3)shradha kapoor sucks big time,,,,,worse than even sonam kapoor
4)far too much music in the movie
5)story and writing not very good

And most importantly

zero propaganda....................0

@SarthakGanguly
@Chak Bamu
@Imran Khan
@Indrani (the hindutva torch bearer here:D)
@RazPaK (my favourite paindoo here,,kidda pher:lol:)
@stupid op who did not even watch the movie before giving expert comments
@Akheilos
@Spring Onion (liked ur review of this movie but it ain't that good)
Actually bias is there. But I was disappointed in the end. Good acting and terrible script.* Half measures throughout. Basharat Peer is a strange character. Will write later in detail. Hope this thread lives till then. :P

Have faith and patience - I will detail the dangerous stuff in it. I don't mind myself - not a 'ban it' guy.

Btw - Kashmiris are bashing him. Though NO HALL in KASHMIR is airing this movie, or any other movie. Movie theatres are 'banned'.

*Actually you can try Curfewed Night by Mr.Peer, a moderate and relatively honest view of Kashmir.

Also remember the Kashmir shown is of 1995!

@SarthakGanguly that was bad time for India and we are out of it now, I remember as a kid how every 1 or 2 days, how our 5-10 soldiers getting martyred in Kashmir. Now, we are out of the dangerous phase keeping the integrity of India intact and now insurgents are backfiring on the people who created them.

@SarthakGanguly that was bad time for India and we are out of it now, I remember as a kid how every 1 or 2 days, how our 5-10 soldiers getting martyred in Kashmir. Now, we are out of the dangerous phase keeping the integrity of India intact and now insurgents are backfiring on the people who created them.
True. But I also believe AFSPA has little relevance in Kashmir, now that the Army in the barracks and only the CRPF (that too occasionally) is present in strength.

I know it was necessary then. Not much now.

Actually this loss of popular support is what is disturbing for many separatists. The Ikhwan was disbanded and reformed as Village Defence Committees. They were and are the ones who form the first line of defence. And it is overwhelmingly if not entirely Muslim. Peer has also made the Ikhwan as the villain (of sorts) in this movie, instead of the Army.

Also remember the only scene where Peer himself acted as a dumb Kashmiri in pheran who had lost his senses? That is also deeply symbolic and a desperate cry for victimhood. The irony is in the fact that Peer, instead of being silenced has been given a pedestal as a script writer in the world biggest film industry and allowed freely and honorably to speak his tale. :)

In the end, whether he likes it or not - he is as much Indian as I am. :D

@scorpionx @SledgeHammer @Indischer - Watched this film? :P Then invite Indrani. I had to unblock her to see her posts. Sorry for the ethnic slurs - pls don't mind them. They were naturally and literally invisible to me.

Last edited:
Actually bias is there. But I was disappointed in the end. Good acting and terrible script.* Half measures throughout. Basharat Peer is a strange character. Will write later in detail. Hope this thread lives till then. :P

Have faith and patience - I will detail the dangerous stuff in it. I don't mind myself - not a 'ban it' guy.

Btw - Kashmiris are bashing him. Though NO HALL in KASHMIR is airing this movie, or any other movie. Movie theatres are 'banned'.

*Actually you can try Curfewed Night by Mr.Peer, a moderate and relatively honest view of Kashmir.

Also remember the Kashmir shown is of 1995!

Yes it was 90's,,,many of the shit shown actually happened and remember indian army too have been pissed after pandits were shunted out,,,so some of their actions were /would have been emotional too.

No army is perfect,,there are bad apples here and there.

Yes it was 90's,,,many of the shit shown actually happened and remember indian army too have been pissed after pandits were shunted out,,,so some of their actions were /would have been emotional too.

No army is perfect,,there are bad apples here and there.
Absolutely. Agreed.

Things are much better now. Oh wait, the floods. Damn it. :(

Think about it what you talking about.

Don't need ur help in thinking mate,,i saw it on first day itself.
I repeat,,nothing wrong at all.

Insurgencies are silenced like this only,,,punjab in 90's was 10 times more bloody than this with record number of fake encounters,,,i won't even scorn at that.

Things need to be done to maintain integrity of india

Absolutely. Agreed.

Things are much better now. Oh wait, the floods. Damn it. :(

Yeah.
The point is op made a thread without watching and 99% of junta followed him.
Do u think thats right to do.

I was expecting path breaking propaganda.....damn i was disappointed:D:p:lol:

I was expecting path breaking propaganda.....damn i was disappointed
Me too. :D

Actually Basharat Peer, the script writer has gained notoriety recently by boycotting the Kashmir Literary Fest because 'it would portray normalcy'. Also his recent columns are increasingly and openly communal. So my guess is - it was based on an assumption.

:) But I expected a better movie in the end. Shahid's acting was eclipsed brilliantly by Shraddha's lack of it. :haha:

Me too. :D

Actually Basharat Peer, the script writer has gained notoriety recently by boycotting the Kashmir Literary Fest because 'it would portray normalcy'. Also his recent columns are increasingly and openly communal. So my guess is - it was based on an assumption.

:) But I expected a better movie in the end. Shahid's acting was eclipsed brilliantly by Shraddha's lack of it. :haha:

The worst was the low iq of terrorists.
they use shraddha kapoor as a courier for shahid kapoor knowing fully well that she was the daughter of SP.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

End was too stupid to even discuss here:lol::lol:

maqbool>omkaara>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.haider

Back
Top Bottom