What's new

Burka Avenger | Pakistan's Animated Female Superhero | Updates & Episodes.

@Redbull...

Desert religion?! I feel offended!!

Anyway, As far as covering goes...it was also and still is practiced by Hindus, Sikhs, Jews and some Roman Christians (when they pray)...

If it was a desert religion, I am not sure why SOME Hindus cover their head when they see their elders...Why the nuns cover their head....why some Jews put a shawl over their head when they pray?

If they do it WHEN THEY PRAY COZ they are in front of GOD...we are ALWAYS in front of GOD and our body is sacred and always in a state of "prayer" as Muslim is a verb meaning to do ISLAM....Islam means to submission, surrender, obedience and sincerity do all these for actions in peace to The only one GOD...

So I am not sure where you got this desert nonesense from?! :unsure:

I am sorry to say I do not agree with a half naked woman running a school ...now THAT would be disgusting! A teacher is a teacher not running a brothel!

So if a women is not fully covered with a burka, she must be naked?

Why do you have to think in extremeties?

Last edited by a moderator:
You mean desert culture, right? I don't think the religion needs any more promotion in Pakistan.

and why is that? if we have people promoting the wrong version of religion, should we not try to show the right side of the religion,.
As I said above and I repeat myself again, you leave it to people, if they want to wear it , their choice, they want to put on jeans and sleeveless & low neck shirts, its entirely their choice, who am I or you to stop them?
Rather than lashing them to wear Burqa is it not better to give them a simple & easy choice?

Tell me something, when you watch The Dark knight, you wana put on that mask, that suit, that bat mobile?
Or when you watch Spiderman, do you want to put on that mask & shoot spider web instead?

or there was a new TV series - Arrow, what happens when you watch it? do you like to shoot arrows at criminals than firing bullets?

Because that is all what SOME MEN want...Reveal some SKIN!!

I mean I SERIOUSLY dont know how that fever hit Asia when even in the West no matter how often they see women wearing really skimpy clothes, they still manage to respect FULL COVERED women...

Plus I said HALF NAKED....

Why did you think naked?!

oh bhai whether she wants to stay naked or wear burqa - why do you or I have a problem with it? we don't have problem when they wear skirt, trousers, jeans than whats with Burqa? ok , would it be ok if a women is walking down the road with balaclava?

oh bhai whether she wants to stay naked or wear burqa - why do you or I have a problem with it? we don't have problem when they wear skirt, trousers, jeans than whats with Burqa? ok , would it be ok if a women is walking down the road with balaclava?

Honestly speaking not very long back I used to see people walking with this mask on their face
10128502-young-woman-wearing-a-protective-face-mask.jpg

Nope that country wasnt even polluted.....

I think the secret service women of Iran are also dressed like this. Black Ninjas they look like. Cool, and strangely erotic.

you sick man! :)

they are a joke like their army and their stupid international relations that have brought them to a brink of economic disaster

iranian-ninjas04.jpg

after looking up Iranian Ninja warriors I understand what you mean..

Honestly speaking not very long back I used to see people walking with this mask on their face
10128502-young-woman-wearing-a-protective-face-mask.jpg

Nope that country wasnt even polluted.....
that would look wierd tbh, walking down the road wearing that....
BTW most of these people don't have issue with women covering their face but body - wearing burqa or a shawl to cover up the body, which is a little absurd

that would look wierd tbh, walking down the road wearing that....
BTW most of these people don't have issue with women covering their face but body - wearing burqa or a shawl to cover up the body, which is a little absurd

Ah of course the medieval mentality...where the woman body is the men's possession + obsession and should not deprive them of it...Hence the lack of understanding of keeping it covered...

Just a random example:

If we keep our valuables hiden and covered, are women not valuable enough to be kept covered?! When someone loves someone, they get jealous when other guys stare at their girl...But its fine to go staring at others' girls?! THIS MENTALITY needs to be stopped! You put your woman on the pedestal and then wonder why men stare, whistle and flirt......with YOUR WOMAN?!

Well that's pretty cool animations. But lets forget about it and talk about the damn burqa. They have a very good motive behind the cartoon. Well let's forget that as well. What about the damn burqa. Team behind the cartoon seems to be very creative. Oh just forget about it. Lets criticize the damn burqa. The Pakistan children might love this series. Just forget about it. Let's criticize burqa.

The true story of some Bharatis and a few wanna be liberal Pakistanis. :rolleyes:

Ah of course the medieval mentality...where the woman body is the men's possession + obsession and should not deprive them of it...Hence the lack of understanding of keeping it covered...

Just a random example:

If we keep our valuables hiden and covered, are women not valuable enough to be kept covered?! When someone loves someone, they get jealous when other guys stare at their girl...But its fine to go staring at others' girls?! THIS MENTALITY needs to be stopped! You put your woman on the pedestal and then wonder why men stare, whistle and flirt......with YOUR WOMAN?!

things are simple but it's the people who make it complex.

Just a random example:

that is absolutely correct.
however there are actually women out there who want to actually wear those clothes or actually dress like that. It is simply a matter of personal preference - some women like to put themselves as a showpiece and some would just keep everything under the wrap - just like their other valuables .
What I am saying is if women are given a choice of wearing jeans and those skirts by posting images in fashion magazines than whats is wrong in adding a little bit of fashion touch to the burqa? there isn't so these fake liberals will have problem with that as you mentioned above

Burka Avenger: Why criticise the effort just because of the burka?

Being an ardent appreciator of art, this was so depressing for me. Rarely on this side of the world do we come up with something local, something creative, something original, and when we do, all we can think of doing is criticising this success.

What’s so wrong with a burka anyway?

And if it’s okay to call a veiled girl “ninja” after superhero cartoons – why is it wrong to name a veil clad superhero Burka Avenger?

This superhero is inventing her own type of martial arts. She looks like a ninja and fights crime wearing a dress that helps her hide her identity and blend into the crowd simultaneously. The character itself, the ‘ordinary’ girl behind Burka Avenger, is not hijabi. Her superhero costume is just that – a “costume”.

I’m a feminist myself and I believe in giving all due rights to women. But I ask again, what has a burka got to do with freedom? How can this piece of attire restrict freedom?

Personally, I feel more free with more clothes on; I would feel suppressed if I’m forced into shedding a piece of cloth I’m comfortable in.

Burka Avenger: Why criticise the effort just because of the burka? – The Express Tribune Blog

hahaha well nothing wrong. i felt comfortable in best western as well eastern attire. Rather found more liberty to visit places in cover all one.

Hehehe.... & what`ll be jana`s punch line "my name is JANA.... JANA KHAN"...:laughcry:

that is absolutely correct.
however there are actually women out there who want to actually wear those clothes or actually dress like that. It is simply a matter of personal preference - some women like to put themselves as a showpiece and some would just keep everything under the wrap - just like their other valuables .
What I am saying is if women are given a choice of wearing jeans and those skirts by posting images in fashion magazines than whats is wrong in adding a little bit of fashion touch to the burqa? there isn't so these fake liberals will have problem with that as you mentioned above

burqa is not a problem ..face veil is.. generally speaking..

I dont know why people are arguing, its appropriate in this specific cartoon, as all superheros want to hide their face. face veil fits the bill and that big black cloth helps in flying I suppose.. :lol:
If anywhere this clothing is appropriate, surely its here..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom