What's new

Calling All PDF Bangladesh Members - Mod Situation

jaibi

SENIOR MODERATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
It appears that there has been a spike in the BD section of abuse and trolling. That's not acceptable anywhere but it seems that this section has been hit harder than usual. Can everyone who browses the BD section the most, especially our Bangladeshi PDF members kindly tag me in any thread or post that falls off the rails here along with reporting it?

This is so it's high on the priority! We're revamping the Mod System here but naturally it takes some time until then, please, adopt this approach and I've been reviewing the thread here remarking the problem. We'll sort it out soon, IA.

Thank you for the patience!

Make somebody dedicated Mod for BD section.

Avicenna gets my vote. lol

Thanks bud but I wouldn't do justice to that task!

On a more broad note....I think it's essential to reconcile the feelings between Pakistanis and Bangladeshis given the current scenario in the world.

And PDF does serve a function as its a highly visible platform.

Yes please. BD section needs their own mod.
Having lost family members by the hands of Bengali mukti bahini, and then watching the effects of the loss on the rest of the family members for the next 20 years until they all died, makes me not like Bengalis and I cannot hold my bad sentiments about them.

Having a dedicated BD moderator will save the section from people like me :D

Last edited:
It appears that there has been a spike in the BD section of abuse and trolling. That's not acceptable anywhere but it seems that this section has been hit harder than usual. Can everyone who browses the BD section the most, especially our Bangladeshi PDF members kindly tag me in any thread or post that falls off the rails here along with reporting it?

This is so it's high on the priority! We're revamping the Mod System here but naturally it takes some time until then, please, adopt this approach and I've been reviewing the thread here remarking the problem. We'll sort it out soon, IA.

Thanks brother - I always report posts to the mods when they have the potential to start troll fests. But I will report them to you from now on.

I agree completely that trolling and verbal mudslinging detracts from the quality and number of posts as sane posters stay away from calmly debating issues and topics.

To be honest BD section is notorious for this, and some trolls with foreign flags (often acting in cahoots together) derive great pleasure from triggering Bangladeshis by disrespecting their national institutions. The insults get returned and its a slugfest from there.

@Avicenna bhai gets my vote as well for Mod.

If I am allowed to propose a Bangladeshi Mod name ( as @jaibi said in another thread) I propose 2 names , and they are @Avicenna and @UKBengali . The guys are cool headed and mature men and old members and very much tolerant in nature IMHO . They both are living in tolerant society. I think either of them will be good mod for this section .

Thanks and regards

@jaibi , @Slav Defence

Last edited:
The ultimate say would be with @WebMaster but please ask them of their time commitment because they may be mature but if it'd be hard on their schedule then it'd be hard for them.
If I am allowed to propose a Bangladeshi Mod name ( as @jaibi said in another thread) I propose 2 names , and they are @Avicenna and @UKBengali . The guys are cool headed and mature men and old members and very much tolerant in nature IMHO . They both are living in tolerant society. I think either of them will be good mod for this section .

Thanks and regards

@jaibi , @Slav Defence

Thank you, brother.
I am not Bangladeshi, but I will be on the lookout.

My grandfather had a life long handicap and spent some time as POW before escaping and rejoining the fight to save the country. However, he'd taught us never to hate anyone because war is terrible and brings out the terrible in people. It takes a true man to be a gentleman warrior; be lethal with your military prowess and professionalism but a gentleman otherwise. I am truly sorry for everything that happened to your family and nothing can make up for it. As someone who saw his grandfather suffer from that same event; I can relate. Nothing we can do would undo what's done. However, that gives no one any excuse to cross the line and BD's staff often comes to their Pak's counterparts for training. Therefore, brother, please let go of the hatred you hold in your heart because it won't do anyone any good especially not yourself. I know it's hard but it's tremendous struggles like these that allow us to grow.

My deepest regards.
Yes please. BD section needs their own mod.
Having lost family members by the hands of Bengali mukti bahini, and then watching the effects of the loss on the rest of the family members for the next 20 years until they all died, makes me not like Bengalis and I cannot hold my bad sentiments about them.

Having a dedicated BD moderator will save the section from people like me :D

IMHO brother @Avicenna , You will do the justice . So if you can manage some time , consider this appeal .

Also @UKBengali waiting for your response . We need either of you as mod . TBH ,yes one of you (@UKBengali) sometimes losing patients but I clearly see the reason and the reason is 24/7 trolling by pathetic trolls .

I believe both of you are eligible for moderation , so forum host can choose one of you , but they need your consent.
The ultimate say would be with @WebMaster but please ask them of their time commitment because they may be mature but if it'd be hard on their schedule then it'd be hard for them.

Last edited:
I haven't talked to the WebMaster particularly but I'm confident he'd be willing to do all he can in order to help the BD section here. This time, we'd provide training and rotations so a flexible time schedule won't be a problem.

It's up to the guys, I haven't been in the BD section and haven't had much interaction.
IMHO brother @Avicenna , You will do the justice . So if you can manage some time , consider this appeal .

Also @UKBengali waiting for your response . We need either of you as mod . TBH ,yes one of You (@UKBengali) sometimes losing patients but I clearly see the reason and the reason is 24/7 trolling by pathetic trolls .

I believe both of you are eligible for moderation , so forum host can choose one of you , but they need your consent.

Also @UKBengali waiting for your response . We need either of you as mod . TBH ,yes one of You (@UKBengali) sometimes losing patients but I clearly see the reason and the reason is 24/7 trolling by pathetic trolls .

Nah I am not suitable person as I like to have a bit of "fun" from time to time but thanks for mentioning my name.

BD section definitely needs a moderator as there are too many trolls coming in to ruin threads too often, and so maybe those that want to do it can put their names in and then admin team can choose with the help of BD posters?

I agree with you, brother. PDF could do wonders by allowing us to talk. This time is imperative for people, not governments necessarily, to band together.

On a more broad note....I think it's essential to reconcile the feelings between Pakistanis and Bangladeshis given the current scenario in the world.

And PDF does serve a function as its a highly visible platform.

Nah I am not suitable person as I like to have a bit of "fun" from time to time but thanks for mentioning my name.

BD section definitely needs a moderator as there are too many trolls coming in to ruin threads too often, and so maybe those that want to do it can put their names in and then admin team can choose with the help of BD posters?
You are welcome bro , but I still request you to re think @UKBengali .

@Avicenna should take the responsibility if he can manage time ( I think he can as it's not necessary to give 24 hours ) , so @Avicenna please consider this proposal brother . You want brotherly relationship between Bangladesh and Pakistan , so please consider taking this responsibility . You know we really need our own mod who can keep this sub forum clean . many people are losing interest here only because they feel disgust of the endless trolling and abuse against our nation. I am not insisting , it's just a special humble request, as we rely on your solid judgment and responsibility ( you see other members also want you as mod ) .

Thanks and regards.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom