What's new

Can you swim?

Can you swim?

• Total voters
Sure, but then that's exactly what we were trained to respond to. People in distress wearing heavy, water-logged clothing. Not to mention in the frigged waters of the North and Barents Seas were temps in the negatives weren't uncommon.

Sea%20King%20%C3%B8velse%2C%20Nils%20P.%20Skipnes%20(5).t55eb185c.m1600.x81ae9a8c.jpg

Hi,

Believe it or not many Pakistanis from middle-upper class have no idea on how to swim. People like @Armstrong would drown in the water. Especially because he is a Butt, but that is a different topic. Most Pakistanis that know how to swim, are very good swimmers, but are from lower-middle class downwards. Just something to enlighten you with.

Last edited:
Sure, but then that's exactly what we were trained to respond to. People in distress wearing heavy, water-logged clothing. Not to mention in the frigged waters of the North and Barents Seas were temps in the negatives weren't uncommon.

Sea%20King%20%C3%B8velse%2C%20Nils%20P.%20Skipnes%20(5).t55eb185c.m1600.x81ae9a8c.jpg
Tough indeed will require a lot of practice & strength,I have seen ppl wearing wet suit to keep up temperature but wearing a helmet is something very tough. It will be very hard to keep your head out of the water wearing a helmet and with the gear attached to the body will make it tough to swim with natural rhythm.

You did it in a pool? That's bad mate. You got to do it in the Ocean, either swim or die amigo.
Pool or ocean didn't matter, as a kid I would blackout randomly waking up on the floor. Knowing that my dad still tried that method to get me to swim. The blackouts eventually stopped but I didn't get over my fear of water until I was 18. Now I love the water and swimming.

Pool or ocean didn't matter, as a kid I would blackout randomly waking up on the floor. Knowing that my dad still tried that method to get me to swim. The blackouts eventually stopped but I didn't get over my fear of water until I was 18. Now I love the water and swimming.

Blackouts? Seem kinda extreme? Did you experience any kind of Trauma in water?

I am extremely accomplished swimmer. I began to swim at age 5 with mandatory swimming lessons once week as part of the school syllabus. By age 6 I knew how to swim and then every year I took tests with certificates. By age 10 I had passed the highest level certificate the schooling system offered which involved saving a 'victim' from middle of pool by grabbing him with one arm and swimming backwards by using sidestroke. Another test involved swimming underneath through three loops spaced out picking up pennies from the floor of the pool.

I have swam in Lake District, Irish Sea, Atlantic Ocean on Galway coast of Eire and North Sea where I swear I saw @Fenrir in a Viking boat and petrified I swam back, ran across the beach into the car. And safety of home far away from the coast !

cant swim.. tried to learn in my village pond when i was a kid, nearly got drowned... then made a few half-hearted attempt to learn in pool...

I was one of the finest swimmers in my year and I still enjoy swimming.

Ni. never ever tried. mainly because i don't go out. i don't do sports, i believe they're a waste of time.:rolleyes:

from my area:
NEEL%2BWAHAN%2B%25286%2529-775916.jpg

313.jpg

12762363695_d1a0de3b88_b.jpg

Yes, but I don't have the chance nor the time to swim regularly. Once a year or so, when presented with the opportunity it's good to know that I haven't yet forgot how to swim and subsequently will not drown on that particular occasion.

that I haven't yet forgot how to swim and subsequently will not drown on that particular occasion.
That my dear is under estimating the danger. Though just like cycling you wont forget swimming but water is such a monster that it will suck in when you least expect it. You may be mentally strong but body should have strength to obey the mind. Nature will always throw some thing strange when you least expect. Remember still water runs deep.

That my dear is under estimating the danger. Though just like cycling you wont forget swimming but water is such a monster that it will suck in when you least expect it. You may be mentally strong but body should have strength to obey the mind. Nature will always throw some thing strange when you least expect. Remember still water runs deep.

Aye, you're right, I'm not reckless, my point was that I have to keep remembering that I can still swim, just not enough time to do it regularly.

In pool yes can swim ocean but it's always risky,my advice don't swim in ocean. Rivers also good but not like huge one I lost one of my friend in a lake:sad: in short Doobte wohi hain Jinhen Terna ata hai" So be careful.

I cant , and i feel bad about it. I want to now.
Being 32 years old i wonder if its okay to learn to swim now.

Back
Top Bottom