What's new

Chengdu Aircraft Industry Group to produce 1,200 J-10 fighters

I kinda agree with you on this point, though India sounds like a threat, it's not going to happen. India and China will always have the deterrent. Though they might have disputes in the border but never a full out war, but possibly a skirmish. I do not see China and India going for a full out war unless India really pisses China off. Also understand something, when China decides to go to a war, it's nothing like the Americans, it will always be a Blitzkrieg. They will punch the hell out of any country or they will die trying.... and they are willing to sacrifice the life of any amount of Chinese if they must, just to prove their point. This is the way of a Chinese mentality works, never fought like the American losers. But trust me, you must never misunderstand "China's Patient As Weakness". China/Chinese will always put their country first before their families/money. This you and India needs to understand and I am F***ing serious!!!

though I agree with your point,you're sounding F**king funny,rather than tough..

India and China will never go to war,more like skirmishes..thats true..

China's operation will be like Blitzkrieg,nope..China never fought like Blitzkrieg,unlike USA..USA fought like Blitzkrieg.they kick the hell out from the enemy.please study about Iraq war and you'll know.they suffered huge casualty against IED and Insurgency,not in the main war..but last time China fought,they had a good chance to show a "Lightning war"..but they failed even having overwhelming superiority and strategically lost the war..

China's patience(not patient you wrote)??its China who is threatening other countries and not otherwise..but you'll never understand,as you're blinded by fake propaganda.. :disagree: no country wants to p!ss off China..but it looks like China is pushing others to confront them..

but I agree with you that China can spare a lot of soldiers..that we saw time and again..anyone will agree with you..

though I agree with your point,you're sounding F**king funny,rather than tough..

China's operation will be like Blitzkrieg,nope..China never fought like Blitzkrieg,unlike USA..USA fought like Blitzkrieg.they kick the hell out from the enemy.please study about Iraq war and you'll know.they suffered huge casualty against IED and Insurgency,not in the main war..but last time China fought,they had a good chance to show a "Lightning war"..but they failed even having overwhelming superiority and strategically lost the war..

China's patience(not patient you wrote)??its China who is threatening other countries and not otherwise..but you'll never understand,as you're blinded by fake propaganda.. :disagree: no country wants to p!ss off China..but it looks like China is pushing others to confront them..

but I agree with you that China can spare a lot of soldiers..that we saw time and again..anyone will agree with you..

The last time China actually fought a war was with India, 1962., with cold war era equipment. For China to have a Blitzkrieg it would be NOW. No country, I repeat, "No Country" can have a Blitzkrieg with weapons dated to the WWII era. China/Chinese do not like/have the mentality of USA. They do not want to conquer, they do not want to, I repeat, want to "Occupy" any country. But she do want what is hers. The weapons which China possesses as of today isn't anymore of WWII era. Believe me when I say this, you want to test China's patience, go ahead. I can't stop you, neither can you stop your Indian Gov. When that happens, it would be really too late to say, "You told me so".
China isn't India and China isn't USA. Chinese culture differ very much from India and the USA. Like I said, any Chinese would put their heart out to defend their motherland at any cost. I say this, because, I do know what I would do for my motherland.

Fake propaganda from where? Canada? I live in Canada as we speak now. Does fake propaganda travel all the way to Toronto, or do we have free press in here? You need to really understand a Chinese before you make these statements. It's not all that rosy while living in a democracy.

The last time China actually fought a war was with India, 1962., with cold war era equipment. For China to have a Blitzkrieg it would be NOW. No country, I repeat, "No Country" can have a Blitzkrieg with weapons dated to the WWII era. China/Chinese do not like/have the mentality of USA. They do not want to conquer, they do not want to, I repeat, want to "Occupy" any country. But she do want what is hers. The weapons which China possesses as of today isn't anymore of WWII era. Believe me when I say this, you want to test China's patience, go ahead. I can't stop you, neither can you stop your Indian Gov. When that happens, it would be really too late to say, "You told me so".
China isn't India and China isn't USA. Chinese culture differ very much from India and the USA. Like I said, any Chinese would put their heart out to defend their motherland at any cost. I say this, because, I do know what I would do for my motherland.

Fake propaganda from where? Canada? I live in Canada as we speak now. Does fake propaganda travel all the way to Toronto, or do we have free press in here? You need to really understand a Chinese before you make these statements. It's not all that rosy while living in a democracy.

you forgot Vietnam,understandable.. :lol:

Blitzkrieg was done by Germany,using WW II equipment in WW II.. :omghaha: its done by India using cold war equipment in bangladesh,in 1971.. :omghaha:

and the real trick lies in the blue marked line..what was China's???really??what was part of China??Scarborough Shoal?? 9 dotted line??arunachal Pradesh(it was part of Tibet,but never under China)??or is it some parts of Kashmir and Sikkim(with which there was no border with china,like ever)???

you seemed to somewhat furious(newbie,understandable)..we deal with kinds like you everyday..why don't you read first before posting gibberish???

you forgot Vietnam,understandable.. :lol:

Blitzkrieg was done by Germany,using WW II equipment in WW II.. :omghaha: its done by India using cold war equipment in bangladesh,in 1971.. :omghaha:

and the real trick lies in the blue marked line..what was China's???really??what was part of China??Scarborough Shoal?? 9 dotted line??arunachal Pradesh(it was part of Tibet,but never under China)??or is it some parts of Kashmir and Sikkim(with which there was no border with china,like ever)???

you seemed to somewhat furious(newbie,understandable)..we deal with kinds like you everyday..why don't you read first before posting gibberish???

Now this is where I hit you hard. When was the WWI fought and when was WWII fought? Is that why Chinese people mock Indians because of their lack of understanding or ignorance or their IQ? You wage a war using WWII equipment during 1962 as compared to Germany using WWI equipments during 1914? Or Japan using WWII weapons in 1939? Are you that stupid? Please, thankfully Rabindranath Tagore wasn't born in this era, (the present time) he would die of shame, sorry to burst out to you this way.

Also a "Newbie" does not mean one's new to a forum. One might be new to this forum, but it does not state one's new to any kind of knowledge or any other forum. So, never insult one's knowledge because you've got higher number of post, it just shows your lack of understanding and not to mention your stupidity and ignorance.

i am failed to understand why every super power waste trillions on defense after it become a power ? can't they have something good ? GB SOVIETS USA japan GERMANS and now china .

When a man becomes rich, it becomes his interest to stay rich and protect his wealth. Super powers work in the same principle. This is the reason why the US controls all the oceans and shipping lanes, they make a lot of money from them and project a lot of global influence.

Now this is where I hit you hard. When was the WWI fought and when was WWII fought? Is that why Chinese people mock Indians because of their lack of understanding or ignorance or their IQ? You wage a war using WWII equipment during 1962 as compared to Germany using WWI equipments during 1914? Or Japan using WWII weapons in 1939? Are you that stupid? Please, thankfully Rabindranath Tagore wasn't born in this era, (the present time) he would die of shame, sorry to burst out to you this way.

Also a "Newbie" does not mean one's new to a forum. One might be new to this forum, but it does not state one's new to any kind of knowledge or any other forum. So, never insult one's knowledge because you've got higher number of post, it just shows your lack of understanding and not to mention your stupidity and ignorance.

kids this days... :laughcry: WW I fought in 1914-1918 using trench warfare..Germany tried Blitzkrieg in WW II,got some success..but later bogged down by same plan against SU..whats your point of all this??? :cheesy: only Germany implemented Blitzkrieg successfully.but later,its found that this kind of warfare is flawed and its abandoned.though several modified warfare fought,in which Indian 1971 war is one..when was China ever tried something like it??China never tried anything with any kind of weapons..truth hurts may be,but thats fact..why are you personally excited??neither your post has any substance,nor anyone argue against such a void of substance.

neither China tried a BlitzKrieg against India,Vietnam or in Korea(only 3 wars China fought since civil war,others are skirmishes)..so why are you obsessed with this term???also,Blitzkrieg isn't effective against a country like india..its against a small country where you can easily bypass a fortified city.you can't easily flank a fortified line(which may be spread over hundreds of Kms)..

I didn't insult you by saying a Newbie..but here,in this forum,most newbies are lack of both knowledge as well as patience..you are suddenly one of them..you're chanting war rhetorics than posting properly..

don't know what are you trying to say,but I think you should concentrate on topic than insulting me..

A "blitzkrieg" tactic is an umbrella term that is used to refer to an attack in which the aggressor attempts to overwhelm and capitulate the enemy by launching coordinated, multi-front, and most importantly, surprise assaults. Such requirements don't always include a freaking 10-hour artillery barrage like the Germans did during WWI or a Pearl Harbor style attack; any operation that catches the enemy off guard and manages to break through their defenses using surprise can be seen as such.

This means that the 1962 skirmish (it's not a full scale war since both sides restrained themselves) was in some respects similar to a blitzkrieg tactic, since the Chinese used coordinated mortar assaults in the opening front, but ultimately wasn't since India was expecting a counterattack after Indian troops were initially sent to occupy disputed territory.

But to say that the Chinese aren't considering the concept is simply ridiculous. First of all, after China extensively studied the Gulf War and such, the PLA embarked on a huge program to develop such weapons, such as long range cruise missiles (CJ-10, CJ-20, YJ-62, CM602G, YJ63, etc). They also developed the long range delivery mechanisms that would be needed to launch such "shock and we" assaults. Finally, their development and focus in stand off weapons seem to be in tandem with the notion that they are leaning towards the "shock and awe" tactic.

The notion that China doesn't plan on studying "blitzkrieg" tactics because they haven't done so is also erroneous. Every type of conflict calls for a different strategy and action. Just take a look at Vietnam and you'll see how "shock and awe" isn't always the way to go.

Sure, anyone can believe that China is "threatening" other countries when they turn a blind eye towards what caused the Chinese to react the way they did, such as Japan's unilateral purchase of the disputed islands.

Chengdu Aircraft Industry Group will produce a total of 1,200 J-10 fighters for the PLA Force to counter F-16 fighters over the Taiwan Strait and Western Pacific, according to our sister paper Want Daily.

The Moscow-based Voice of Russia says the J-10A uses the Lyulka-Saturn AL-31FN turbofan engine imported from Russia due to difficulties in the development of China's WS-10 Taihang engine. The newer J-10B variant will be fitted with the Taihang engine.

Geng Ruguang, senior vice president of China Aviation Industry Corporation, said the development of the J-10, Taihang engine and PL-12 air-to-air missile shows China has become the fourth nation in the world to design and produce its own advanced fighter.

Geng said the J-10B's active phased array airborne radar enables the fighter to track six targets and engage four of them simultaneously. Geng also said the J-10's radar system can also lock on to US F-16 and Japanese F-2 fighters without difficulty. Furthermore, the PL-12 air-to-air missile designed for the J-10 boasts similar specs to the US-built AIM-120 air-to-air missile used by the F-16A/B fighters of Taiwan's air force.

Taiwan currently has 388 fighters, of which 145 are F-16A/Bs purchased from the United States. The imbalance in the size of the size of the fighter fleets on opposing sides of the Taiwan Strait is a matter of serious concern for Taiwan's security.

Between 2014 and 2015, 36 J-10B fighters will also be supplied to the Pakistan Air Force under the name FC-20,

Chengdu Aircraft Industry Group to produce 1,200 J-10 fighters @Aeronaut @nuclearpak @Oscar @Antibody @Icarus @Xeric @fatman17 @Jungibaaz @Yzd Khalifa @Arabian Legend @Rafi @Areesh @A.Rafay and others
:china::china::pakistan:

Here is the source:

Chengdu Aircraft Industry Group to produce 1,200 J-10 fighters

Last edited by a moderator:
A "blitzkrieg" tactic is an umbrella term that is used to refer to an attack in which the aggressor attempts to overwhelm and capitulate the enemy by launching coordinated, multi-front, and most importantly, surprise assaults. Such requirements don't always include a freaking 10-hour artillery barrage like the Germans did during WWI or a Pearl Harbor style attack; any operation that catches the enemy off guard and manages to break through their defenses using surprise can be seen as such.

This means that the 1962 skirmish (it's not a full scale war since both sides restrained themselves) was in some respects similar to a blitzkrieg tactic, since the Chinese used coordinated mortar assaults in the opening front, but ultimately wasn't since India was expecting a counterattack after Indian troops were initially sent to occupy disputed territory.

But to say that the Chinese aren't considering the concept is simply ridiculous. First of all, after China extensively studied the Gulf War and such, the PLA embarked on a huge program to develop such weapons, such as long range cruise missiles (CJ-10, CJ-20, YJ-62, CM602G, YJ63, etc). They also developed the long range delivery mechanisms that would be needed to launch such "shock and we" assaults. Finally, their development and focus in stand off weapons seem to be in tandem with the notion that they are leaning towards the "shock and awe" tactic.

The notion that China doesn't plan on studying "blitzkrieg" tactics because they haven't done so is also erroneous. Every type of conflict calls for a different strategy and action. Just take a look at Vietnam and you'll see how "shock and awe" isn't always the way to go.

Sure, anyone can believe that China is "threatening" other countries when they turn a blind eye towards what caused the Chinese to react the way they did, such as Japan's unilateral purchase of the disputed islands.

well to be fair Blitzkrieg also involves air superiority and destroying enemy key positions,, supplies, and crippling their airbases, and such within a short span of time. China never had a war which air superiority was achieved.

However, the fast attack, surround enemy tactics are extensively used during the civil war AND korean war.

The first campaign against the US was the fast advance and surround of the US army with far "superior" forces, though only in number. In the end still some escaped the surround, which the Nationalists during the civil war couldn't do.

China since the time of Sunzi was advocating lighting tactics to achieve victory. The encirclement tactics is the main Communist strategy, because Mao preached the elimination of enemy forces rather than capturing a city or two. The only way to do it effectively? Encircle the whole of enemy forces.

J-10B_1035c.jpg

I'm still highly doubtful....
Anyway, military got its priorities totally wrong. It should be Sub first, then the rest

well to be fair Blitzkrieg also involves air superiority and destroying enemy key positions,, supplies, and crippling their airbases, and such within a short span of time. China never had a war which air superiority was achieved.

However, the fast attack, surround enemy tactics are extensively used during the civil war AND korean war.

The first campaign against the US was the fast advance and surround of the US army with far "superior" forces, though only in number. In the end still some escaped the surround, which the Nationalists during the civil war couldn't do.

China since the time of Sunzi was advocating lighting tactics to achieve victory. The encirclement tactics is the main Communist strategy, because Mao preached the elimination of enemy forces rather than capturing a city or two. The only way to do it effectively? Encircle the whole of enemy forces.

A blitzkrieg is a type of surprise warfare, and therefore air superiority is not necessarily a part of it.

Sure, one can launch surprise attacks via air power, but can also achieve a similar effect using well-timed ground assaults.

A blitzkrieg is a type of surprise warfare, and therefore air superiority is not necessarily a part of it.

Sure, one can launch surprise attacks via air power, but can also achieve a similar effect using well-timed ground assaults.

surprise warfare sure, but Blitzkrieg is a german invention. This very specific type of warfare involves air superiority. A surprise attack doesn't.

BTW, a Blitzkrieg's main point isn't the surprise, but the encirclement of all enemy forces to cause it to either be dead or surrender. A surprise attack's impact is limited at best, but a encirclement can knock a country out of a war.

Much like how Cognac is Brandy, but it needs to be from the Cognac region to be called Cognac.

i am failed to understand why every super power waste trillions on defense after it become a power ? can't they have something good ? GB SOVIETS USA japan GERMANS and now china .

Because you cannot be called a True Super Power without the Military might.

Once you become an "ECONOMIC SUPER POWER" you need the Military might to stop others who may want to take advantage of your wealth. It is no different than a person getting extremely rich and needs Security to stop thieves and kidnappers to defend himself and his family and his wealth.

J-10B_1035c.jpg

I'm still highly doubtful....
Anyway, military got its priorities totally wrong. It should be Sub first, then the rest

Each arm of the military has it's own budget. If the navy isn't getting the subs, then either the government didn't provide it with the necessary budget, or it's the navy's own fault.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom