What's new

BREAKING NEWS: LAL MASJID

Status
Not open for further replies.
CNN team denied entry to Lal Masjid

By Our Staff Reporter

ISLAMABAD, July 12: The government on Thursday stopped the reporter and the cameraman of the US-based CNN (Cable News Network) television channel from entering the Lal Masjid complex, which was opened to the media for the first time after the military operation against militants.

A government source told Dawn that CNN was denied access to the Lal Masjid for telecasting a “highly biased, inaccurate and misleading report” on Pakistan to create an impression that the country was not doing enough to curb terrorism and extremism.

The source said Nick Robertson of CNN had contacted the Pakistani authorities seeking access to North Waziristan, South Waziristan and Balochistan to do a story highlighting Pakistan’s efforts to stamp out terrorism and extremism.

He said the CNN team was given maximum access and was even provided a helicopter.

The team conducted dozens of interviews but chose to pick up five negative interviews, including that of former ISI chief Gen (retd) Hameed Gul, Barrister Chaudhry Aitzaz Ahsan and Amir Mir. Moreover, he said the right to reply was also denied to the government when a contact was made to this respect.

“We are not a banana republic. If we can give access, we can also deny the same when necessary,” he remarked.

A CNN spokesperson, on the other hand, said: “The actions by the Pakistan government are regrettable. We remain committed to reporting from Pakistan.”

http://www.dawn.com/2007/07/13/nat5.htm

It seems that the day of protests called by MMA has been a stunning failure. Even in Peshawar only 2000 people showed up and no where else their numbers were more than few hundred.

CNN team denied entry to Lal Masjid

Imnt surprised, he was the main guy behind 'Pakistan A threat Within' a highly biased show under the pretext of 'Special Investigation team'.

O.k.

1)Why did they even have the "few" AK's
2)How with those "few" AK's how did they kill 11 highly trained special forces soldiers? If the intent was just kill everyone(for the army) they could have used the non-hostage room clearance drills (throw grenades and clear the room with machine gun fire) If they only had a "few" AK's then believe me it wouldn't have taken 2 days to clear the place. And I remember how those guys had a lot of weapons on display a few days ago not to mention gas masks......

If you do not mind let me ask you a few questions.
1.After 6 months you would think that the lal masjid people would have made the masjid a death zone...considering how "evil" they where.
2. Why was all the weaponary and suicide vest that the army says it found inside not used if these guys where hardcore fanatics
3.It took the army 2 days to clear the place? more like they killed the militants on the first day and covered there own ***'s on the 2nd day while filling the masjid with suicide belts and heavy weapons.

I do not support the lal masjid people,its just that after 6 months of acting like idiots in the heart of the capital,infront of military buildings,taking people hostage and kidnapping's and generally breaking the law why did mushy do nothing?I think it was on purpose.

11 is the total number of security forces shaheed I believe. That number includes Haroon ul Islam and the two rangers that were killed earlier. Eight SSG died during the actual assault. It took them over thirty six hours to clear the place, thats not what "only 14 Kalashnikov's" will allow you to do. Plus we know that Ghazi lied about those three hundred women he accused the PA of killing. Why would everything else he said also not be mere propoganda to further his "cause"?

Did you see the bullet holes in the walls and ceiling of the mosque and compound? Were the SSG just running around pointing at the walls and firing in the air? The level of damage in the compound clearly indicates that the militants put up one heck of a fight, and we haven't even seen the basement and tunnels yet. I suppose that you could chalk the low amount of casualties down to better training and planning, though personally I think that even eight was too many. The militants got lucky by being able to backtrack and reoccupy positions that were cleared. So far I have heard they did this using the tunnels underneath the complex. We'll have to wait and see if that actually turns out to be the case.

Aaj also had a "senior journalist" (Zahid hamid I think) on their show today. He was talking about his visits to the complex to meet the Mullah bradran, when he was reporting on that Scottish girl's (Molly or something) custody case, and how after one visit he immediately called a friend and told him that the complex was a powder keg waiting to explode, based on the kinds of activities and people he had seen there.

For one moment do not think i would put the life of all the lal masjid militants together over that of one pakistani soldier .
History.......Who trained,armed and supported these guys before now,was it not the pak army/ISI ,do they not hold any responsibility?
I love the pakistani army and the average soldier but mushy is nothing more then a 3rd rate general who took power because he was going to get court marshalled.
I still hold onto what i said from the start they could have starved them out and make them look really bad rather then what has happened now and blame can be put on both sides.

http://www.paktribune.com/speakout/index.php?id=124

Red Mousque Opration

The eight-day long “operation silence” has ended with the death of Maulana Abdul Rasheed Ghazi, and his 70 aides in addition to 8 security troops, including a lt. colonel and a captain.

Contrary to his “hardline” brother, Maulana Abdul Aziz, who was arrested while trying to flee in Burqa on the second day of operation, Maulana Ghazi refused to surrender and fought till last bullet.

The 80-year old mother of Maulana Ghazi was also killed in the operation, however security forces claimed that she died due to suffocation.

Though, the operation is over, mystery still shrouds the breakdown of talks between an Ulema delegation, and Maulana Ghazi that led to bloodshed.

Qari Hanif Jalahindari, one of the members of four-member Ulema delegation which was supposed to meet Mr. Ghazi on Tuesday morning to negotiate says that the two sides were almost reached at an agreement.

“ We had suggested that Maulana Ghazi will surrender and he will be shifted to his hometown with his family. Later, A judicial inquiry would be initiated against him, and if he was found guilty, he would have been arrested”, Qari Hanif told newsmen.

Mr. Ghazi had also agreed to hand over 15 wanted militants to the government, he said.

“ Our suggestion was welcomed by the two sides. But when the draft of the proposed agreement was sent to President House, it amended that, which was not acceptable to Maulana Ghazi”, he said.

