What's new

Bravo to the Chinese badminton players – they're just trying to win medals

Go and kill all the other badminton players....and tell ...you wanna win the medal....by hook or crook....BRAVO to Chinese

If you can find a pair who can beat our top seeds(Who have never lost a single match to foreign pairs),point them out.

Good or bad, what the players did was outside the game.

True, this happens in most sports - its unfortunate these players from 3 countries were caught, singled out & made an example of.

Bad luck, thats all.

I think the smart ones also use banned substances to win.or smartones are those who fix matches for money to win the game of life.:rolleyes:

A little hypocrisy here aren't we. On one side you claim an athlete should play 100% and on the other side you insinuate a winner using banned substances. Since when banned substances come into our equation and what argument you going use next? There seems to be no end to our conversations here.

My argument is, in sport, an athlete or a team play to win within a given rule, using his/their physical and mental strength. And as long as he/they stay within that perimeter they can not be blamed for elements that's not under their control, such as, the stupid IOC badminton playoff formats.

Nowadays the place London screwing up both China and Pakistan players properly:lol:.

Nowadays the place London screwing up both China and Pakistan players properly:lol:.

we still dominate the medal board in this Olympics by now,and London screwed India up on the very first day during the opening ceremony by allowing Miss nobody walk along with your flag bearer.that London Olympic is a big mess indeed.

A little hypocrisy here aren't we. On one side you claim an athlete should play 100% and on the other side you insinuate a winner using banned substances. Since when banned substances come into our equation and what argument you going use next? There seems to be no end to our conversations here.

My argument is, in sport, an athlete or a team play to win within a given rule, using his/their physical and mental strength. And as long as he/they stay within that perimeter they can not be blamed for elements that's not under their control, such as, the stupid IOC badminton playoff formats.
Think you ve problem with deciphering the message.think over it you will get it and dont try too hard otherwise you will miss the whole point.

Good or bad, what the players did was outside the game.

True, this happens in most sports - its unfortunate these players from 3 countries were caught, singled out & made an example of.

Bad luck, thats all.

I saw the game. They brazenly refused to play inspite of the crowds booing and the the match officials coming out and warning them that would be disqualified.

The viewers want to see good competitions.so who cheated deserved to be disqualified.

Do you see any intentional losing teams in NBA, MLB, Premier league, or any soccer teams during their games into either Olympics or World Cup and etc. get punished?

I can say Bravo to all those who use banned substances after all they too just trying to win medals.:rolleyes:

Intentionally losing match is called match fixing.....

You have not seen any games played by NBA teams, or soccer teams that intentionally lose the matches to avoid stronger teams during playoff matches??? To be honest, I have seen plenty of that.

If you want to avoid such incentives, change the format of the game, e.g. one game match, winner goes to next round, loser goes home.

I saw the game. They brazenly refused to play inspite of the crowds booing and the the match officials coming out and warning them that would be disqualified.

Really? If that is the case, why Michael Phelps, Ryan Lochte do not swim the preliminary rounds, let the substitute teammates swim those rounds???

I bet if badminton games have such opportunities, China would simply send her substitute teammates to play such rounds.

Game is about giving your 100% effort rather than winning or losing it.

Hey what you call india intentionally losing the game in quarters to play the the weaker team in semifinal?sure in ICC rules book its called match fixing.

I wonder if wat salman **** did was legal or betrayal.

whoever made this messed up format system should be disqualified first,that's the root cause of the debacle.
That won't make those athletes look any better.There is no perfect rule in the world.They should remember the place that they are playing at is fund by the viewers.without them,they are nothing.

Back
Top Bottom