What's new

Bravo to the Chinese badminton players – they're just trying to win medals

ephone

Reaction score
Country
China
Are the west simply hypocrites here???

In the NBA, we have teams intentionally losing games to avoid certain opponents in playoffs.
In soccer, such intentional losings are wild spread.
Even in Olympic swimming, you even can let your substitution teams to swim the earlier rounds to save energy.

So punishing these four pairs to the extreme this time really does not prove anything fair.

Bravo to the Chinese badminton players

It's sad Yu Yang, one of a greatest player in the game, quit because the Olympic badminton format is flawed.

Olympic is a team sport where the idea of winning for your country is promoted and a player's responsibility is to play the best way possible to ensure such result. That said, now you have a system that contradict that mantra. What you expect a player to do? Play her best to lessen her chance of reach that goal? That's not sport because sport, as everyone knows, is play to win.

When you have this kind of contradictions it's very disheartening for a player, a highly competitive one at that. It's very sad to see such a skillful professional to loose faith in the game she love because the flawed system and if that system wont change anytime soon it will happen again and again.

I don't think that's even a problem, the Badminton authority just want to please IOC that simply.

those players have training so hard for the olympic moment this is just so unfair.

I can say Bravo to all those who use banned substances after all they too just trying to win medals.:rolleyes:

Intentionally losing match is called match fixing.....

stop it Indians know nothing about sports. the British had done that many times yet media call that bravo too. Media are always ignorant.

I dont understand why they are so shocked at what has happened to them they cheated, they did not play to win, they played to pick the team they wanted to play next, you dont get to pick and choose that, people parted with money to see them play maybe they should refund people out of their own pockets, because what they did was unfair to these fans, if they cant see that they dont deserve to be there.

no athletes in this world can beat our world champion heros,the only ones that beat them are those dirty ICO officials.

It's sad Yu Yang, one of a greatest player in the game, quit because the Olympic badminton format is flawed.

Olympic is a team sport where the idea of winning for your country is promoted and a player's responsibility is to play the best way possible to ensure such result. That said, now you have a system that contradict that mantra. What you expect a player to do? Play her best to lessen her chance of reach that goal? That's not sport because sport, as everyone knows, is play to win.

When you have this kind of contradictions it's very disheartening for a player, a highly competitive one at that. It's very sad to see such a skillful professional to loose faith in the game she love because the flawed system and if that system wont change anytime soon it will happen again and again.
Game is about giving your 100% effort rather than winning or losing it.

I don't think that's even a problem, the Badminton authority just want to please IOC that simply.

those players have training so hard for the olympic moment this is just so unfair.

stop it Indians know nothing about sports. the British had done that many times yet media call that bravo too. Media are always ignorant.
Hey what you call india intentionally losing the game in quarters to play the the weaker team in semifinal?sure in ICC rules book its called match fixing.

I wonder if wat salman **** did was legal or betrayal.

I dont understand why they are so shocked at what has happened to them they cheated, they did not play to win, they played to pick the team they wanted to play next, you dont get to pick and choose that, people parted with money to see them play maybe they should refund people out of their own pockets, because what they did was unfair to these fans, if they cant see that they dont deserve to be there.

What about those pro clubs sent their third or fourth players on to the fields when they either clinched or have no hopes for the playoffs. In sport you play to win and second best is not good enough. A sportsman play to win, not to please the fans and if he wants to please someone go take up another hobby.

@ ajtr

What are you, a kid or an ideologist? Only losers and dumbos play 100%. Successful players, usually the smart ones, play with strategies and conserve energies.

no athletes in this world can beat our world champion heros,the only ones that beat them are those dirty ICO officials.
I wonder those countries who won medal defeating chinese athletes were all due to ICO officials conspiring against china to award medals to other country but not due to the efforts of athletes of those countries.:rolleyes:

I wonder those countries who won medal defeating chinese athletes were all due to ICO officials conspiring against china to award medals to other country but not due to the efforts of athletes of those countries.:rolleyes:

in this thread you should know that what I m talking about is those two Chinese top seed women's double players,they have never been defeated by any foreign pairs and are the guaranteed gold medalists.

If lose can win the final, this must be the wrong of the rules of the game

If lose can win the final, this must be the wrong of the rules of the game, that's why all the four pairs want to lose

Take a look at the athletes playing in Semis of Women badminton mate....Do u see a Indian in final four!!!...Yes u do....

OL-AA342_Badmin_D_20120801181726.jpg

China's Wang Xiaoli and Yu Yang, who would be disqualified, playing against a Korean team.

...It turned out that because a Danish team had earlier upset another Chinese pair, the winner of the China-Korea match would have to face that Chinese pair in the next round. By losing against the Koreans, the Chinese put off having to compete against their own teammates...Statistics compiled by an online badminton publication suggest Chinese badminton players have a history of taking steps to avoid playing each other. In 2011, 20 of 99 scheduled matches between Chinese players didn't finish, either because one player retired or didn't show up. That's an incomplete rate more than 25 times as high as for matches between Chinese players and those from other countries....

"It wasn't just the spectators at Wembley Arena who were unhappy with Tuesday's matches. Top Olympic officials weren't pleased, either.

"We feel the federation has taken swift action…and we think this is an appropriate sanction," said Mark Adams, a spokesman for the International Olympic Committee.

"It's depressing. Who wants to sit through something like that?" said Sebastian Coe, chairman of the London Games' organizing committee, known as Locog. "It's unacceptable."

Still, Locog and the IOC both said tickets to the Tuesday matches wouldn't be refunded.

link

Solomon2 note: Is this an example of a distinct race-oriented cultural difference? Or is it the professional expression of the Chinese coaching staff?

@ ajtr

What are you, a kid or an ideologist? Only losers and dumbos play 100%. Successful players, usually the smart ones, play with strategies and conserve energies.
I think the smart ones also use banned substances to win.or smartones are those who fix matches for money to win the game of life.:rolleyes:

in this thread you should know that what I m talking about is those two Chinese top seed women's double players,they have never been defeated by any foreign pairs and are the guaranteed gold medalists.
And in this thread i'm talking about every player in general who cheat through various means.And those chinese players are subset of whole set.

If lose can win the final, this must be the wrong of the rules of the game

If lose can win the final, this must be the wrong of the rules of the game, that's why all the four pairs want to lose
Thats match fixing in any game.

Take a look at the athletes playing in Semis of Women badminton mate....Do u see a Indian in final four!!!...Yes u do....
leave him alone he is just a cheer girl.no matter what happens his job is to cheer his team only.:rolleyes:

Go and kill all the other badminton players....and tell ...you wanna win the medal....by hook or crook....BRAVO to Chinese

Back
Top Bottom