What's new

Caste composition of Indian members!

What is your caste ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had no idea what my caste is nor that other people around me follow different traditions until I cleared my 10th standard. I then came to know that we are all supposed to be different because of our caste.

After my 12th Standard exams, while in queue for engineering college admissions, I met my friend from college who had scored similar marks as me and his father was an IAS officer(making him a part of the elite in society). He was apparently from a scheduled tribe(I never knew before that) and got first pick of the colleges. While me, the general category guy had a choice of far flung colleges. That is the day I realised how unfair the reservation system is.

Yeah, I am well aware of the discrimination that lower caste people still suffer but I am not sure that the reservation system is actually working. The benefits are all taken by the cream leaving very little for those who actually need it.

Last edited:
The irony of the most casteist member being a Pakistani LOL.

What's your view on caste system? Since you seemed to know something about Periyar.

Also I feel the caste based politics never existed in TN and Kerala but most prevalent in all north Indian states. Why so?

Irony of Indian people is upper caste people doesn't want reservation system but when it comes to politics they talk about their own caste being greater than fellow lower caste citizen. When do Indians will come out of this? I'm feeling disgraced to see youths of India still talking about this crap.

Caste is most irrelevant thing for me being born to Tamil dad and Telugu mom but sometime I feel doomed about the future of this country looking at these comments. When Indians will come out of this? Sanatan dharma stated caste of a person is not determined by birth but by deeds and way of life.

A Brahman can be Kshtriya when he acquires fighting skills.
A Shudra can be Brahmana when he reads vedas and dedicates himself for nature without harming anyone.
A Kshatriya can be vaishya when one learns trading skills.

Stop this BS people. Please close this thread, don't give negative impression of India to others.

Last edited:
majority indians here are lower caste they are just pretending upper caste?

No, they are so called upper caste people (You can easily detect them as they are pro modi, opposes caste in public but support modi for casteism, they are curse on India, always supported bjp in every election)

Samaj Nahi ayaaa bhai...

Samaj Nahi ayaaa bhai...
common baby lets fight ;)

Its Punjabi. Means (come sister we fight, no I will not, what? I will see how you don't fight.)
its more like common siter lets fight ... my shoe/slipper will fight ... what did u just called me a slipper ;)

i will chop the weenies of every low caste guy so that only the upper caste remains in the end :chilli: @hinduguy @Ayush

What's your view on caste system? Since you seemed to know something about Periyar.

It is is an outdated system in the modern age. even a 100 years ago, Kerala was the most casteist society. It was due to the sacrifices of a lot of social reformers, education that lessened the influence of this.

Only backward looking societies will hold onto this system.

It is is an outdated system in the modern age. even a 100 years ago, Kerala was the most casteist society. It was due to the sacrifices of a lot of social reformers, education that lessened the influence of this.

Only backward looking societies will hold onto this system.

You should put the Brahmin in category of dalits for few years and let them have the taste of their own medicine

No, they are so called upper caste people (You can easily detect them as they are pro modi, opposes caste in public but support modi for casteism, they are curse on India, always supported bjp in every election)
Bhai zakir which caste they put you in ? :D

You should put the Brahmin in category of dalits for few years and let them have the taste of their own medicine

Actually some clever brahmins did this to defraud the system. Being a Dalit in India, the government gives you certain affirmative action concessions, like reserved seats in colleges.

So increasingly you have this phenomenon of upper castes claiming to be Dalits in the Census. They can't even keep their fingers off that pie.

@Raja.Pakistani You must remember that at least in kerala, the caste discrimination breathed it's last few gasps because not only of leftists, but Hindu religious reformers like Sree Narayana Guru who came from the lower castes and upper caste social reformers.

As @Chola warrior also have said, in Tamil Nadu, a whole era of rationalism and self respect marriages often between castes also led to less casteism.

Actually some clever brahmins did this to defraud the system. Being a Dalit in India, the government gives you certain affirmative action concessions, like reserved seats in colleges.

So increasingly you have this phenomenon of upper castes claiming to be Dalits in the Census. They can't even keep their fingers off that pie.
I think there should not be reservation for any caste or minority because it suggest there is discrimination and inequality .

there are very few instances of such wrongdoing, and its very difficult to keep it secret.. somebody from your village will see and defnitely complain one day.

I think there should not be reservation for any caste or minority because it suggest there is discrimination and inequality .

This is unlikely to be taken off, because the lower castes have electoral clout in India. And some politicians ride on this gravy train.

It's like this, in Urban India, you have such diversity of Languages, ethnicities and religion, no body bothers about caste.

In rural areas, it's another matter all together.

there are very few instances of such wrongdoing, and its very difficult to keep it secret.. somebody from your village will see and defnitely complain one day.

true enough I guess :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom