What's new

Boycott Haider

True. But I also believe AFSPA has little relevance in Kashmir, now that the Army in the barracks and only the CRPF (that too occasionally) is present in strength.

I know it was necessary then. Not much now.

Actually this loss of popular support is what is disturbing for many separatists. The Ikhwan was disbanded and reformed as Village Defence Committees. They were and are the ones who form the first line of defence. And it is overwhelmingly if not entirely Muslim. Peer has also made the Ikhwan as the villain (of sorts) in this movie, instead of the Army.

Also remember the only scene where Peer himself acted as a dumb Kashmiri in pheran who had lost his senses? That is also deeply symbolic and a desperate cry for victimhood. The irony is in the fact that Peer, instead of being silenced has been given a pedestal as a script writer in the world biggest film industry and allowed freely and honorably to speak his tale. :)

In the end, whether he likes it or not - he is as much Indian as I am. :D

@scorpionx @SledgeHammer @Indischer - Watched this film? :P Then invite Indrani. I had to unblock her to see her posts. Sorry for the ethnic slurs - pls don't mind them. They were naturally and literally invisible to me.

A good print is yet to come on the interwebz....I like Vishal Bharadwaj's movies. Prakash Jha and Vishal Bharadwaj, whatever their political leanings, still are among the more sensible and balanced directors in Bollywood. Will definitely watch it. :-)

Well, you don't have to get bitten by a Cobra to know it's poisonous, do you?:P

Well someone got bit to tell others,right.
Here op did not watch it.:rofl:

A good print is yet to come on the interwebz....I like Vishal Bharadwaj's movies. Prakash Jha and Vishal Bharadwaj, whatever their political leanings, still are among the more sensible and balanced directors in Bollywood. Will definitely watch it. :-)

prakash jha is shit.

only gangajal worth watching,,,maybe apharan too:P

Watching Movie is SIN......now a days in INDIA

I commit at least 365 sins a year:lol:

Yes. OP's friends got bitten by Haider, which is why OP came here and opened a thread to warn us. :meeting:

And u were too dumb to fall in the trap.
Same like in case of salman rushdie after writing satanic verses:sick:

And u were too dumb to fall in the trap.
Same like in case of salman rushdie after writing satanic verses:sick:

Obviously. Who here is as brilliant as you? We dumbos have this habit of falling into traps every now and then.....:sarcastic:

And Salman Rushdie truly is a shitty writer, as far as I'm concerned. Satanic Verses or not, his books rarely make sense to me.

Damn,,sorry to hear about ur preference for shit:lol:

Why are you being sorry when I'm not?:unsure:

Obviously. Who here is as brilliant as you? We dumbos have this habit of falling into traps every now and then.....:sarcastic:

And Salman Rushdie truly is a shitty writer, as far as I'm concerned. Satanic Verses or not, his books rarely make sense to me.

I admit:smart:

Back
Top Bottom