What's new

“Buying US lies on Xinjiang may hurt Bangladeshi RMG industry”, Chinese Ambassador says

Black_cats

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score

“Buying US lies on Xinjiang may hurt Bangladeshi RMG industry”, Chinese Ambassador says​

Star Digital Report
Wed Jul 6, 2022 01:34 PM Last update on: Wed Jul 6, 2022 01:39 PM
Screengrab from the video

Chinese Ambassador to Bangladesh Li Jiming has claimed that Washington is spreading "lies" about "forced labour" in China's Xinjian, and warned that if Bangladesh is not cautious enough, the "lies" may hurt the Bangladeshi RMG industry.

He said this in a video post, titled "#AMinuteWithAmbassador", on the Chinese Embassy's verified Facebook page last night.

Below is the Chinese Ambassador's statement:
"It has come to my attention that a certain RMG industry association in Bangladesh recently alerted its members to the risks associated with cotton from China, due to USA's allegation of 'forced labour in Xinjiang'. I also noticed that the alert was issued following a meeting between the association and two representatives from 'Indo-Pacific Opportunity Project' affiliated to some US Agency.

The so-called 'forced labour in Xinjiang' is entirely a lie. But why do they lie? It is now circulated on the internet that two US diplomats previously posted in Guangzhou reportedly confessed in 2021, and I quote, 'Nothing is wrong about Xinjiang, but to attack their human right policies is an effective means to make Xinjiang break away from international industrial chain, and to make Uyghurs unhappy, turbulent and then fight against the Chinese government.'

This disclosure echoes a statement made by a former high-rank US official in 2018. Please watch the video.

Obviously, Washington uses this lie about Xinjiang to smear and defame China, with the ultimate goal of containing China. The reason why I brought it up here today is that, if Bangladeshi people are not cautious enough, this lie may hurt Bangladeshi RMG industry as well."

যে যায় লঙ্কায় সেই হয় রাবন।

The Chinese are increasingly behaving like a superpower and a hegemon. They banned Australian exports, they punished Lithunia and they are issuing veiled threats to other countries what might happen if they don't tow their lines. They aren't going unchecked like the American's use of sanctions but that's because they want to maintain a low profile. But the early signs are there. They will be exactly the same as the Americans when they have the power to do so. Their "allies" and "iron brothers" should take note and take wise decisions. We Bangladeshis should take note and maintain a balanced relationship with all world powers instead of jumping into one camp like morons. I am happy the BAL government is still managing to do that but far more difficult times are ahead to maintain the balance. The US is giving veiled threats of regime change, the Chinese are also giving veiled threats.

আমরা ফাইস্যা গেসি মাইনকা চিপায়। We find ourselves in between a rock and a hard place.

The Chinese are increasingly behaving like a superpower and a hegemon. They banned Australian exports, they punished Lithunia and they are issuing veiled threats to other countries what might happen if they don't tow their lines. They aren't going unchecked like the American's use of sanctions but that's because they want to maintain a low profile. But the early signs are there. They will be exactly the same as the Americans when they have the power to do so. Their "allies" and "iron brothers" should take note and take wise decisions. We Bangladeshis should take note and maintain a balanced relationship with all world powers instead of jumping into one camp like morons. I am happy the BAL government is still managing to do that but far more difficult times are ahead to maintain the balance. The US is giving veiled threats of regime change, the Chinese are also giving veiled threats.

আমরা ফাইস্যা গেসি মাইনকা চিপায়। We find ourselves in between a rock and a hard place.
My question is: why should China punish Australia and Lithuania??

There are 190 + countries in the world. Why does China only punish Australia and Lithuania? What did they do?

Say if you are a nice guy and try to befriend with everyone. You have built a nice house as you have been working really hard. Some guys become jealous about your house and throw stones at it. what would you do? Would you continue being nice with them?

My question is: why should China punish Australia and Lithuania??

There are 190 + countries in the world. Why does China only punish Australia and Lithuania? What did they do?

I know what they did and I am not against it. But that's not the point. The point is using power to achieve an outcome and it's not different from what the US does. For us whether the US or China or someone else does it, it doesn't matter. It's the same thing.

Last edited:

“Buying US lies on Xinjiang may hurt Bangladeshi RMG industry”, Chinese Ambassador says​

Star Digital Report
Wed Jul 6, 2022 01:34 PM Last update on: Wed Jul 6, 2022 01:39 PM

Chinese Ambassador to Bangladesh Li Jiming has claimed that Washington is spreading "lies" about "forced labour" in China's Xinjian, and warned that if Bangladesh is not cautious enough, the "lies" may hurt the Bangladeshi RMG industry.

He said this in a video post, titled "#AMinuteWithAmbassador", on the Chinese Embassy's verified Facebook page last night.

Below is the Chinese Ambassador's statement:
"It has come to my attention that a certain RMG industry association in Bangladesh recently alerted its members to the risks associated with cotton from China, due to USA's allegation of 'forced labour in Xinjiang'. I also noticed that the alert was issued following a meeting between the association and two representatives from 'Indo-Pacific Opportunity Project' affiliated to some US Agency.

The so-called 'forced labour in Xinjiang' is entirely a lie. But why do they lie? It is now circulated on the internet that two US diplomats previously posted in Guangzhou reportedly confessed in 2021, and I quote, 'Nothing is wrong about Xinjiang, but to attack their human right policies is an effective means to make Xinjiang break away from international industrial chain, and to make Uyghurs unhappy, turbulent and then fight against the Chinese government.'

This disclosure echoes a statement made by a former high-rank US official in 2018. Please watch the video.

Obviously, Washington uses this lie about Xinjiang to smear and defame China, with the ultimate goal of containing China. The reason why I brought it up here today is that, if Bangladeshi people are not cautious enough, this lie may hurt Bangladeshi RMG industry as well."

It’s a direct threat and we better heed it.

Just like Hasina ignored Modi’s genocidal acts - she also has to ignore China’s genocides.

We are a small poor country - our geopolitics needs to reflect that.

At 2300 GDP capita - you cannot go round lecturing people on human rights.

I know what they did and I am not against it. But that's not the point. The point is using power to achieve an outcome and it's not different from what the US does. For US whether US or China or someone else does it, it doesn't matter. It's the same thing.
We all know. australia has been frantically killing Afghan children. And Lithuania tried to become European leaders and dominate European affairs.

Everyone should be responsible for his behavior. isn't it?

If China punishes Australia and Lithuania is wrong. ok. China can shoulder this responsibility alone.

But at the same time. I also hope that Australia and Lithuania or any country can bear their own mistakes. OK?

Don't complain. Don't cry. Don't regret it. Go on.

He's basically threatening you.
It’s a direct threat and we better heed it.

Just like Hasina ignored Modi’s genocidal acts - she also has to ignore China’s genocides.

We are a small poor country - our geopolitics needs to reflect that.

At 2300 GDP capita - you cannot go round lecturing people on human rights.
Just a kind reminder. Don't overreact.

I know what they did and I am not against it. But that's not the point. The point is using power to achieve an outcome and it's not different from what the US does. For US whether US or China or someone else does it, it doesn't matter. It's the same thing.
What good is power and wealth if you can't have your ways ? It matters little whether you are a capitalist or a communist with Chinese characteristics !

What good is power and wealth if you can't have your ways ? It matters little whether you are a capitalist or a communist with Chinese characteristics !
Agree, if Afghanistan has such national strength. I Believe. The whole world will agree that Afghan troops kill Australian children.

But the problem is that Australia's national strength does not allow it to kill Afghan children. UNSC will punish it. AIIB will expel it. RCEP will drive Australia out like a dog!

Who allows Australia to kill Afghan children? G2?or P5? even G7? Do you agree that Australia kills Afghan children???

Again, if Afghanistan has bombers and tactical hydrogen bombs. I believe the whole world agrees that they kill Australian children!!

China's commitment is not to interfere in each other's internal affairs. The Lithuanian govt stepped on the Taiwan issue, which is China's internal affairs. In that case, China has the right to interfere in Lithuania's internal affairs, that is secondary sanctions.

As for Australia, Australians have been discriminating against Chinese. We are certainly unwilling to trade with racists who discriminate against us.

China's commitment is not to interfere in each other's internal affairs. The Lithuanian govt stepped on the Taiwan issue, which is China's internal affairs. In that case, China has the right to interfere in Lithuania's internal affairs, that is secondary sanctions.

As for Australia, Australians have been discriminating against Chinese. We are certainly unwilling to trade with racists who discriminate against us.

How are we hurting any of China's interest? Below is the ambassador's statement. We have the right to believe in whatever we want, we have the right to determine for ourselves what's truth and what's lie.

Buying US lies on Xinjiang may hurt Bangladeshi RMG industry​

Agree, if Afghanistan has such national strength. I Believe. The whole world will agree that Afghan troops kill Australian children.

But the problem is that Australia's national strength does not allow it to kill Afghan children. UNSC will punish it. AIIB will expel it. RCEP will drive Australia out like a dog!

Who allows Australia to kill Afghan children? G2?or P5? even G7? Do you agree that Australia kills Afghan children???

Again, if Afghanistan has bombers and tactical hydrogen bombs. I believe the whole world agrees that they kill Australian children!!
Nonsense!
No country has the right to kill innocent children.!
That is the bottom line of human conscience, which has nothing to do with power and wealth.

Yeah but that's from the perspective of the powerful.

I am talking about our perspective. We must not join one side or the other and keep good relationship with all the powerful ones so we can jump ship if there is a need.

How are we hurting any of China's interest? Below is the ambassador's statement. We have the right to believe in whatever we want, we have the right to determine for ourselves what's truth and what's lie.

Buying US lies on Xinjiang may hurt Bangladeshi RMG industry​

I suggest that Bangladeshis complain to the Ministry of foreign affairs of China, and tell that stupid ambassador to get out of here.
The Cuban government once changed the Chinese ambassador to Cuba through complaints.
Of course, the premise is that this news is true, not made in India.

Back
Top Bottom