What's new

Brand new Bangalore Airport Takes off.

Reaction score
Hi Friends, Salaam/w,,

It brings me huge pleasure and joy to share with you some of the pics of the New Bangalore airport that kicked into service just a couple of days back....enjoy the pics and please share my joy....:cheers:

Final touches....

At the airport...

Well Wishers.....

The Very First Lucky Passenger Quizzed by Media personel.....

The First crew from Air-India arriving at the terminal...

The very first Indian airlines flight arriving at the airport....

View on arrival...

Connectivity to the new airport ready...the new airport is around 40kms away from the city.......

Inside the airport....

Bangalore Airfield fire fighting and rescue.
These crash fire vehicles termed as "Panthers" have arrived from Austria.

da3fcb853ec1c128b185243c7f7a6d80.jpg

333dc018633fd64218351ff8916cc56f.jpg

fbed4f7212e53a756318690be439de1b.jpg

ff3f7638f946a2019298324c15c3c1e8.jpg

^^^^ Oh yeah, I was about to post them, thanks for the pics.......these fire trucks supposedly cost about Rs.2 crore a piece......

BTW...some faq about the airport, the New Bangalore airport has been built at a cost of 4000 crore Indian Rupees and is a greenfield airport i.e. a public-private partnership airport.

More Pics to come....keep commin back....

Impressive. How many runways does the airport have?

Also, hopefully some headway can now be made into improving the rail and road infrastructure of Bangalore itself. Although I've heard that most MNCs are already fed up with this city and are leaving for better pastures in other parts of India.

Looks like Dubai, beautiful layout, I like good looking airports it kinda shows that the country is welcoming you.

Impressive. How many runways does the airport have?

Also, hopefully some headway can now be made into improving the rail and road infrastructure of Bangalore itself. Although I've heard that most MNCs are already fed up with this city and are leaving for better pastures in other parts of India.

The New Bangalore airport presently has only 1 runway and only Phase-1 of the airport has been completed, Phase-2 involves a new terminal phase-3 involves a new runway phase-4 a new terminal and phase-5 another terminal.The work on all the terminals is set to be completed in 5 years time.

and,
Oh yes, infrastructure is at the top of the agenda for India......loads of flyovers and thousands of kms of highways are being built. For major cities like Hyderabad, Mumbai,Bangalore etc, the underground railway system is being built similar to the Delhi Metro are being built.Infact, the work on the Bangalore Metro has already started.

From what I've been hearing, the days since its official opening have been a total mess.

It takes a lot of time to reach the airport, and the roads are bad. The airport is understaffed and mismanaged.

The only success so far is the building itself, which was completed on time and to the highest standards, thanks to the private parties.

From what I've been hearing, the days since its official opening have been a total mess.

It takes a lot of time to reach the airport, and the roads are bad. The airport is understaffed and mismanaged.

The only success so far is the building itself, which was completed on time and to the highest standards, thanks to the private parties.
These are at most teething problems. I had already travelled from new airport. Facilities are excellent and even traveling is not that expensive. From JP nagar to new airport in 1 hour 40 minutes on an AC bus at cost of 175rs.

These are at most teething problems. I had already travelled from new airport. Facilities are excellent and even traveling is not that expensive. From JP nagar to new airport in 1 hour 40 minutes on an AC bus at cost of 175rs.

Ah!! so we have a Bangalorean here!!!!:wave:

Yes, the initial glitiches were reported...what the heck..even heathrow was a total mess in the initial period of commencing services....

Ah!! so we have a Bangalorean here!!!!:wave:

Yes, the initial glitiches were reported...what the heck..even heathrow was a total mess in the initial period of commencing services....

Yes I am living in Bangaluru :) The airport is excellent, the facilities for reaching the airport has to be created by the government and as usual they nessed it up. But give some time may be 6 months people will be happy to see the world class infrastructure created. Also there is a plan of 3 5star hotels and an IT park there, so all in all good times ahead:cheers:

What an Majestic pieace of architecture and engineering, this is quite white watering. Looking forward to seeing more such airports in India especially in Mumbai that is my hometown.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom