What's new

Bravo to the Chinese badminton players – they're just trying to win medals

Think you ve problem with deciphering the message.think over it you will get it and dont try too hard otherwise you will miss the whole point.

I think your mind is already make up who are the players deserve to win and who are not so is no sense to discuss with a person who doesn't see beyond his nose.

BTW, if I remember correctly, good luck to your pregnancy.

8 best players from 4 countries been banned, this is not the fault of players any more is it the system

This decision shows the level of hypocricy of those who took the decision. Bravo indeed to Chinese sportsmen

Game is about giving your 100% effort rather than winning or losing it.

How ridiculous!

In your terms, if China and India compete a badminton sport, I bet you the Chinese players using only 50% efforts can easily nail down you Indian players who exhausted their 100+% energy. And your silly logic will still award Indians with medals not the Chinese!

A laughing stock!

:lol:

No wonder India sucks in sports. :no:

OL-AA342_Badmin_D_20120801181726.jpg

China's Wang Xiaoli and Yu Yang, who would be disqualified, playing against a Korean team.

...It turned out that because a Danish team had earlier upset another Chinese pair, the winner of the China-Korea match would have to face that Chinese pair in the next round. By losing against the Koreans, the Chinese put off having to compete against their own teammates...Statistics compiled by an online badminton publication suggest Chinese badminton players have a history of taking steps to avoid playing each other. In 2011, 20 of 99 scheduled matches between Chinese players didn't finish, either because one player retired or didn't show up. That's an incomplete rate more than 25 times as high as for matches between Chinese players and those from other countries....

"It wasn't just the spectators at Wembley Arena who were unhappy with Tuesday's matches. Top Olympic officials weren't pleased, either.

"We feel the federation has taken swift action…and we think this is an appropriate sanction," said Mark Adams, a spokesman for the International Olympic Committee.

"It's depressing. Who wants to sit through something like that?" said Sebastian Coe, chairman of the London Games' organizing committee, known as Locog. "It's unacceptable."

Still, Locog and the IOC both said tickets to the Tuesday matches wouldn't be refunded.

link

Solomon2 note: Is this an example of a distinct race-oriented cultural difference? Or is it the professional expression of the Chinese coaching staff?

No.

This is a typical example of organization/system problem.

Simply, you can't force people to win but voluntarily to win.

If a player is such arranged that he/she can win the final by loosing a game, of course he/she would loose to win.

LOL! Just like you evade tax and you get rewarded finally. You would evade tax, too. Wouldn't you? So that tax system has a problem. No?

Definitely not the olympic spirit. Im glad these players have been disqualified.

i agree that system at fault but what about fans who paid for tickets?.... Did they paid to watch a fixed match?.... i feel sad for them. Their money went into waste.... By the way the chinese players lost so much funny way that commentor said jeez a school kid can play better.... Chinese players were so desperate to lose that they played worse then a school kid.... i must admit that it spoiled china's image. Even at games village everyone were angry on china (note that they were taking china name everytime and not other country players).... all over news channels they were showing chinese team match which they gave up.... Many people doesnt even knows who were the other teams. It indeed tarnish china's image. Everyone were saying that people dont matter in china. A country matters.... i blame both chinese team along with others and the system.... This olympic in headlines for wrong reasons. God Knows what Brits would do next.... Who might they target. For them most of countries are enemy.... am sure now its iran's number....

Does anybody know about the Badminton scandal?

Go and kill all the other badminton players....and tell ...you wanna win the medal....by hook or crook....BRAVO to Chinese

yes, we just done it yesterday. we defeat all the other badminton players in final.
and won all 5 gold in badminton. it is our history moment in olypic.

btw. congrat to india player Saina Nehwal , she got a bronze medal.

Back
Top Bottom