What's new

Buddha Civilization in Swat Valley Pakistan

The prehistoric Indus Valley civilization is believed to have declined by around 1500BC, and Vedism appeared in its place, with the composition of the Vedas and related Vedic Sanskrit texts.[21] However, it is possible that Vedism was influenced by a substratum of Indus Valley civilization culture......

Actually, the people of this "prehistoric Indus Valley Civilization" also had a religion....which is indeed the VEDIC religion.
AND, HINDUISM is the name given to this very same VEDIC religion..........

You will understand this once you know that the ARYAN invasion of the Indian subcontinent and introduction of the VEDIC religion is a MYTH.....

Myth of The Aryan Invasion and the Harappan Civilization
Death of the Aryan Invasion Theory

Puranas are for the consumption of general Population. They are like Stories mixing Fiction and reality. Ex: Arabian Nights

Still I would not agree to the statement that there is absolutely no concept of heaven and hell in Hinduism.

What I can agree is , your faith plays no role in determining where you go...only your deeds do.

And a Buddhist would never agree that the founder of Buddhism was a Hindu... and so the foolish debate goes on...

:lol:

From my personal experience interacting with the Chinese and Japanese where Buddhism is quite prevalent, followers did tell me that Buddhism is a gift of Hinduism and that Lord Buddha was born a Hindu.

The beauty of Buddhism is that you can be a follower of both Hinduism and Buddhism.... it is not strictly a religion, rather a way of life which can coexist with your other beliefs.

And a Buddhist would never agree that the founder of Buddhism was a Hindu... and so the foolish debate goes on...

LOL.....how does fact change what a Buddhist agree or not..?

He was born a Hindu Kshatriya named Siddhartha to King Suddhodana, ruler of Kapilavastu.

Its amazing we can't even discuss the ancient ruins, and historical artifacts in Pakistan on this site without the Indians trying to claim everything in Pakistan for themselves and claiming we were all converts, so by that twisted logic everything including Pakistan belongs to them.

Some people remain stuck 800 years ago. At that time you were Hindu. Bhai but we converted, some of us came from Arabs. Islam is now a reality in this region too. No but you were a Hindu in the past. You were converted. So by that logic everything you have belongs to Hindus.

Actually, the people of this "prehistoric Indus Valley Civilization" also had a religion....which is indeed the VEDIC religion.
AND, HINDUISM is the name given given to this very same VEDIC religion..........

If you bothered to look at my post that was exactly what I was arguing. I was having to tell your smart friend Seethru the roots of his Hindu religion

The Indus Valley civilization was the first Nation which followed Hindu religion. You haven't even read the post.

I thought you actually knew something about Eastern History. You are just one of those many in ameture revisionist Historians of Pakistan.

I am going to give a last word:

Just like Greeks had a name India for this Part of the world, Arabs and Iranians had the name Hind, Chinese and East Asians named this land "Tianzhu" which means "Center of Heaven" (Spiritual connotation). That's precisely their Idea of Siddhartha aka Buddha.

Buddhism remained as the dominant force in the Indus Valley till the 4th Century AD when it was replaced by Hinduism. Buddhism remained a minor force in the region but in the coming years its influence would decline further and further.

How Budhism declined in the region. Reposted.

Its amazing we can't even discuss the ancient ruins, and historical artifacts in Pakistan on this site without the Indians trying to claim everything in Pakistan for themselves and claiming we were all converts, so by that twisted logic everything including Pakistan belongs to them.

Some people remain stuck 800 years ago. At that time you were Hindu. Bhai but we converted, some of us came from Arabs. Islam is now a reality in this region too. No but you were a Hindu in the past. You were converted. So by that logic everything you have belongs to Hindus.

Of course, It's more of our heritage than yours. At least three generations immigration happened in the recent Past of 5000 years in to India. All through what is today Pakistan. That last major immigration was of Arabs, Persians, Turko- Mongols (who happened to be Muslims at that time) as invading Armies within just about a period of 300 years. which is what is celebrated as heritage today in Pakistan.
Don't talk about Genetic Indians etc., lest the Pakistani members can take Light skinned people's Superiority theory to a whole new level.
so, of course It's India's heritage that's you are digging up today.

---------- Post added at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 PM ----------

so is india.

Republic of India, Union of India is a Political Entity.

We are referring to India as referred to by people all over the world from the past 3000 years Greeks, Persians, Romans, Chinese, Tibeto Burman people etc., they all had different words for the same Piece of Land. for Indians themselves it's Bhartavarsha.

Don't get confused.

Pakistan is 2000 years old.:woot:
Nah ,Im kidding.Pakistan is 60 years old.:rofl::rofl:

Okay Pakistan is 60 years old then India is too. India was never unified. Several nations vied to control it but it was never one country.

I will repeat what I said earlier. The Buddhists have the most right to claim what is left of the Gandhara civilization and of Butkara stupas. This discussion should have been about the stupas, Buddhist ruins and artifacts in Pakistan. It should have been about how to preserve them and possibly benefit from them (ie tourism and other related industry). It should also have been a place where we could point out things related to Buddhist culture and locations of Buddhist interest in Pakistan.

But its been highjacked by Indians who believe they OWN these artifacts, what we have inherited. Hate it or love it guys it's Pakistans responsibility to protect these artifacts as they lie within their territory now. India has no control here and this doesn't belong to India. I don't understand the twisted logic by which Indians claim it, similarities between Budhist and Hindu religion or not, these are ruins of the Buddhists and they can claim them as theirs.

Maybe them the Pakistanis because they're in their territory. But ultimately the Buddists can claim them in totality

Every time we have a thread like this indians have to come and mess it up with stuff no one cares about.

I hope mods take proper action and clean up this thread.

Republic of India, Union of India is a Political Entity.

We are referring to India as referred to by people all over the world from the past 3000 years Greeks, Persians, Romans, Chinese, Tibeto Burman people etc., they all had different words for the same Piece of Land. for Indians themselves it's Bhartavarsha.

Don't get confused.
i'm not confused, it is you and your peoples who r confused, they think india existed b4 1947, lolz b4 1947 there was british india, and b4 british there was no "india" but different empires, kingdoms, Nizams, Sultanates, etc, there was no india, but there was a Subcontinent that was later on named by the british as "indian" subcontinent, but b4 that there was no india.

Okay Pakistan is 60 years old then India is too. India was never unified. Several nations vied to control it but it was never one country.

I will repeat what I said earlier. The Buddhists have the most right to claim what is left of the Gandhara civilization and of Butkara stupas. This discussion should have been about the stupas, Buddhist ruins and artifacts in Pakistan. It should have been about how to preserve them and possibly benefit from them (ie tourism and other related industry). It should also have been a place where we could point out things related to Buddhist culture and locations of Buddhist interest in Pakistan.

But its been highjacked by Indians who believe they OWN these artifacts, what we have inherited. Hate it or love it guys it's Pakistans responsibility to protect these artifacts as they lie within their territory now. India has no control here and this doesn't belong to India. I don't understand the twisted logic by which Indians claim it, similarities between Budhist and Hindu religion or not, these are ruins of the Buddhists and they can claim them as theirs.

Maybe them the Pakistanis because they're in their territory.

Yes we are talking of India the civilization, not India the country. Is it so hard ?

Greater India was one great civilizational river, where though regions having different culture, food, religion, and art came in confluence and created a unique unparalleled civilization-

one not united by the man made bonds of culture, political unity or even religion, but by mutual acceptance, engagement, and respect.

Yea these are buddhist sites, and they should be developed and used by the buddhists as is being done in India and else where.
They should be protected, promoted and researched by Pakistani authorities.

PLEASE MODS REMOVE THESE TROLLS, they r ruining our thread about Pakistan's historical monuments and culture.

If you bothered to look at my post that was exactly what I was arguing. I was having to tell your smart friend Seethru the roots of his Hindu religion

The Indus Valley civilization was the first Nation which followed Hindu religion. You haven't even read the post.

You are un-help-able.

Indus valley people might have had "People of Kingdom(city state)Identity"(based on known facts until know), Up until recent years there's no "Hindu identity"

Hindu identity is Political construct naturally evolved by People of sub continent in the late medieval period

Dharmic Identity is the legacy of Ancient India NOT IVC.

identities are for Political purposes not historical study.

I know it's difficult to explain on a forum but what can i say, we have a very rich History which was written mostly by Europeans who lack nativity and sometimes objectivity. Only after 1900s more people started studying Indian History. So, there are many history memes in Indian History.

Back
Top Bottom