He said that President House amended the draft asking Maulana Ghazi to surrender and hand over 50 wanted people to the government instead of 15. The amendment was turned down by Mr. Ghazi, he said.

“ General Musharraf has been under immense pressure from his close aides after death of Lt Colonel Haroon (killed during Sunday’s operation)”, a government official said wishing not to be named. He was also under immense pressure from the United States to prove that he does not in any way giving Leverage to Islamic Fundamentalists.

Here are some questions
1) Who is responsible for the Red Mosque carnage?
2) Could the issue have been resolved through talks?
3) Ulema blame Musharraf for failure of talks. What do you think?
4) Will Red Mosque bloodshed fan the religious extremism in the country and are Govt claims regarding casualty`s true as Journalists are not allowed in or near the Hospitals?
5) Has the Red Mosque operation turned Ghazi into a hero instead of a villain?

who Won?

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/3120/sssssbh2.jpg

A commando of Special Services Group makes a vitory sign after returning from "Operation Silence"

The daughter and wife of Molana Abdul Aziz make a sign of victory in a police van after coming out of a court.

Thats why they should have been starved out and not given a opportunity to justify there actions by saying the army attacked after they where willing to negotiate a peaceful ending.
Mushy has made ghazi a hero/martyr symbol for the right wingers.
He should have been tried in court and made to look like a fantaic rather then the taliban version of custers last stand.

Operation Silence: Pak admits death of 91 civilians

Saturday, July 14, 2007
12:05 IST

Blog this story

Islamabad: Pakistan has admitted deaths of 91 civilians in the military operation to flush out Islamic extremists barricaded in Lal Masjid, which left radical cleric Abdul Rashid Ghazi and 100 others dead.

"Altogether 102 people have died in the operation. The breakdown is: 10 Army officers, a Ranger and 91 civilians," the 'Dawn' reported today, quoting Interior Minister Aftab Ahmed Khan Sherpao as saying.

The admission came two days after President Pervez Musharraf hinted in a televised address to the nation that some women and children had died in the fierce clashes that turned the capital into a battleground.

The Interior Minister said 248 people were also injured in the entire operation, out of which 27 were still undergoing treatment in the hospital.

Out of 75 people killed in the final assault, Sherpao said the bodies of ten have been identified, including that of Maulana Abul Aziz's son. Three bodies have been handed over to their families.

Claiming that bodies of five foreign militants killed in the operation have also been identified, Sherpao said, "There must be more bodies of foreign militants." He said that the government would soon publish a list of all those killed, injured, detained and set free.

Meanwhile, authorities imposed prohibition on the surrounding areas of Lal Masjid and Jamia Hafsa late last night, restricting the movement of common people.

The restrictions were issued under the Anti-Terrorist Act and will remain imposed for a week, 'The News' reported, quoting a senior police officer as saying.

Everyone on the forum r requested to avoid saying stuff like " u r gonna burn in hell" etc.

sound like everyone in contact with ALLAH SUBHAN TALLA ..busy in fatwa baazi...lolzz

For one moment do not think i would put the life of all the lal masjid militants together over that of one pakistani soldier .
History.......Who trained,armed and supported these guys before now,was it not the pak army/ISI ,do they not hold any responsibility?
I love the pakistani army and the average soldier but mushy is nothing more then a 3rd rate general who took power because he was going to get court marshalled.
I still hold onto what i said from the start they could have starved them out and make them look really bad rather then what has happened now and blame can be put on both sides.

Whether we trained them before or not is not relevant to the actions that need to be taken by the Pakistani Government, now that those that we trained are turning against us. They were not trained to kidnap civilians, and law enforcement personnel in Pakistan, they were not trained to murder Pakistani soldiers, nor were they trained to create a state within a state. They were trained to fight the Soviets and they were trained to fight the Indian occupation in Kashmir. If now they want to start attacking Pakistani civilians and security forces, then they need to be brought to justice. Just because we may have made a mistake in the past does not mean we cannot work to rectify that mistake now. This operation was exactly that.

The argument in favor of starving them out would not have worked because everyone was under the impression that Ghazi had hundreds of innocent women and children with him. Ghazi himself said that he had 1800 people with him. From the point of view of the government, if they tried to starve them out, what guarantee was there that the militants would not allow the hostages to starve and die first, while they hoarded the food for their own survival? Thinking about hundreds of innocent children starving to death, one day at a time, does not sound very humane to me. Compared to that, an assault seemed a much better option.

The only people putting the blame on the Government are the ones having trouble reconciling with the unethical, immoral and criminal activities of the Mullah bradran; because these people carried out these activities under the name of "Shariah", "Morality" and "Islam". People are blaming the government because they give some sort of "blanket approval" to anything even remotely connected to Islam. One caller cryin on Aaj; "hukoomat ko mubark ho, unhon ne bechare Maulviyon ko mar diya".

So because this was a "masjid" and these brothers were "Imams" and "Ghazis" and they were trying to "implement Shariah", we have to treat them under a different set of rules? Forget the kidnappings, the assaults, the illegal trials, the murder of a ranger, the storage of illegal arms. "Ye becharay Maulvi to bas Shariat lane ki koshis kar rahe they".

Do you think that if this was a gang of dacoits kidnapping people for ransom, that anyone would think twice about supporting the operation against them? Of course not. But because they claim to be "representing "Islam", the exact same crimes of kidnapping and murder need to be "negotiated". This position is preposterous. It shows how much of a hold these Mullahs exercise over them masses in the name of Islam.

The reason these "Islamic groups" and Madrassahs have gotten to this point is BECAUSE we have been letting them get away with their criminal activities so far. Ending this situation is not going to be easy or bloodless, but it has to be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom