What's new

Boycott Haider

A good print is yet to come on the interwebz....I like Vishal Bharadwaj's movies. Prakash Jha and Vishal Bharadwaj, whatever their political leanings, still are among the more sensible and balanced directors in Bollywood. Will definitely watch it. :-)
how could you indulge in secular propaganda :pissed:
you were one of us :(

Saw it yesterday

1)A step down from omkara and maqbool
2)Tabu and kay kay menon were excellent
3)shradha kapoor sucks big time,,,,,worse than even sonam kapoor
4)far too much music in the movie
5)story and writing not very good

And most importantly

zero propaganda....................0

@SarthakGanguly
@Chak Bamu
@Imran Khan
@Indrani (the hindutva torch bearer here:D)
@RazPaK (my favourite paindoo here,,kidda pher:lol:)
@stupid op who did not even watch the movie before giving expert comments
@Akheilos
@Spring Onion (liked ur review of this movie but it ain't that good)
Didnt even know there was a movie called that :pop: and then I was like who is shradha kapoor...googled to find woh jo Aashiqui2 mein thee....I actually havent seen any of her movies so no idea...

And then I was like who is KK memon I googled that too..never seen any of his movies except Bheja fry2 and was soo damn annoyed with that movie I dont even remember who he was in that movie :unsure:

how could you indulge in secular propaganda :pissed:
you were one of us :(

But....I've always said I'm secular. :unsure:
Why aren't the communal people making good movies? I'm left with no option but to watch secular propaganda. :sarcastic:

oye ranjeet baaj aa ja:mad:
oye ... jaat ne aaj pi rakhi hai ... aur woh bhi elections wali ... koi kuch nahi bolega
c6d842d7022e56a5bc156e8aa858d7f2.jpg

Didnt even know there was a movie called that :pop: and then I was like who is shradha kapoor...googled to find woh jo Aashiqui2 mein thee....I actually havent seen any of her movies so no idea...

And then I was like who is KK memon I googled that too..never seen any of his movies except Bheja fry2 and was soo damn annoyed with that movie I dont even remember who he was in that movie :unsure:

As i said many times..................am a movie buff/tech freak/audiophile/doctor/defence enthusiast all rolled into one:D
Pooch liya karo:lol:

oye ... jaat ne aaj pi rakhi hai ... aur woh bhi elections wali ... koi kuch nahi bolega
View attachment 124157
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

How's oktober fest going on?

Already ended. The name's a bit misleading. Oktoberfest begins in mid-September and ends by the first week of October. Couldn't go this time. Bhery bijee. :(

As i said many times..................am a movie buff/tech freak/audiophile/doctor/defence enthusiast all rolled into one:D
Pooch liya karo:lol:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Ooooyeeeee ....
b49d2fb9044c4d19ff805efc9d5d8206._.jpg

Already ended. The name's a bit misleading. Oktoberfest begins in mid-September and ends by the first week of October. Couldn't go this time. Bhery bijee. :(
how could you miss it. how could you.... :mad:

you don't watch bollywood movies?

Saw it yesterday
1)A step down from omkara and maqbool
2)Tabu and kay kay menon were excellent
3)shradha kapoor sucks big time,,,,,worse than even sonam kapoor
4)far too much music in the movie
5)story and writing not very good

And most importantly

zero propaganda....................0

Agree with most points. Omkara IMO was the finest of the adaptations, but Haider had its moments too. Tabu was fab in the movie, might as well grab the best actor/actress award this year. I liked Shraddha Kapoor, don't know why you didn't. However,I really really enjoyed the songs.. especially the ballad. Sukhwinder's voice is so damn good!!!
Anyway, there's no denying the fact that mid 90's was the darkest hour as far as Army's crackdown on insurgents is concerned. It's not always feasible to be all goody too shoes while fighting insurgencies but such crackdowns usually do more harm than good in the short term. Glad it's over. The movie represents Kashmir of the 90's and I don't see any issue with it. Some understand, some turn bad, it all happens.

Agree with most points. Omkara IMO was the finest of the adaptations, but Haider had its moments too. Tabu was fab in the movie, might as well grab the best actor/actress award this year. I liked Shraddha Kapoor, don't know why you didn't. However,I really really enjoyed the songs.. especially the ballad. Sukhwinder's voice is so damn good!!!
Anyway, there's no denying the fact that mid 90's was the darkest hour as far as Army's crackdown on insurgents is concerned. It's not always feasible to be all goody too shoes while fighting insurgencies but such crackdowns usually do more harm than good in the short term. Glad it's over. The movie represents Kashmir of the 90's and I don't see any issue with it. Some understand, some turn bad, it all happens.

i never watch songs if i download a movie,,,,always fast forward it.
In theatre i rarely concentrate during a song.

My issue here were not songs but loud and unending background music.

Best scene was shahid's speech at lal chowk,marvellous:tup:

you don't watch bollywood movies?

bai eh sas bahu wale serial dekhdi huni:rofl:

Back
Top Bottom