What's new

#BREAKING: US Navy destroyer came under attempted missile attack in intl waters off Yemen, ship not

How many accounts has this camel jokey made so far? 40?
Your military is a pathetic joke. Were it not for daddy US you would not last 2 months probably.
You have nothing to hit Iran with whereas Iran would turn all your airports, oil facilities into dust (your country is mostly dust and sand anyway) with pin point missile. Listen to below and weep:

He calls Iran's navy weak. Your navy is far weaker than Iran's. You don't even have any submarines :lol:
Only thing you have is an aitforce with mostly foreign based pilots. Iran's air-defences would your air force useless anyway.

You people can't even get off and on your camel without western intervention never mind fight a war against a nation like Iran.

Your army is best suited for competing for a gold Olympic medal, given the amount of running they've done from Houthis. They would have easily won the 100 meters.
:offpost:

What are you blabbing about gypsy? There is zero evidence this missile belonged to Iran.

1.reported

2.Sure thing chief,you were all jumping up and down like lepricons finding a pot of gold when your missiles struck undefended humanitarian ships,now you're denying that water is wet.

Unguided rockets are not very good at hitting moving ships. The footage of UAE catamaran being hit suggest this type of guided missile. It could be P15 Termit (SS-N-2 Styx a.k.a. Silkworm) too, some of which where in use with Army of Yemen.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_equipment_of_Yemen
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silkworm_(missile)

I am not saying they are good, but if you look at Iran's speed boat strategy, some of them use unguided rockets. There is no evidence Houthis operate any Iranian anti ship missiles. Most likely some old Russian systems given the rest of missiles they've used.

I expect Obama to say "We are still trying to identify the intention and exact intended trajectory of that missile"
Otherwise there wasn't any attack by Houthi terrorists on the US destroyer.

I am not defensive nor do you need to apologize. For what exactly?

You are mistaken. I think I have provided sufficient proof of why your opinion does not correspondent with the ground realities. Of course what you might consider a success might be vastly different from the average opinion. I do not know.

Since 1988 KSA has participated in the Gulf War, Operation Scorched Earth between 2009-2010, taken part in the international coalition against ISIS since 2014 and now Yemen for 1.5 years.

KSA, unlike Iran, has trained with the best armed forces for decades and continue to do so on a regular basis. KSA (let alone the GCC and wider Arab world) is vastly better armed too.

You obviously do not know much about the conflict in Yemen. KSA is fighting against a large part of the Yemeni army that is loyal to Saleh. Houthis are the most heavily armed militia in the world. They are armed with tanks, ballistic missiles, heavy artillery etc.

No, they don't currently have an air force because KSA destroyed the Yemeni air force at the beginning of the conflict. You would know if you had followed the conflict.

Iran has only been at war once (conventional) in the past 150 years and that was almost 30 years ago. Their army can hardly fight a conventional war. No air force. A weak navy. They rely on their missile defense which is vastly overrated and we all know the Mullah's ability to engage in photoshop and outright lies. A potential KSA-Iran war (KSA will never stand alone but the entire GCC will participate on the side of KSA, 90% of all Arab countries, most Islamic countries etc.) will not be fought in either country as neither country has the ability to conquer the other. KSA is 1.5 times bigger than Iran and Iran is not a small country either. 2 times bigger than Pakistan. Let alone the geography of both countries. Or the fact that we are divided by a Gulf and not land.

Also I don't recall Arabs ever losing any war against Iranians. It's the opposite way around. A better armed Iran could not even defeat a 4 times smaller Iraq and 2.5 times less populous nation. Let's not even go there, dear.

Anyway you believe that KSA/Arab intervention in Yemen was wrong while I do not believe so. Let us end it here as the issues that we are discussing have little to do with the topic of this thread.
Fair enough. I m glad that what You all you said hardly reflects any typical pride that is usually found in persians. Something that I admire in arabs especially in Saudis, as Kuwatist and qataris are the most spoilt arabs of all, But then again I am glad we both are in same page

What are you blabbing about gypsy? There is zero evidence this missile belonged to Iran.
Just because it doesn't belong to Iran doesn't mean it isn't supplied by Iran ;-)

Anyway, the video of the attack on Swift shows a landbased launch vehicle firing an antiship missile. It also shows a single impact on that ship. That says something about the type of missile used.
http://gcaptain.com/photos-show-catastrophic-damage-to-hsv-swift-following-missile-attack/

Al-Masirah TV, which supports Ansar Allah and the allied military units fighting the Saudi-led coalition, released night-time footage of what appeared to be an anti-ship missile being fired from a coastal launcher. It then showed an explosion and a burning ship that appeared to be the high-speed catamaran Swift , which it described as a warship.
Al-Masirah has previously reported several Ansar Allah claims that coalition ships have been sunk using anti-ship missiles since October 2015, but this is the first to be corroborated.
http://www.janes.com/article/64274/uae-s-swift-hit-by-anti-ship-missile

What system do you suggest was used?

