What's new

Capabilities of PAF Dassault MIRAGE-III/V.

Should Pakistan upgrade its Mirages to South African Cheetah standard if not Beyond?

• Yes

Votes: 180 58.8%
  • No

Votes: 126 41.2%

• Total voters
This statement alone shows you don't know jack about aviation!:D

J/k.

You have no idea how much pilots 'adore' their aircraft by the looks.

There much that I don't know jack about Sir, so that is why I am still learning as a student.

Yes, pilot's affections for their aircraft are well known, but those emotions have no role to play in determining service life of aircraft. Need and money make the decisions.

There much that I don't know jack about Sir, so that is why I am still learning as a student.

Yes, pilot's affections for their aircraft are well known, but those emotions have no role to play in determining service life of aircraft. Need and money make the decisions.

have you lent your account to someone? you used to talk sense
now it seems Yousaf Raza Gillani is trying to discuss the philosophy of making Lassi

have you lent your account to someone? you used to talk sense
now it seems Yousaf Raza Gillani is trying to discuss the philosophy of making Lassi

What part of my post does not meet your standards Sir?

Service life of aircraft is always decided by the need that is fulfilled, and at what cost. Affections of the pilot for their aircraft and esthetics in the eyes of those who are fans have nothing to do with the decision to keep a type in service.

I would have been offended at the comparison to Mr. Gilani, but I do not know just how good is the lassi that he makes. Perhaps you do and it is a secret compliment?

Mirage being modified with some rare under fuselage Hard points as well:

736381_193859770759055_540992701_o.jpg

Can you explain it and does anyone share some more pictures too.

attachment.php

Whats the big deal about the under fuselage hardpoint?- it already existed.

PAF_acquired_twelve.jpg

Got any details on the avionics package running on these? The French radars aren't earth shattering, I mean they are good but not unique but you have to love the MDPU and SPECTRA. Specially liked the Mirage-2000s they kitted out for the UAE with the IMEWS.

Got any details on the avionics package running on these? The French radars aren't earth shattering, I mean they are good but not unique but you have to love the MDPU and SPECTRA. Specially liked the Mirage-2000s they kitted out for the UAE with the IMEWS.

Plenty of details are available in "PAF Mirage III/V capabilities" thread

If Egypt in the 80s has decided to move towards Mirage-2000 like license production or joining the program then it will be great for PAF to get their 80 Mirage-Vs:

EgyptMirage5E2side.jpg

m5sde_02.jpg

I am sure that this would have been worked as a booster for PAF.

I also have a question why didn't PAF reached out Libya in the first place for Mirage and why a decade late???

Back
Top Bottom