What's new

C-130J crashes in Gwalior

If Me not Wrong C130J cost west of 200 Million , Hope these machines are insured.

They're unlikely to be insured for this- it was lost during a highly risky training manoeuvre.

Most of the time the company replaces it without much cost, if they see a potential increase in sale in the future. So I don't think there would be much of problem in getting a new one, considering LM is planning on expanding its sales to Indian Defense market.

Most of the time the company replaces it without much cost, if they see a potential increase in sale in the future. So I don't think there would be much of problem in getting a new one, considering LM is planning on expanding its sales to Indian Defense market.
There is no doubt the IAF will be replacing this bird- likely with a 7th airframe in the follow-on order. I don't know how likely it is LM would provide a discount for this replacement airframe, will have to wait and see.

Training part?
This is what the eye-witnesses said and what a former IN Harrier pilot said on another forum from looking and analysing the debris at the crash site, look at the first few pages again my friend- such info is there.

This is what the eye-witnesses said and what a former IN Harrier pilot said on another forum from looking and analysing the debris at the crash site, look at the first few pages again my friend- such info is there.
Assumptions n heresay?

Assumptions n heresay?
No official word from the IAF but reasoned assumptions can be made especially by professionals who have a knowledge on such things. It makes sense that this was a low-level insertion training mission considering the crash, where it happened and what these air lifters are for in the IAF i.e. designated Spec Ops.

I think @SpArK also mentioned this was a formation drop and there was another Herc flying with it.

Let's wait until the official report comes out anyway, until then it is all just speculation and he said she said.

Keep in mind this aircraft was equipped with the latest indigenous equipment!

No official word from the IAF but reasoned assumptions can be made especially by professionals who have a knowledge on such things. It makes sense that this was a low-level insertion training mission considering the crash, where it happened and what these air lifters are for in the IAF i.e. designated Spec Ops.

I think @SpArK also mentioned this was a formation drop and there was another Herc flying with it.

Let's wait until the official report comes out anyway, until then it is all just speculation and he said she said.

Only rumours etc?in short pilot messed up?

Only rumours etc?in short pilot messed up?
It's possible it could be pilot error or some technical error or something else- who knows? It is quite pointless to definitively come to one conclusion at this time IMHO. Everyone should just hold off until the official report comes out.....

The Rajya Sabha was informed that over the past 40 years, India had lost more than half of its MiG combat fleet of 872 aircraft. The minister disclosed that "482 MiG aircraft accidents took place till April 19, 2012".

Antony also revealed that these crashes led to the loss of precious lives of 171 pilots, 39 civilians and eight persons from other services. The minister went on to state that the cause of the accidents were "both human error and technical defects".

Half of Indian MiG's Crashed C-130 Joins the Club one of the safest Aircraft i mean SAFEST and not to forget MIG 27 29 and Helicopters Ships and Subs 3 drown in a month...

Admit it guys IAF pilots are poorly trained... RIP to the Crew...

Back
Top Bottom