What's new

Capabilities of PAF Dassault MIRAGE-III/V.

Should Pakistan upgrade its Mirages to South African Cheetah standard if not Beyond?

• Yes

Votes: 180 58.8%
  • No

Votes: 126 41.2%

• Total voters
Mirage-IIIEA with A-A refuling probe.

1098054_605301276181920_1323030837_n.jpg

who was the 1st pakistani pilot who refuel in the air on mirage III

GREAT WAR PLANE in its prime between 1970-1990

Great service for PAF and tremendous JOB by PAF to BREATH LIFE into a fighter type phased out and deemed obselete even by the likes of LIBYA AUSTRILIA 15 years ago.

They stril look dam sexy even 45 years later.

Would be good IF PAF could keep a couple of speacilists sqds well into this decade

will be a very SAD DAY when the mirage finishes SERVICE IN PAF for ever...

Rumors have it, that our Mirages from No.27 Tactical Strike squadron "Zarrars" surpass Block 15s when it comes to strike capability. And that's pretty much possible considering PAF's long standing commitment with the ROSE programme. Miss the canards though.

It is also operational with JF-17. I witnessed it at IDEAS'12.

Me too but it was dummy and the fact is that integration process is yet to be completed. Even the Mectron - Brazil reported that MAR-1 is operational with PAF Mirage fleet but not with the JF-17, it is in being integrated, six months back or so.

It is also operational with JF-17. I witnessed it at IDEAS'12.

It was training round. Live rounds will be delivered next year. Integration process is still on going in Brazil

It was training round. Live rounds will be delivered next year. Integration process is still on going in Brazil

A little correction, not a training round but a DUMMY missile just for display and i don't think that Pakistan cannot integrate MAR-1 on JF-17 at home. When mirage can be integrated here then why not Thunder ?

A little correction, not a training round but a DUMMY missile just for display and i don't think that Pakistan cannot integrate MAR-1 on JF-17 at home. When mirage can be integrated here then why not Thunder ?

As per Janes, Training rounds were delivered in 2012 and PAF is reluctant to integrate MAR-1 on JF-17

What causes the initial confusion regarding MAR-1 is Janes article in 2011 where JF-17 deputy project director claimed MAR-1 is integrated on to JF-17 in house. We all thought MAR-1 delivered to PAF. But as per Janes article it was training rounds and according to Mecatron official, PAF pushing integration on mirages rather than on JF-17.

Rumors have it, that our Mirages from No.27 Tactical Strike squadron "Zarrars" surpass Block 15s when it comes to strike capability. And that's pretty much possible considering PAF's long standing commitment with the ROSE programme. Miss the canards though.

Not surprising if these are the ROSE upgraded platforms. However they will not be able to match the MLUed F16s. On a side note Taiwan is upgrading its Bl15s with the engine of the Bl52s as well as all the goodies. I wonder given that it is an 8 billion $ project what advantage do they really get over our own MLued platforms.
Araz

As per Janes, Training rounds were delivered in 2012 and PAF is reluctant to integrate MAR-1 on JF-17

What causes the initial confusion regarding MAR-1 is Janes article in 2011 where JF-17 deputy project director claimed MAR-1 is integrated on to JF-17 in house. We all thought MAR-1 delivered to PAF. But as per Janes article it was training rounds and according to Mecatron official, PAF pushing integration on mirages rather than on JF-17.

I was talking about the missile shown at IDEAS'12 was a DUMMY rather than a Training round.
are-you-kidding-me-meme-face.gif

Back
Top Bottom