Please refrain from namecalling, y'all. Play nice.

@The Last of us the only pathetic military is your military. A military that could not defeat a 4 times smaller and 2.5 times lesser populous country (Iraq) that faced a Kurdish uprising in the North and a Shia uprising in the South during that war.

Your military that relies on fake propaganda, photoshop and that has no air force and very weak and OUTDATED navy can never win any conventional war against KSA let alone the GCC and Arabs. As for missiles, KSA and the GCC have their own missiles (battlefield proven as recently proved in Yemen) and will upgrade this part of the military massively in the upcoming years.

Yes, foreign based pilots. That was a good one.:lol:

KSA's navy will be upgraded massively and outnumber that of Iran easily. In fact the navy of the GCC is already better than Iran's current ancient one.

I prefer the Arabian horse but you can stick to your Iranian camel or donkey. Last time you guys talked big we conquered your entire entity and ruled it for centuries changing your religion, language, alphabet, culture, demography etc. Changes that are still felt 1400 years after.

Now go back to your photoshop and reverse engineering of 30-40 year old junk.

We have all seen how great your "military" has performed in Syria.:lol: You lost more men in Syria than KSA has in Yemen by a ratio of 2 at least.

Where is your bravado in Yemen? All you can do is cry. Nothing more and nothing less. Houthis/Saleh are receiving one pounding after the other and your officials are left issuing threats and calling the House of Saud criminals. Along with your friend in Lebanon that remains in hiding in his basement.

You know, this guy.

Go attack KSA and the GCC. Or any Arab country for that matter. What are you waiting for? If the Mullah's had any spine left they would have went to war with Israel AGES ago. And practically every country on the planet since they love to issue empty threats.
:offtopic:

GYPSY :rofl::rofl:

Cant stop laughing. Some people have this habit of making themselves relevant even though they are remotelyrelevantt to the situation

He does not know that Iranians, of all people in the MENA region, are most closely related to Gypsies and resemble them most physically wise.
LA Ya shiekh as I said before dont indulge in personal insults. Enta Ehsan min haza
Excuse for my rusted arabic. Been a while since I visited Jeddah

And how exactly would Iran, a country with hardly any navy and no air force, transport weapons to Yemen when there is a blockade on Yemen? A blockade that nobody has been able to challenge. A blockade that is monitored 24/7. Obviously the origin is Russian/Chinese which Yemen has plenty of. Especially the Saleh fraction. No big deal.
It gets such arms to Gaza (Recall INS Hanit?), so why not to Yemen?
inline_c4c7ceec-094_732704a.jpg

IRAN-ARMS-_WERD.jpg

Who the heck is the @Last of us? If I am not mistake, @Rukarl, didn't this jockey claim you were me as well? :lol:

1- Iran did defeat Iraq because they could not take a single inch of Iranian land
2- Iran Iraq war started in the 80's right after a bloody revolutionary with Iran having a barely functional military. apparatus. We're talking about today, where Iran is the most stable nation in the region whereas yours is atwar within its in territory against some barefoot Houthis whom it can't defeat.

Iran military is indeed based on Photoshop that's why international analysts are saying this:

http://www.janes.com/article/63215/iran-unveils-bavar-373-long-range-air-defence-system

And obviously you didn't watch the video I posted from missile expert, Uzi Rubin. Here's another one for you:

This is whereas your pathetic military can't even manufacture bullets. How do you expect a go to war using such a pathetic army?

PGCC has some ancient Chinese missile with CEP greater than the France. Battle proven my behind. Only thing you proven in Yemen is how cowardly your ridiculous armies are.

Perhaps there is a way you can defeat Iran. Start kissing your camels and spread that viral disease to Iran on this camel missile launcher:

77.jpg

saudi_farmer_with_camel.jpg

Saudi Arabia: Farmers flout Mers warning by kissing camels

_74820949_489723939.jpg
Image copyrightGETTY IMAGES
Image captionSaudi authorities have told people to wear masks around camels
People are taking photos and videos of themselves kissing camels in defiance of a warning from Saudi health authorities not to go near the animals, which have been linked to the deadly Mers virus.

