What's new

C-130J crashes in Gwalior

wrong it was ground collision bro

September 10, 1998 - c/n 3781Suffered brake failure due to wheel well fire and hit c/n 3701 no senior was die in it

Five crewmen (2 pilots and 3 FEs) were killed and four more were injured when a Pakistan Air Force C-130 went out of control after brake fire and hit a parked C-130 at the PAF Chaklala base. Both the aircrafts were written off

opar walay nay chawal mari hey ... I was with my friend yesturday who is currently C130 Pilot. I've asked him what was happened with C130 in 98 and he said because of brakes failure C130 went out of control ... mistake done by pilot he stopped the engine in panic rather then reverse... THAT INCIDENT ON GROUND NOT ON AIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRR in dhaknoon ko samaj nahe ati har chez may ** comparison karna shuru hojatay hain

May the dead RIP, sounds like sabotage, first IN now IAF

That was the reason why I hinted at munitions on board. Electrical short-circuit in the wing tanks is next to impossible on modern planes unless sabotage or incompetent servicing are involved.

Well, even munitions don't just explode unless there is a fire. I hope no one was smoking on board???

Meh. Why are C-130Js operated by NATO countries (Norway & UK) crashing then?

(In UK, 2007 and Norway, 2012...now in India, 2014)

The Norwegian C-130J flew, in heavy fog, at the recommended altitude, into the side of Kebnekajse, the highest mountain in Sweden. According to the investigation, it was caused by a multitude of human and organisational errors by the Norwegian Air Force and Swedish Flight Control, resulting in miscommunication. Not related to the aircraft.

If you don't know what you're talking about refrain from commenting. The IAF has actually got a very sound safety record comparable to most professional AFs in the world. A couple of years back it recorded its safest ever year and if you took out the MiGs the flight safety record of the IAF would be stellar.

The IAF has one of the worst safety records of all the operating AFs worldwide. (Source: IDSA)

Even if one is to exclude the Migs, or specifically the infamous flying coffin Mig21, I don't see any 'stellar' adjective associated with the IAF when it comes to safety records.

You're perhaps referring to the year 2012-13 which was recorded as the safest ever year, but you forgot to add, 'per flight hours'. (Defence minister praises IAF as aircraft crashes fall to record low | Mail Online

But here's the amusing part, read it in an article published in the year 2012, our 'honest' MoD commended the IAF for safety records, when we lost 33 fighters/helos in a period of 3 years. (Crashes continue to plague Indian air force - 3/20/2012 - Flight Global

Hell, even last year: List of previous IAF accidents | Business Standard

Its not rocket science to acknowledge something's wrong, either the substandard HAL overhaul or the pilot training layer gaps, existing due to a complete lack of Intermediate stage training aircrafts. (Or is it basic, don't really remember)

Before someone jumps and says the HAL has absolutely nothing to do with C130, my opinion is not based on this specific incident, which may well be a technical failure or a one freak accident. Tragic that we lost our boys, RIP.

PS. It'd be appreciated if our neighbours too extend their goodwill, instead of scoring PAF points over IAF. As Abingdonboy pointed out, the incident occured during peace time, not war.

Last edited:
There is also a chance that the onboard fire may have been a result of faulty components/anomaly-detection systems too...

The Senate Armed Services Committee found counterfeit parts -- usually from China -- on at least seven aircraft, including the Lockheed Martin Corp. (LMT) C-130J transport plane, Boeing P-8A Poseidon maritime patrol and L-3 27J Spartan transport.

Chinese counterfeit parts in US military aircraft | bloomberg.com

In addition to the usual investigations into cause of crash, I feel we should also conduct a thorough check for counterfeit components in both C-130J and P-8I as well.

Lockheed Martin Statement On Today's C-130J Crash

“We are saddened to hear the news of the C-130J accident in India today and our thoughts and prayers are with the crew and their families at this time. We are ready to provide assistance as requested by the Indian Air Air Force.”

1956664_553689591395037_149804567_o.jpg
10150816_553690128061650_1971577683_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom