What's new

Brand new Bangalore Airport Takes off.

you guys are taking about Air conditioned buses and 1hr 40 min rides: Is that something new for you guys or what?

Oh yeah, although air-conditioned buses are nothing new, these buses were only meant for city to city long distance travel, now, for even the inter-city services, the governments in different places have started operating these a/c buses which are more passenger friendly and comfortable, the standard of living is gradually rising..I must say...:enjoy:

The thing about 1hr 40min. drives....in Bangalore and Hyderabad the old airports were bang in the middle of the city., and the drive to the airport would be an affair of a maximum of 30 minutes.
The new airports at Bangalore and Hyderabad have been constructed atleast 40kms away from the city, that means a travel time of at least 2 hours because of the traffic jams. That means starting 2 hours early to catch a flight..something Hyderabadis nor Bangaloreans were used to..hence all the hoopla regarding the travel time..to add to this, the expressways and flyovers were not completed ontime at the opening of the airport...hence this concern!!

Any US carriers that fly into Bangalore now?? my aged dad (86)lives there.. the only ties I have in India anymore..I have not visited India much since adulthood.

Any US carriers that fly into Bangalore now?? my aged dad (86)lives there.. the only ties I have in India anymore..I have not visited India much since adulthood.

Air India in now operatiing non-stop flights NewYork-NewDelhi, New york-Mumbai, and Sanfrancisco-Bangalore Non-stop Boeing-777.

Lufthansa operates San-Francisco to Bangalore known as "Bangalore Express" because it shuttles techies between the two IT hubs,with a stop over at Frankfurt.
Cathay Pacific operates direct flights from La to Bangalore.

American Airlines, Virgin Atlantic, Air France, British Airways, Emirates, Air France...everybody operates to Bangalore these days..just brouse around
and you will find plenty of flights offering loads of discounts...

Back
Top Bottom