Cancelled by Pakistan : Sale of 27 ASW Helicopter for Pakistan Navy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never even knew 27 were ordered
No one knew but this guy is claiming it

Now Pakistan will consider Chinese and US platform

1. Z-20F (China)
2. Lockheed-Martin Sikorsky S-70B Sea Hawk

Regardless if true or false, what's the urgency with these so called "sources" or "people in the know" in divulging such info, not like it will benefit Pakistan by disclosing this earlier than when the MoD or ISPR would disclose it?

Curious - how do you know? Were you involved in the procurement planning?
I am not an official ..

(that's why i wrote Might be)

Reasons
1. 27 Choppers with 1.5 value are a big thing for PN (where requirements of old replacement and for new frigate helicopter don't exceed 10-15)
2. We have far better defence related relations with Italian than French (so if we go with EU countries than we might go with Augusta Westland, rather than Airbus)
3. France is the only country who vetoed each and every our UNSC resolution and they rejected our many requests in past (like JFT avionics, targeting pod etc) because of their love for Indians , why they would be involved for such a big sale

I didn't knew something was happening on this front. But with most of the case such news are kept under wraps. Credibility of this news I don't know but I doubt it. What's the source of such claims other than tweets.

This is what the tweet means, i don't understand members are arguing if and when we placed an order for the heli's

A tender was floated and proposal were requested from different companies, 3 were short listed which included airbus, but now airbus has been eliminated and only 2 companies are left to compete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom