What's new

Bushra Afreen becomes first chief heat officer in Bangladesh

Role of a chief heat officer​

A chief heat officer is hired to address rising temperatures driven by climate change. Their purpose is to raise awareness of extreme heat risks to protect the most vulnerable citizens within their city. They plan and coordinate short and long-term responses to heat waves, as well as implementing long-term risk-reduction projects.

The recent emergence of chief heat officers worldwide is part of the Adrienne Arsht-Rockefeller Foundation Resilience Center and the Extreme Heat Resilience Alliance strategy to provide a billion people with climate resilience solutions by 2030.

What was the record high temperature?

Local architecture is of a high enough standard that they have incorporated green belts and even greenery into high rise designs. Take a look. I can vouch for this as I know culturally Bangladeshis (Bengalis in general) love to surround themselves with nature.

Render-NHA-02.jpg

Is that a carbon neutral building? What laws governing the the matter are in discussion?

What was the record high temperature?

I think it hit something like 43 degrees C. This is quite high for us.

Is that a carbon neutral building? What laws governing the the matter are in discussion?

Almost all local buildings (especially apparel factories are carbon neutral or close to it. That is an EU requirement in some ways.

Back
Top Bottom