What's new

Breaking news: 57 Terrorists sent to hell in airstrikes

disarm the area and keep it well policed but do not try to change the people's way of life that would be an awful mistake

Autonomy of the tribal areas needs to be gone.
Integrate those people fully, enough is enough, I'm sure they know their suffering better than we do and in pure self preservation they should agree to gradual steps.

Autonomy of the tribal areas needs to be gone.
With that i agree but to try and change their way of life would be wrong. Have a proper monitoring system there with police and border patrols but do not try and force people you will drive them away. The worst thing we can do is deviate from the planned clearing of terrorists that is already underway. emotions should not move us

Strikes would have been launched by PAF and Army. Dynamic targeting indicates slight shift in PAF's policy. And No, they would not target civilians. But in this case it appears they are willing to engage targets of opportunity.

Rather by PAF only.

What would become of the idea to drop Chemical or Bio weapons in the areas TTP holds?

**** Human Rights Watch. We need to kill them by the thousands.

Then there would be no difference left between you, and them.

Remember, there are ladies and kids in the 'areas' you aee referring to.

In the wake of Peshawar school attack, army launched retaliatory air strikes in Tirah Valley, Khyber agency killing 57 terrorists.

20 strikes were carried out using dynamic targeting as Army chief General Raheel Sharif reviewed operations post Army Public School incident

===================================

We need more,We need more

These numbers do not mean anything given the bigger picture. How many were killed is not important compared to how many more are left. That is the number we all should look at and nobody knows that one.

Strikes would have been launched by PAF and Army. Dynamic targeting indicates slight shift in PAF's policy. And No, they would not target civilians. But in this case it appears they are willing to engage targets of opportunity.

Rather by PAF only.

So dynamic targeting basically means PAF is conducting air strikes within an hour as they get information of terrorist wherabouts

Good luck and all the best.

I don't care about these low rank foot soldiers,the army should go after fazlu bc and his commanders be it in Kunar or Uzbekistan.

57 are not enough, we need to bomb them in thousands!

So dynamic targeting basically means PAF is conducting air strikes within an hour as they get information of terrorist wherabouts
What I know is PAF selects targets based on strong intelligence which is not easy to get in these areas. This puts inherent delay between a target being recognized to being hit. It also implies static targets mostly this you hear the word hideouts most of the time. Dynamic targeting means you take out a target which appears around either previously recognized target and is mobile. PAF may ask this target to be engaged if a secondary source can confirm it is hostile. Apparently there is zero tolerance in PAF higher up for collateral damage.

As far time, dynamic target may be engaged within 5 min if there is an aircraft around and Intel can confirm it is hostile.

Whats the point? 20 air strikes only killed 57?
Thats 3 per air strike..
Costing 6-7k USD per hour of flight.
On the other hand terrorists just send a few disposable Tribal animals and they kill dozens at literally a rupee per head.

Terrorist don't gotta worry about collateral or figure out who not to hit. Not much Intel required from their side, nor much expense. But fighting them off as a government institution, many additional expenses have to be incurred so as to prevent collateral damage.

I don't know why you would even mention the economics of it. The question, "what's the point?", is completely moot.

Whats the point? 20 air strikes only killed 57?
Thats 3 per air strike..
Costing 6-7k USD per hour of flight.
On the other hand terrorists just send a few disposable Tribal animals and they kill dozens at literally a rupee per head.

Dont compare lives with money.
Money will come, but lives will not.

What is the view of my Pakistani friends on Hafeez Saeed? Do you see him as a terrorist like Indians do?

so far he hasn't said anything against anyone including India, he condemns all terrorists acts. he has not been involved in any terror acts inside Pakistan and outside Pakistan except what India insists and he rejects that he was involved in mumbai, he has even condemned that. India doesnt feel the need to prove anything and doesnt gave access to pakistani investigators to 26/11 terrorists.

Back
Top Bottom