What's new

BREAKING: IRAQ TO BUY JF-17 FIGHTER JETS FROM PAKISTAN IN MAJOR BILLION DOLLAR PLUS DEFENSE DEAL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our profit will only be marginal since we only assemble it from Chinese Provided kit
Time to indigenize JF 17 in the same way HIT did with Alkhalid.
Even though AK was co-produced with China but HIT can now independently manufacture AK without any Chinese help.

I hope at least the metal used for JF 17's body is produced in Pakistan.

Even I wanted to put it the same way: when you say "export," nothing much will come to Pakistan. Pakistan will only get the few chunks, majority of dollars will go to China.

Pakistan has almost full control of the aircraft since it was totally designed and developed for the Pakistan Air Force due to cooperation between both countries. Pakistan could have taken advantage and worked on its own indigenous parts to replace Chinese parts. But, Pakistan never tried it might lack the funds, it would be good to start with RADAR, missiles, etc... but Pakistan never tried it.

Pakistan could try replacing it with its own indigenous parts if dollars allow it. It will be great for Pakistan in the future including the sell perspective.

No one else is reporting this not even the local media. Let's hope for the best.

Even I wanted to put it the same way: when you say "export," nothing much will come to Pakistan. Pakistan will only get the few chunks, majority of dollars will go to China.

Pakistan has almost full control of the aircraft since it was totally designed and developed for the Pakistan Air Force due to cooperation between both countries. Pakistan could have taken advantage and worked on its own indigenous parts to replace Chinese parts. But, Pakistan never tried it might lack the funds, it would be good to start with RADAR, missiles, etc... but Pakistan never tried it.

Pakistan could try replacing it with its own indigenous parts if dollars allow it. It will be great for Pakistan in the future including the sell perspective.
It's a 50:50 marketing JV for the JF-17. FYI

No one else is reporting this not even the local media. Let's hope for the best.

Local media sucks at defence reporting. PSF guys have been proven to be reliable in the past

The Iraqis are doing the right thing by diversifying their defensive gear, this would shield them from falling victim to rearmament embargo similar to what the US and west imposed on them during the ISIS incursion in Iraq.

Local media sucks at defence reporting. PSF guys have been proven to be reliable in the past
Local Media can't seem to focus on anything other than Politics.

Guys like PSF have contacts within the Military & obviously get info outta them.

But they have been wrong in the past.

Lets wait & see.

Why would Iraq buy JF 17 if they already operate T 50 and can just order FA50 simplifying logistics using T 50's supply lines and infrastructure.

Iraq has F-16s and its latest version but it has no AMRAAM or AIM-9x meaning it is have no chance in air-air engagement against even old Migs-29s Iraq spent £8billion on a piece of junk so called “fighting falcon” they should have bought Mig-35 or JF-17 from the first place.

Yes, that's correct. However, I have a question for you, Sir.

My understanding is that if you sell it for $100, maybe $80 of that will go towards production, which covers the cost of the airplane and the suppliers of their parts.

According to a comparison between the two nations, Pakistan will receive $10 and China would receive $10 out of 20.

However, China is the main supplier of the parts; they will earn around 75% of the $100, (5% will additionally go to Pakistan since assembling it). When Pakistan replaces the parts on its own, this will only be more advantageous for Pakistan than it is right now.

At the business level, this is what typically takes place.

Last edited:
Yes, that's correct. However, I have a question for you, Sir.

My understanding is that if you sell it for $100, maybe $80 of that will go towards production, which covers the cost of the airplane and the suppliers of their parts.

According to a comparison between the two nations, Pakistan will receive $10 and China would receive $10 out of 20.

However, China is the main supplier of the parts; they will earn around 75% of the $100, (5% will additionally go to Pakistan since assembling it). When Pakistan replaces the parts on its own, this will only be more advantageous for Pakistan than it is right now.

At the business level, this is what typically takes place.

Go through the JF17 thread,, it's a JV with different parts made in both countries

Go through the JF17 thread,, it's a JV with different parts made in both countries

Then I assume that most don't know how the OEM thing works... Now you can call it JV and joint cooperation... it's up to you.... As I said before, Pakistan has almost full control of the aircraft since it was totally designed and developed for the Pakistan Air Force... however, till not Pakistan will in-house replace Chinese parts, so it would not be much beneficial to export to aircraft.

Then I assume that most don't know how the OEM thing works... Now you can call it JV and joint cooperation... it's up to you.... As I said before, Pakistan has almost full control of the aircraft since it was totally designed and developed for the Pakistan Air Force... however, till not Pakistan will in-house replace Chinese parts, so it would not be much beneficial to export to aircraft.

It's fine,, don't worry about it

I get it your a hindu

Mash'Allah good news, but waiting for the big news companies to report this news.

After losing race to JF-17 everywhere, is this your reason to celebrate that Pakistan will not be getting the major chunk of export? Welcome to jealousy if this is what you've chosen.

Reality, howerver is bigger than what you're prepared to acknowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom