What's new

#BREAKING: US Navy destroyer came under attempted missile attack in intl waters off Yemen, ship not

nah.. we shouldn't do anything heavy handed. we should just keep knocking their missiles into the ocean.

since they have engaged our vessels that means we can use our missiles now instead of soft kill measures.

the kill chain
AEGIS----->SM-2------>ESSM------->RIM-116----->CIWS----->soft kill countermeasures

Of course mate. What do you think an outgoing president gonna declare a war ? Never gonna happen !

I wonder if it was Iranian Noor missiles that were fired at the ship. Regardless, I'm happy to see the defense of the ship was successful. This was a very dangerous incident.

Noor or C-704, but most defiantly it was Chinese in origin.

www.haaretz.com/israel-news/netanyahu-weapons-found-on-seized-ship-came-from-iran-targeted-israel-1.349584

Of course mate. What do you think an outgoing president gonna declare a war ? Never gonna happen !
not when they didn't succeed in hitting the ship...no, but let's say it did and it killed a few dozen or more sailors then yeah I can see the President doing something more heavy handed.

i am just saying we should just sit back and just knock them out of the air, and relay targeting intelligence to Saudi Arabia and let them handle the ground and pound, or hit'em with a tomahawk or two.

This is a cassus belli,the US should retaliate with extreme prejudice.

HUH liberation ? or total destruction of a sovereign country ? A birth to ISIS and now this.

Tell that to the Shiites and the Kurds (aka the majority of Iraq population) who were supposed to live under a brutal tyran just to make you happy.

Impressive countermeasures onboard. :)

Houthis have gone too far.

and what Was Iraq war ?
Bro,

Why provoke the Americans in the first place?

Houthis should concentrate on Saudi-led forces on the ground. They should not try to expand the conflict. Otherwise, their fate would be similar to that of ISIS.

Seems like jamming/ deception of terminal guidance of missile... hence they crashed into sea after loosing their target...

Any one knows what kind of guidance is used on Noor??

Bro,

Why provoke the Americans in the first place?

Houthis should concentrate on Saudi-led forces on the ground. They should not try to expand the conflict. Otherwise, their fate would be similar to that of ISIS.

The fate of the Houthi terrorists and the forces loyal to Saleh is already sealed. They are receiving one pounding after the other by KSA and the Arab coalition. Currently they control less than 15% of the Yemeni territory after controlling all of it before KSA's intervention.

They are losing ground each week and the past 2 weeks have been especially catastrophic for them.

Them targeting an unarmed aid ship (leased by the UAE) which was only full of expat workers (Indians, Pakistanis, Ukrainians etc.) did and will not change anything.

We know that Saudis are having trouble dealing with the Yemen situation. Saudis must be pressing the US for help.

A missile attack with no US casualties or even damage to the destroyer! Another 'Gulf of Tonkin' incident to justify US naval bombardment to help the Saudi? I have serious doubts about this.

Trouble? Are you sure that you know what you are talking about?:lol:

CuWi3XOXEAAP-nx.jpg

This map below is almost 1 month old. Houthis/Ali Abdullah Saleh/allied tribes have lost even more territory since then.

KSA, the Arab coalition and the legitimate Yemeni government, popular resistance and allied tribes are in control of 85% of Yemen and constantly gaining new territory.

screen%20shot%202016-10-04%20at%201.59.20%20pm.png

I suggest you visit the actual thread about Yemen on this forum. We have a nice collection of dead terrorists. Everything from photos, videos, articles etc. You name it.

https://defence.pk/threads/yemen-watch-news-updates-discussions.366699/page-252

Less than 300 Saudi Arabian soldiers have died in 1.5 years of conflict against the most heavily armed militia in the world and an actual army in highly mountainous terrain. Trouble my ***.

Pleas tell me how the Americans are doing in Afghanistan or did in Iraq again? You think that you can eliminate all resistance?

Anyway all this has been achieved with much less firepower than the US and limited number of soldiers on the ground.

Believe me if not for nonsense humanitarian pleas from the West, KSA could have raised all the Houthi strongholds to the last brick 100 times over. Make Al-Assad look like a child in comparison.

Trouble you said? Not sure what you were expecting. Shall we compare the job of SUPERPAWA Russia in Syria that has resulted in zero progress? Been 1 year now. And Syria is mostly flat and less populated and less armed. Yemenis are also much better fighters historically than Syrians. No comparison.

Last edited:
Seems like jamming/ deception of terminal guidance of missile... hence they crashed into sea after loosing their target...

While I can't answer your question about Noor, I can expand on the jamming/deception part a bit. In addition to jamming the guidance system of missile - IR, radar, EW, GPS, etc. - systems like SLQ-32 can also direct their attention to electronic components within a missile system and disrupt them;

11s.jpg

This could be to disrupt the flow of information from the seeker to the processor, jamming the warhead's electronic detonation system, disrupt control surfaces or directly inhibit the seeker itself.

Certain SLQ-32 types also have the ability to provide guidance to AShMs, such as Harpoon. It's more then just radio jamming on these systems. They're capable of electronic attack across the spectrum.

If I had to guess the system used in this incident, I'd pick SLQ-32 over Nulka, which is more a decoy then standoff ECW system, though it is reported to have electronic attack capabilities as well.

16636590754_166c7bb981_o_d.jpg

Impressive countermeasures onboard. :)

On great thing about having a more aggressive approach to foreign policy is you get to test you systems in real-world operations. The world knows American military goods = quality because they are routinely tested.

That's not something you can say about most platforms around today.

Last edited by a moderator:
The fate of the Houthi terrorists and the forces loyal to Saleh is already sealed. They are receiving one pounding after the other by KSA and the Arab coalition. Currently they control less than 15% of the Yemeni territory after controlling all of it before KSA's intervention.

They are losing ground each week and the past 2 weeks have been especially catastrophic for them.

Them targeting an unarmed aid ship (leased by the UAE) which was only full of expat workers (Indians, Pakistanis, Ukrainians etc.) did and will not change anything. This behind-the-scenes cooperation is one of the least discussed aspects of this conflict. :)

Trouble? Are you sure that you know what you are talking about?:lol:

CuWi3XOXEAAP-nx.jpg

This map below is almost 1 month old. Houthis/Ali Abdullah Saleh/allied tribes have lost even more territory since then.

KSA, the Arab coalition and the legitimate Yemeni government, popular resistance and allied tribes are in control of 85% of Yemen and constantly gaining new territory.

screen%20shot%202016-10-04%20at%201.59.20%20pm.png

I suggest you visit the actual thread about Yemen on this forum. We have a nice collection of dead terrorists. Everything from photos, videos, articles etc. You name it.

https://defence.pk/threads/yemen-watch-news-updates-discussions.366699/page-252

Less than 300 Saudi Arabian soldiers have died in 1.5 years of conflict against the most heavily armed militia in the world and an actual army in highly mountainous terrain. Trouble my ***.

Pleas tell me how the Americans are doing in Afghanistan or did in Iraq again? You think that you can eliminate all resistance?

Anyway all this has been achieved with much less firepower than the US and limited number of soldiers on the ground.

Believe me if not for nonsense humanitarian pleas from the West, KSA could have raised all the Houthi strongholds to the last brick 100 times over. Make Al-Assad look like a child in comparison.

Trouble you said? Not sure what you were expecting. Shall we compare the job of SUPERPAWA Russia in Syria that has resulted in zero progress? Been 1 year now. And Syria is mostly flat and less populated and less armed. Yemenis are also much better fighters historically than Syrians. No comparison.
Impressive, if true.

American conflicts attract lot of attention and the resultant political interference makes things complicated for their forces in the ground.

Censorship is really important for the battlefield.

However, I would like to point out one thing: Americans are sharing lot of Intel in this conflict with their Saudi counterparts

Actually it is the other way around. Yemen is KSA's backyard and the Americans have relied on KSA in terms of intelligence in Yemen. All drone attacks in Yemen are done with KSA's approval and from bases in KSA. KSA is the most important country intelligence wise in the war on terror for the US.

Those are the words of the current CIA director who has lived in Egypt for years and who speaks Arabic fluently. Nobody in the region knows Yemen better than KSA.

Americans sole contribution has been to arm KSA but despite this their media has bene on an anti-KSA tirade of late and something tells me that it would suit them if KSA wasted more time and money on the war in Yemen. What an ally indeed.

Let alone the nonsense 9/11 "terror law" despite CIA, FBI and American courts having disproved the pathetic and baseless accusation of direct KSA involvement in 9/11.
The specifics of Intel-sharing are never disclosed officially. Of-course, Saudi would have ample knowledge of Yemeni geography and populace. However, Americans brought their own experiences on the table. The insight you get from multiple conflicts is unparalleled.

Their is a difference between what you know about the people of a neighboring country and how to conduct offensive operations in a hostile territory to fulfill your objectives.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom