What's new

Ceremony held to celebrate completion of Lahore Airport main Runway | July 2022 .

In ko thori si bhi sharam nhn ati having a pointless inauguration ceremony for an upgraded airport runway which took 3 years?

They had an inauguration ceremony of a parking plaza at the airport too ffs.

Where the heck are we headed collectively, on an institutional level? Our public institutions are just beghairat at this point.

In the private sector, if I was going to do an inauguration ceremony and cut a cake for a project which was delayed 1.5 years, I would be fired.

Askari and other housing societies are built on airport land illegally, hindering airport's future expansion plans and inviting birds to be striked into jet engines. They should be demolished.

In my opinion if you had a airport already which is reasonably good

It is stupid to construct a second one
The money could have been used else where in country

Its like Spiderman movie every 5 years they reboot story

To me the only reason Lahore Airport had to be reconstructed because people heard Rawalpindi got new airport. Lahore folks felt they needed a new Airport as well when in reality they don't

How much loan we took to redo the Lahore Airport ?
2-5 Billion Dollars ???

It is 100% case of my neighbor got a new car I need to buy one as well
and from PML perspective , these "RE-DO" projects make money because the contracts promise money on the side

Last edited:
Some people will say
No no it is for Lahore I love my city , this and that

I get it but when you have less money in hand focus should be on most critical areas , like Hospitals , Bed Capacity

Alot alot of time these Airports are pawned with IMF for collateral so while Pakistani citizen take burden of loan , in end these assets are sold off to friends of IMF in long run

The focus should have been Gwadar airport and desalination plant and water management not Lahore airport

To me the only reason Lahore Airport had to be reconstructed because people heard Rawalpindi got new airport. Lahore folks felt they needed a new Airport as well when in reality they don't

2-5 Billion Dollars ???
j

2-5 Billion Dollars ???

It is 100% case of my neighbor got a new car I need to buy one as well
and from PML perspective , these "RE-DO" projects make money because the contracts promise money on the side
I think its an old one . Not new airport but runway has been reconstructed only .

All this for a Runway!!!

Seriously...

#BigDeal

Its great that runway was upgraded but there was no need fir ceremonies and photos and cakes etc……as usual our civil aviation Babay just enjoying rather than working hard…..

CAA is a mess yet these old babay have no work to do but to plan cake and tea ceremonies

Back
Top Bottom