What's new

Capt Sher Khan's body after Shahadat

What I am going to write could be unpopular with Pakistani forummers. But hear me out first.

While we also appreciate Captain Khan's bravery, there are a few random and misleading statements in your link.

The enemy was forced to cite to Government of Pakistan to award him with the highest award of gallantry.

What does it mean 'forced'? It was an act of great graciousness by IA, and it is unfortunate that some Pakistani sources, instead of reciprocating that graciousness, seem to indulge in macho posturing.

One Indian soldier ordered Sher Khan to surrender as he was surrounded. Sher refused and replied that it is against a muslim's honor to surrender, he instantly fired on that soldier and destined him to hell, then he started firing on rest of the soldiers but he attained Shahadat getting hit by several bullets from all sides.

Um, first of all how does anyone in Pakistan know this for a fact, and second if this story is true, it is the IA soldier who comes out with greater credit and third, to send a man who asks you to surrender 'to hell', well what do I say.

Accounts like these do not actually do credit to Captain Khan's bravery.

2 IAF migs and a helicopter were shot down during the Kargil conflict using MANPADs.

That sounds about right from what I read.

2 IAF migs and a helicopter were shot down during the Kargil conflict using MANPADs.
Can't you comprehend post no 5 ???
I know that hence I mentioned after 2000 ie onwards from 1st january 2001 .Kargil war broke out and finished in 1999 itself .

His valour was deeply appreciated and recognized by IA and I believe that it was an IA account that formed the basis for his Nishan-e-Haider. He was a very brave soldier and a credit to PA.

That is correct. The Indian battalion commander, a Lt Col (forgot his name) personally wrote to his opposing counterpart praising the courage and valour of Shaheed Capt Sher Khan. That letter formed the basis for the Nishan e Haider.

What I am going to write could be unpopular with Pakistani forummers. But hear me out first.

While we also appreciate Captain Khan's bravery, there are a few random and misleading statements in your link.

What does it mean 'forced'? It was an act of great graciousness by IA, and it is unfortunate that some Pakistani sources, instead of reciprocating that graciousness, seem to indulge in macho posturing.

Um, first of all how does anyone in Pakistan know this for a fact, and second if this story is true, it is the IA soldier who comes out with greater credit and third, to send a man who asks you to surrender 'to hell', well what do I say.

Accounts like these do not actually do credit to Captain Khan's bravery.

That sounds about right from what I read.

LOL thats what u think, but truth hurts......:rofl:

capt. sher khan was not given any gallantry award by pakistan at the end of the war, but after Indian Army's request they recognized him and given him gallantry award.

here is his father's interview...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEF4FjSFGwM

We dont recognize indian media as a source. In waziristan no int. journalist is allowed and specially enemies.

BTW the way the end line of this video is the same we r evil n yr just cute little angels.

Gen Mushrraf is responsible 4000 pakistani soldier died in kargil. He shold be brought to court

LOL total number of Mujahideen was 3,500 who took part from Pak.

Now buzz off kid.

From what I read , 1 IAF mig and 1 helicopter were shot down while 1 mig was losed due to engine failure.

Yeah u mean yr engineers r so in competent that they will give an OK to an a/c whose engine was vulnerable to a offensive mission inside enemy airspace??

R u people so incompetent??

Actual answer is nobody is this crazy they were downed by our Anza man Pad SAMs.
yr grapes r just sour.

Back
Top Bottom