation he has to endure. But then again you cannot wake up stupidity now can you?

Neither can those pretending to be asleep be ever woken up
:enjoy::enjoy::enjoy:

Are you blind, retarded or both? It's not even the same project. Do you have so much sand in your xxxxx that you have to say something negative every time?

This device is called HL-2M. It's a completely different machine than the ITER which is situated in France. The only commonality being they're both Tokamak (magnetic) type containment design.

You should ask the guy who was part of the team that built HL-2M.. He claims in his paper that HL-2M is an enabler for ITER. The HL-2M is itself an evolution of the HL-2A which is based on KSTAR Tokamak from Korea, an evolution of the DIII-D design by General Atomics.

You can find the paper on the internet.

The contributions of HL-2M to fusion reactor
Li Qiang, for HL-2M Team (liqiang@swip.ac.cn)
Southwestern Institute of Physics, Chengdu, Sichuan, 610041, China
Abstract
HL-2M is a new tokamak under construction at Southwestern Institute of Physics (SWIP) and to be commissioned soon. HL-2M project covers a broad scope including a whole tokamak machine. It takes advantage of the flexibility of copper-conductor magnets to facilitate the experiments to study the high performance plasmas, techniques and engineering toward ITER and a fusion reactor

Further confirmation that HL-2M shares design concepts with DIII-D an AMERICAN design.
Oh well so much for the HL-2M has nothing to do with ITER and is a indigenous pure 100% Chinese design fantasy.

Last edited:

Omg you equate that to industrial laser? It's 100petawatt cutting through vacuum man. That itself is a scientific marvel. Gosh
You should ask the guy who was part of the team that built HL-2M. Or, may be has sand in his vagina as well. He claims in his paper that HL-2M is an enabler for ITER. The HL-2M is itself an evolution of the HL-2A which is based on KSTAR Tokamak from Korea, an evolution of the DIII-D design by General Atomics.

You can find the paper on the internet.

The contributions of HL-2M to fusion reactor
Li Qiang, for HL-2M Team (liqiang@swip.ac.cn)
Southwestern Institute of Physics, Chengdu, Sichuan, 610041, China
Abstract
HL-2M is a new tokamak under construction at Southwestern Institute of Physics (SWIP) and to be commissioned soon. HL-2M project covers a broad scope including a whole tokamak machine. It takes advantage of the flexibility of copper-conductor magnets to facilitate the experiments to study the high performance plasmas, techniques and engineering toward ITER and a fusion reactor
All tokamaks were based on the original Russian design and improved upon, its an evolution mate. Iterative improvement up to a point our reactor is the best before ITER. It is a pretest for ITER and the experience will be shared with ITER.

Omg you equate that to industrial laser? It's 100petawatt cutting through vacuum man. That itself is a scientific marvel. Gosh

All tokamaks were based on the original Russian design and improved upon, its an evolution mate. Iterative improvement up to a point our reactor is the best before ITER. It is a pretest for ITER and the experience will be shared with ITER.

I was talking about the tree cutting laser. The US commissioned its first petawatt laser in 1996 more than 20 years ago.

I was talking about the tree cutting laser. The US commissioned its first petawatt laser in 1996 more than 20 years ago.
Yah we have a 5 petawatt laser for almost a decade and US is only now planning to build a 3 petawatt one, so? While you are at it, we are building a 100petawatt system which can slice vacuum. Do you know you are behind now? Same with tokamaks, same with gen 4 reactors, get it?

Yah we have a 5 petawatt laser for almost a decade and US is only now planning to build a 3 petawatt one, so? While you are at it, we are building a 100petawatt system which can slice vacuum. Do you know you are behind now? Same with tokamaks, same with gen 4 reactors, get it?

keep dreaming ..

Russia’s projected Center for Extreme Light Studies (XCELS) is supposed to reach 200 petawatts, with the future option of going up to exawatt levels (1,000 petawatts, or a billion, billion watts). The US is scrambling to regain leadership with the Zettawatt-Equivalent Ultrashort Pulse Laser System (ZEUS) to be built at the University of Michigan.

Last edited:
1.png
2.png

keep dreaming ..

Russia’s projected Center for Extreme Light Studies (XCELS) is supposed to reach 200 petawatts, with the future option of going up to exawatt levels (1,000 petawatts, or a billion, billion watts). The US is scrambling to regain leadership with the Zettawatt-Equivalent Ultrashort Pulse Laser System (ZEUS) to be built at the University of Michigan.
You must be yindian. Dreaming? We have the most powerful lasers currently okay hero. Can shall will is in the future. First make a 3 petawatt laser. Lol. Even the article previously by science mag acknowledge US is behind and trying to catch up.

"The name ZEUS (Zettawatt-Equivalent Ultrashort pulse laser System) refers to the interaction of a PetaWatt laser pulse colliding with a GeV energy electron beam that can be generated by one of its two beamlines. This geometry provides the equivalent of a “Zettawatt” power laser interaction (1021 Watts) in the rest frame of the electron beam. "

I rest my case, you cannot cure stupidity.

You must be yindian. Dreaming? We have the most powerful lasers currently okay hero. Can shall will is in the future. First make a 3 petawatt laser. Lol. Even the article previously by science mag acknowledge US is behind and trying to catch up.

"The name ZEUS (Zettawatt-Equivalent Ultrashort pulse laser System) refers to the interaction of a PetaWatt laser pulse colliding with a GeV energy electron beam that can be generated by one of its two beamlines. This geometry provides the equivalent of a “Zettawatt” power laser interaction (1021 Watts) in the rest frame of the electron beam. "

I rest my case, you cannot cure stupidity.

The output is increased by a new technique called coherent pulse stacking from PeraWatt to Zettawatt.
Even the Russian XCELS can scale from 200 PetaWatts to 1,000 PetaWatts by pulse stacking.

The output is what matters and the output is much...much higher than baby Chinese laser.

Well this is your tenth attempt on this thread to cure my stupidity - keep trying. :lol:
Don't give up 💪

Last edited:
The output by combining petawatt pulse is in the Zettawatt still much higher than the Chinese - yet to be built 100 PetaWatt baby laser.
Even the Russian XCELS can scale to 1,000 PetaWatts.

Stop bragging about a yet to be build baby laser - you are embarrassing China. :lol:
Whatever that means, so I just combine 500 and I get 2500 pwatt? Are you stupid or what? Russian can shall will is not my problem, the most powerful STANDALONE laser is a 5 petawatt laser in China, to be scaled up to 100 petawatt. Your own science magazine just said you are catching up to China and now you here trying to convince otherwise. Lol.

Btw it said an equivalent of a zettawatt laser in terms of interaction, by using a petawatt laser, it did not mention Any COMBO, it just said the INTEERRACTION is equivalent and they are still using a PETAWATT Laser.

Whatever that means, so I just combine 500 and I get 2500 pwatt? Are you stupid or what? Russian can shall will is not my problem, the most powerful STANDALONE laser is a 5 petawatt laser in China, to be scaled up to 100 petawatt. Your own science magazine just said you are catching up to China and now you here trying to convince otherwise. Lol.

Btw it said an equivalent of a zettawatt laser in terms of interaction, by using a petawatt laser, it did not mention Any COMBO, it just said the INTEERRACTION is equivalent and they are still using a PETAWATT Laser.

Wrong again the most powerful standalone laser is the 10 PW ELI-NP in Magurele, Romania designed by Thales and NuPECC (European Science Foundation)

You are failing in your mission to cure my stupidity ... please don't give up on me 😭

Back
Top Bottom