In recent days, Saudi Arabia has urged people to wear masks and gloves when dealing with camels, to stay away from raw camel meat and camel milk, and not to go near sick animals, the newspaper Gulf News reports. But some people have refused to listen to the government's advice, posting videos and sending messages in support of camels.

In one video, a man stands between a pair of camels and asks it to sneeze. "Look at me! Sneeze, sneeze! They say there's Corona in this," the man says, while hugging and kissing his two camels. Then he shakes one of the camels' heads and says, "She says no. Is there Corona in you? She says no."

_74825887_74825886.jpg

Image captionA man challenges his camel to sneeze
Meanwhile, a Twitter user with the handle @fheed6666 - who has more than 90,000 followers - tweets to acting Saudi Health Minister Adel M Fakeih: "@adelmfakeih #the_campaign_against_camels_exposed And we call for it to stop or for evidence to be produced because camels are fine and all the ill people are in cities." An info-graphic circulating on Twitter suggests camels are more valuable than petrol.

Saudi Arabia is the country by far most affected by Mers, with 133 deaths since the virus was detected in 2012. Nearly 500 people in the kingdom have been infected.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-news-from-elsewhere-27393045

OFF F-IN' TOPIC.! Quit this, you guys!

Because unlike the route from Iran to Palestine/Israel (which is land-based) you need to cross the Arabian Sea if you want to reach Yemen from Iran and since there is a blockade this is not possible.
Looks to me no one can bar a Iranian vessel from using international waters. It is not that difficult to cover 12 nmi to land and illicitly deliver cargo.

I find it strange no videos have been shows for this incident. Usually the Houthis show vids of missile launches (regardless of failures). I am on the fence as to whether this was a real incident. If I see vid, I would eliminate some possibility as to what it was. But I will say this, till date I have seen zero evidence of Iranian missiles in Yemen.
I doubt they could get their little boat anywhere close enough to those US ships to shoot some footage. There is no evidence to support the 'fake incident' theory. The evidence on the attack is sketchy at this time. So, nil-nil.

This kid, with his 40th fake account needs to be disciplined.
Don't worry, I am actively trying to find any vids etc regarding this event, if I find any I'll tag you.
THen you REPORT. Don't f-k up a good thread.

I doubt they could get their little boat anywhere close enough to those US ships to shoot some footage. There is no evidence to support the 'fake incident' theory. The evidence on the attack is sketchy at this time. So, nil-nil.

What I was thinking is perhaps the Houthis were not aware it was an American ship? I see no reason why they would do this and give Americans a reason to openly join the conflict against them. Situation is still too dusty, I'll leave the dust to settle down a bit more and see if we find more facts.

Hard for you to believe therefor must be a ploy. Yeah, I can explain everything that way. I'm sure that more information will becoma available on the attack. Don't know why you are blabbing about 'Gulf of Tonkin' incident and justification: so far, the USN has shown nothing but restraint. Where are there reports documenting alledged naval bombardment?

I may be mistaken and it may be real incident, but just consider:

Yemen is the poorest Arab nation. They are being bombarded with two of the richest nations on earth (UAE & Saudi Arabia). US Navy supposedly making sure that Iranian arms don’t reach them. Would they like to court US wrath as well?

Now divulge into history. It has now been proven that it was the US warship that fired on the North Vietnamese vessels but US claimed otherwise and Congress approved bombing of North Vietnam starting the Vietnam War.

Additionally, ever since some idiotic Iranian students put US embassy under siege following the Iranian revolution, US public opinion has been justifiably anti-Iran. Add to this the fact that both the Israeli and the Saudi lobbies have been busy to keep anti-Iranian sentiments on the boil since 1979. Consequently US adopted highly biased anti Iran policies. For example

- In 1980 all the Kuwaiti vessels were re-registered as US flag ships so that if Iran attacked Kuwait vessels, US could retaliate against Iran.

- On July 3, 1988 USS Vincent fired two missiles and shot a civilian flight from Tehran to Dubai killing 300 passengers. US Navy claimed that the Captain mistook A300 airbus to be an F-14. Wonder how that idiot rose to command a US warship?

In view of the above, pray tell me; am I totally wrong in being sceptical?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom