What's new

British-Pakistani lost generations

It's not all doom and gloom folks. Pakistani children are now one of the fastest improving groups when it comes to academic success.

GCSEs

British Pakistani students achieve below national GCSE pass rates. However, the British Pakistani GCSE pass rate has steadily increased since 1999, bridging the gap towards the UK national average, year by year. In addition, the British Pakistani GCSE pass rate fails to distinguish between the differences in achievement around the country, since Pakistani pupils have greater regional fluctuations than others.

This is a result of differences in material circumstances, social class and migration histories between the different communities of British Pakistanis.

Already in 2004, Pakistani pupils from London were achieving above the regional and UK national averages. 50.2% of Pakistani boys and 63.3% of Pakistani girls from London achieved five or more A*-C grades. Compared to the national averages of 46.8% and 57%, for boys and girls, respectively.

By 2008, 58.2% of British Pakistani students had passed 5 or more GCSE's, showing an improvement of almost 10%, between 2005 & 2008.

As of 2009, 13% of Pakistanis achieved an A grade in GCSE Maths and 9% did so in GCSE English.[62]

Source;

http://www.insted.co.uk/raising2005.pdf

33% of British Pakistani boys choose to continue their studies to the university level. This rate is the third highest rate in the country after Chinese and Indian boys and is higher than the rate for White British boys (23%), Black African boys (30%), Bangladeshi boys (29%), Black Caribbean boys (16%) and those falling into the other black category (20%).

Source;

As Black and Asian teenagers flock to university, WHITE working-class boys are shunning higher education | Mail Online

As an ethnic group we have the third highest rate of home ownership

National Statistics Online - Housing

But there are issues. Firstly the ghettoisation of Pakistani communities in the old Northern mill towns is a problem. Crime, poverty, lack of opportunity are all issues that blight every ethnic group, especially white working class people and blacks. Again this also translates across all the Pakistani ethnic groups and not just the Mirpuris.

The government has laid a big emphasis on the regeneration and development of the North West, to bring it on par with the South. The income inequality gap is massive and this just exacerbates the problems.

The community itself has to tackle the issue. This doesn't mean just leave it to the mosque, but people should be asking themselves what they are doing. It's all well and good complaining but when was the last time you gave some of your time in order to better your community? Even whilst I was working in the city I would devote my evenings to helping Pakistani children with things such as homework to the more complex social issues e.g. crime. This work paid off and these children[now young adults] lead productive lives.

Aside this various cultural customs, I'm sorry to say are badly damaging the Pakistani community. Customs such as forcing your children to marry from Pakistan, all in the name of family unity. This usually involves brining an uneducated man/woman who can't speak the language, finds it difficult to fit in, will be at the very bottom end of the employment ladder and are unable to help their children with basic homework tasks. Look at the Indian community. They marry their children off to other young Indians who are educated and hence have a high degree of social capital, which they will pass onto their offspring.

Social capital has been non existent for substantial numbers of Pakistani children and hence we have youngsters who fall into a life of crime, due to the lack of guidance, no role models etc.

It's time to act and move now, or we will end up up with more cases like the human trash above.

Check your facts before you post

As of 2007,In Britain,

Indians 1,316,000
Pakistani 905,700
Bangladeshi 353,900

Lead View Table

That is true but a significant subset of these British-Indians are Ismaili/Gujarati Muslims from Africa whose ancestors settled there few generations ago. They were born in Africa and only identify with British India.

National Statistics Online - Religious Populations
954.gif

Hindus 558,342 + Sikhs 336,179 = 894,521. While 97% of Pakistanis are Muslims so 905,700 will give you 878,529. That means Pakistanis and Indians are nearly equal in UK. These are all my interpretation and I accept that they are neither scientific nor completely accurate.

Last edited:
Sher-e-Punjab being the most famous.....and the Tamil Snake gangs that are considered quite a menace along with the Pakistani Panthers

These gangs did help quell Neo-Nazi and white supremacist gangs though.

Phewww, thank Goodness our Canada is crime free, I mean Desis(Indians, Pakistani, Bangladesi, Srilankan...I hope I haven't missed any one.:lol:) aren't involved. :angel:
Yes word Desi is used only in North America by the Desis(All above), so when we refer to some one from the region we call him a Desi. The word has become so famous that we have Desi sweet shops to Desi Cloth Desi Pan Desi Chat Desi Jewellers Desi Pizza..Man trying to bring in Desh(Country) here:D

Long Live Canada..and America

Phewww, thank Goodness our Canada is crime free, I mean Desis(Indians, Pakistani, Bangladesi, Srilankan...I hope I haven't missed any one. aren't involved.

There many Desi gangs in British Columbia involved in drug smuggling to US.

The Gangs of Vancouver - Sepia Mutiny

Yes there is, in the 80s Toronto and Vancouver had a big Sikh Mafia and Tamil Mafia presence in Toronto, and also a Indo-Canadian Mafia, with Indians of all nationalities in Canada. All Mafias had once been disabled in the 80s by police. However, many gangs still exist.

Toronto-Toronto had many Tamil organized crime groups and street gangs at their height throughout the 90s and early 2000s to even 2005. VVT and Ak Kannan the most dangerous of both, were rivals and had a bloody war throughout Toronto in the mid 90s to 2000. The Year 1999 was the most bloodiest with murders happening every 2-3 weeks. VVt and Ak Kannan use weapons ranging from Glocks to Ak-47s in guns and from baseball bats to machetes and shanks to secondary weapons. These organized crime groups had connections from Ottawa and Montreal and were active. They had other subordinate tamil street gangs such as Gilder Block Deciplez and Tuxedo Boys, which is somewhat active to today. Both gangs were disabled by police raids in 2000, and many leaders and dangerous, important members were sent back to Sri Lanka and India. However, many tamil splinter cell gangs till exist in Toronto which come from VVt and Ak Kannan. Tamil gangs mostly exist in Scarborough, Rexdale and North York. They make money by currency counterfeiting, fraud, Drug importing and exporting, Weapon and arms smuggling and dealing,extortion and theft. Toronto also has Punjabi Gangs and Pakistani gangs linking back to either the Punjabi Mafia or Indo-Canadian Mafia. Many Punjabi and Pakistani gangs have also been disabled after the deportation of important gang members but smaller gangs still exist. Indian gangs exist mostly in Brampton, and Rexdale.

Vancouver has a strong Indo-Canadian Gang presence. Most of them Sikh origin like the Brown Side Thugs in Surrey, Daku Soldiers, Independent Soldiers, Dhosanj Brothers and many more. In the 1990s these Indo-Canadian gangs had a bloody war to get control over British Columbia's Drug Trade in Canada. The Most famous Indo-Canadian gang is the Independent Soldiers, and most likely the strongest. These gangs still exist in Vancouver.

London has many South Asian Gangs, most of them Tamil, Bengali, Sikh, Indian and Pakistani. Organized Crime groups like the Tamil Snake Gang was taken down by the Tamil Task force in London, but like Toronto, many gangs still exist behind this gang. Bethnal Green is where most Bengali gangs exist, while Hackney and Croydon is where Tamil gangs mostly exist. However many of these South Asian gangs can be found anywhere in London

Phewww, thank Goodness our Canada is crime free, I mean Desis(Indians, Pakistani, Bangladesi, Srilankan...I hope I haven't missed any one.:lol:) aren't involved. :angel:
Yes word Desi is used only in North America by the Desis(All above), so when we refer to some one from the region we call him a Desi. The word has become so famous that we have Desi sweet shops to Desi Cloth Desi Pan Desi Chat Desi Jewellers Desi Pizza..Man trying to bring in Desh(Country) here:D

Long Live Canada..and America

Are you kidding me....!!!

Vancouver has an Indian and Pakistani gang problem.....Sikh gangs have been deep rooted in Vancouver and have been mentioned as problematic....

Somehow I feel you're being sarcastic....

That is true that they started out protecting South Asians from Neo-Nazi and white supremacist gangs but later they themselves morphed into gangs.

True, Ive heard that....

Question: I havent lived in the UK, but is it true that the enemity of the Indians and Pakistanis in the sub-continent had been carried onto the streets by the UK desi gangs?
or is it just a matter of turf that makes them clash?

That is true but a significant subset of these British-Indians are Ismaili/Gujarati Muslims from Africa whose ancestors settled there few generations ago. They were born in Africa and only identify with British India.

National Statistics Online - Religious Populations
954.gif

Hindus 558,342 + Sikhs 336,179 = 894,521. While 97% of Pakistanis are Muslims so 905,700 will give you 878,529. That means Pakistanis and Indians are nearly equal in UK. These are all my interpretation and I accept that they are neither scientific nor completely accurate.

Those figures are 2001 the uk hindu population is over 1 million now.

Remind me never to go to Britain, ever.

jk but they look like thugs and druggies.

i have hope that thats not the majority.

I live in wales and it is one of the very secure places in britain and certainly better than america. Very peaceful, great and tolerant people, very low crime rate, an average size city with opportunities if anybody want to take advantage of it.

From my personal experience, it comes down to parenting, or lack of. The majority of Pakistani's in the UK are from the Mirpur area (around 75%).

If we take the parents, you won't find many drumming in the value of education to their kids.

Kids go astray because of the lack of discipline/ education / parental control and you end up with losers like these.

Would be interesting to see if these guys have roots in Mirpur, as Manchester has a large population of them. Wouldn't surprise me to be honest.

Notable People of New Mirpur

* Barrister Sultan Mahmood Ch.(Ex.Prime Minister Of AJK)
* Barrister Qurban Ali (Supreme Head Of Peoples National Party)
* Lord Nazir Ahmed (Member of House of Lords)
* Raja Zafar Maroof (Administrator District Council)
* Raja Shabbir Ahmed Khan (Ex Public Prosecutor)
* Ch.Rukhsar Ahmed Gujjar (M.L.A OF Khari Sharif)
* Khalid Mahmood (Member of Parliament B'ham U.K)
* Mohammed Ajeeb (Ex.Lord Mayor Bradford U.K)
* Ch Abdul Majid President (PPP Azad Kashmir)
* Cllr Liaquat Ali (Mayor of Waltham Forest)
* Ch Aurangzeb (Ex.Lord Mayor Bradford U.K)
* Kh Khalid Mahmood (Ex.Lord Mayor B'ham UK)
* Mohammed Iqbal (Lord Mayor of Leeds)
* Ch Muhammed Saeed (CEO) Azad Group Of Companies Ltd
* Ch Mohammed Yusuf MLA (Minister for Mangla Dam)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mirpur_Distri...e_of_New_Mirpur

to add to the list the president of All Pakistan Chambers of Commerce is also Mirpuri...

These are all Mirpuris who went to uk after Dam was built there which displaced several people.The UK jihadis are far worse then local Pakistani clerics.UK is not doing enough to put these jihadis behind bars specially HT.

These are all Mirpuris who went to uk after Dam was built there which displaced several people.The UK jihadis are far worse then local Pakistani clerics.UK is not doing enough to put these jihadis behind bars specially HT.

Yeah y would they do tht , when anything goes wrong all they will say is he went to wazristan for training, and did this :blah: :blah: :blah:
It doesnt matter if tht fellow lived his whole life in British and being used by extremist for their own means.

Back
Top Bottom