What's new

Chengdu Aircraft Industry Group to produce 1,200 J-10 fighters

Zarvan

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Chengdu Aircraft Industry Group will produce a total of 1,200 J-10 fighters for the PLA Force to counter F-16 fighters over the Taiwan Strait and Western Pacific, according to our sister paper Want Daily.

The Moscow-based Voice of Russia says the J-10A uses the Lyulka-Saturn AL-31FN turbofan engine imported from Russia due to difficulties in the development of China's WS-10 Taihang engine. The newer J-10B variant will be fitted with the Taihang engine.

Geng Ruguang, senior vice president of China Aviation Industry Corporation, said the development of the J-10, Taihang engine and PL-12 air-to-air missile shows China has become the fourth nation in the world to design and produce its own advanced fighter.

Geng said the J-10B's active phased array airborne radar enables the fighter to track six targets and engage four of them simultaneously. Geng also said the J-10's radar system can also lock on to US F-16 and Japanese F-2 fighters without difficulty. Furthermore, the PL-12 air-to-air missile designed for the J-10 boasts similar specs to the US-built AIM-120 air-to-air missile used by the F-16A/B fighters of Taiwan's air force.

Taiwan currently has 388 fighters, of which 145 are F-16A/Bs purchased from the United States. The imbalance in the size of the size of the fighter fleets on opposing sides of the Taiwan Strait is a matter of serious concern for Taiwan's security.

Between 2014 and 2015, 36 J-10B fighters will also be supplied to the Pakistan Air Force under the name FC-20,

Chengdu Aircraft Industry Group to produce 1,200 J-10 fighters @Aeronaut @nuclearpak @Oscar @Antibody @Icarus @Xeric @fatman17 @Jungibaaz @Yzd Khalifa @Arabian Legend @Rafi @Areesh @A.Rafay and others
:china::china::pakistan:

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont know a nation which produces every thing by copying or by any technique, cant produces engine for so long we listning that they will produce ws-10 but still not.

What took them so long ?

btw any 1 tell when will they start production and when first batch available ?

Chengdu Aircraft Industry Group will produce a total of 1,200 J-10 fighters for the PLA Force to counter F-16 fighters over the Taiwan Strait and Western Pacific, according to our sister paper Want Daily.

The Moscow-based Voice of Russia says the J-10A uses the Lyulka-Saturn AL-31FN turbofan engine imported from Russia due to difficulties in the development of China's WS-10 Taihang engine. The newer J-10B variant will be fitted with the Taihang engine.

Geng Ruguang, senior vice president of China Aviation Industry Corporation, said the development of the J-10, Taihang engine and PL-12 air-to-air missile shows China has become the fourth nation in the world to design and produce its own advanced fighter.

Geng said the J-10B's active phased array airborne radar enables the fighter to track six targets and engage four of them simultaneously. Geng also said the J-10's radar system can also lock on to US F-16 and Japanese F-2 fighters without difficulty. Furthermore, the PL-12 air-to-air missile designed for the J-10 boasts similar specs to the US-built AIM-120 air-to-air missile used by the F-16A/B fighters of Taiwan's air force.

Taiwan currently has 388 fighters, of which 145 are F-16A/Bs purchased from the United States. The imbalance in the size of the size of the fighter fleets on opposing sides of the Taiwan Strait is a matter of serious concern for Taiwan's security.

Between 2014 and 2015, 36 J-10B fighters will also be supplied to the Pakistan Air Force under the name FC-20,

Chengdu Aircraft Industry Group to produce 1,200 J-10 fighters @Aeronaut @nuclearpak @Oscar @Antibody @Icarus @Xeric @fatman17 @Jungibaaz @Yzd Khalifa @Arabian Legend @Rafi @Areesh @A.Rafay and others
:china::china::pakistan:

This clearly Shows that CAC has produced about 400 J-10A and J-10AS and now 400 J-10B/S :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Good share some Images of J-10C/J-10CS. Please...........

post-27199-1202914806.jpg

Chinese J-10 Fighter Aircraft

j2.jpg

so PAF plans to fill up high tech gap with J-10 will be pushed back to 2017+……:coffee:
or maybe F-16 C/Ds purchase which i don't see happening…

1,200 new units of J-10 jet? Crazy. Do you want to start a war and conquer Asia?

I think we will produce at least 500 pops of J10b, China has to deal with USA and Japan in the same time.
taking both opponents at the same time? you may take on Japan, but the US airforce is still far ahead of China. Maybe in 20 years. If you think of taking back the Senkakus, I believe it is a lost cause as long as the US backs Japan.

At year 2018, China will run a fleet consisting of 500 J10A, 500 J10B, 600 J11B, 100SU30MKK,200plusJ16, 100 PLUS J15, 300 JH7/JH7A/JH7B, 48 SU35. Most importantly, J20 will enter into servic by 2018. tell me any country can rival PLAAF in the Asian pacific region? We will tell the world we are back in the game.

taking both opponents at the same time? you may take on Japan, but the US airforce is still far ahead of China. Maybe in 20 years. If you think of taking back the Senkakus, I believe it is a lost cause as long as the US backs Japan.

Seems you are freaked out by those American blockbuster, even Vietnam kicked their A$$ back 1960.

Senkakus is non of your business, you don't have to be a cheerleader. I know you viets wish USA burst our *** all day long. I'm sorry it won't happen in the future casue we are too strong for you to image. Take care of your own business, digging oil hard in the SCS to make your ends meet.

The pics you post are j10A please post j10B wish to see the beauti of eagle and wish to see in Pakistan air

Senkakus is non of your business, you don't have to be a cheerleader. I know you viets wish USA burst our *** all day long. I'm sorry it won't happen in the future casue we are too strong for you to image. Take care of your own business, digging oil hard in the SCS to make your ends meet.
ha ha ha...are you angry? you forget to call the Chinese name, Diaoyu islands.

No, I don´t cheer the US, I hate them because of ther crimes during the war and the embargo time after their defeat. But today if the Americans can keep you at bay, I don´t have any objections. :D

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom