What's new

Book Review - THE INDIA DOCTRINE (1947-2007)

A new book that compliments the contents of The India Doctrine (1947-2007) -

raw:-an-instrument-of-indian-hegemony.jpg

RAW: An Instrument Of Indian Hegemony

India’s Intelligence Operations Unveiled

LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing (2012-09-12)

https://www.morebooks.de/store/gb/book/raw:-an-instrument-of-indian-hegemony/isbn/978-3-659-23968-7

15190_530739053605979_1885869671_n.jpg

The India Doctrine (1947-2007) is available at the Bookworm stall at the Hay Festival organised by the British Council in the premises of the Bangla Academy in Dhaka. November 17 is the final day of the festival.

War Crimes Trails and The India Doctrine: Bdnews24.com poll -

Playing India Card

Jamaat-e-Islami leader Shahjahan Chowdhury says a move is on to kill the top leadership of his party on the pretext of trial only to execute India’s ‘agenda’. Do you agree?

bdnews24.com

Retired Indian Justice Markandey Katju has remarked that India and Pakistan must reunite in the next 20 years as the latter is a fake and artificial country. The comment of Justice Katju may well also apply to Bangladesh which had been part of Pakistan until 1971 and is by logic therefore also a fake and artificial country that should reunite with India and lose its identity as an independent nation. Many within the Indian establishment and military still actually believe this theory of an Akhand Bharat (Greater India). The present turmoil in Bangladesh orchestrated by the AL and RAW is part of this agenda and was predicted in my book more than 6 years ago. I, of course, rejected the Akhand Bharat thesis and this influences my opinions concerning the Shahbag demonstrations as well as the integration and assimilation policies of the AL that sees us merely as an adjunct to West Bengal -

'Pakistan Is A Fake And Artificial Country' | Markandey Katju

The India Doctrine exposed -

"India must unabashedly back pro-India political parties in neighbouring countries and make it more expensive for anti-India parties to hold their positions. Of course, there will be some whose opposition to India is irrevocable. However, if New Delhi consistently demonstrates its commitment to back pro-India parties, such irreconcilable parties will find fewer adherents and weaken at the margin. India must offer political support to pro-India parties when they are out of power and reward them with asymmetric concessions when they acquire power."

A new neighbourhood doctrine | Business Standard

Munshi Bhai ( @MBI Munshi ), I wanted to buy the latest version of your book, but its $98, a little too steep for me.

I read the book "RAW and Bangladesh" by Zainal Abedin and Isha Khan's articles. Looks like the 3 of you are the foremost experts on Indian Intelligence activity in Bangladesh.

I have one very specific question that I am confused about. I see in Mr. Abedin's book that RAW has a goal of Akhanda Bharat and annexing Bangladesh in the future. But during my discussions with Indians in various web forums, I get the impression that Indian popular opinion is exactly the opposite, ie they do not want to annex any Muslim countries like Bangladesh or Pakistan, may be Sri Lanka, Bhutan or Nepal, as they are not Muslim, or Azad Kashmir (or the Gilgit Baltistan part) as this will give them direct land access to Afghanistan and block Chinese land access to Pakistan.

What in your eyes is India's goal, as you described in the book India Doctrine, is it Akhanda Bharat (annexation of neighbor states) or just playing a spoiler role trying to torpedo development of neighbor states so India can maintain control and hegemony in South Asia?

Please discuss the above point without giving away too much details of your book.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have one very specific question that I am confused about. I see in Mr. Abedin's book that RAW has a goal of Akhanda Bharat and annexing Bangladesh in the future. But during my discussions with Indians in various web forums, I get the impression that Indian popular opinion is exactly the opposite, ie they do not want to annex any Muslim countries like Bangladesh or Pakistan, may be Sri Lanka, Bhutan or Nepal, as they are not Muslim, or Azad Kashmir (or the Gilgit Baltistan part) as this will give them direct land access to Afghanistan and block Chinese land access to Pakistan.

What in your eyes is India's goal, as you described in the book India Doctrine, is it Akhanda Bharat (annexation of neighbor states) or just playing a spoiler role trying to torpedo development of neighbor states so India can maintain control and hegemony in South Asia?

Please discuss the above point without giving away too much details of your book.

I think the correct term is vassal state. There's no doubt that India is a growing power, and an emerging economy. It is only natural for them to exert their regional influence. But, the manner in which it is done is rather reckless.

I believe terms like 'Arkhand Bharat' are simply used as a means to divert public opinion and attention. The truth is that no one in India really care about what goes on in its smaller neighbors.

Retired Indian Justice Markandey Katju has remarked that India and Pakistan must reunite in the next 20 years as the latter is a fake and artificial country. The comment of Justice Katju may well also apply to Bangladesh which had been part of Pakistan until 1971 and is by logic therefore also a fake and artificial country that should reunite with India and lose its identity as an independent nation. Many within the Indian establishment and military still actually believe this theory of an Akhand Bharat (Greater India). The present turmoil in Bangladesh orchestrated by the AL and RAW is part of this agenda and was predicted in my book more than 6 years ago. I, of course, rejected the Akhand Bharat thesis and this influences my opinions concerning the Shahbag demonstrations as well as the integration and assimilation policies of the AL that sees us merely as an adjunct to West Bengal -

'Pakistan Is A Fake And Artificial Country' | Markandey Katju

We would rather nuke ourself rather than joining with india. I hope that sums it for him.

I think the correct term is vassal state. There's no doubt that India is a growing power, and an emerging economy. It is only natural for them to exert their regional influence. But, the manner in which it is done is rather reckless.

I believe terms like 'Arkhand Bharat' are simply used as a means to divert public opinion and attention. The truth is that no one in India really care about what goes on in its smaller neighbors.

Trying to influence neighbors using legitimate means is one thing, but covertly meddling in the affairs of another sovereign state is an act of war.

The feeling I have is on the surface India promotes regional bodies like SAARC, BIMSTEC etc. to increase influence, that is legitimate activity. But behind the scenes, Indian govt. engages in meddling, which is tantamount to waging covert war on another country.

And my assessment on these regional bodies is that they have no future, so they are only used to give false hope to some confused people, while these efforts are used as cover for the covert meddling/war to subvert these neighbors efforts to develop, stand on their own feet, become more powerful and self sufficient.

Munshi Bhai ( @MBI Munshi ), I wanted to buy the latest version of your book, but its $98, a little too steep for me.

I read the book "RAW and Bangladesh" by Zainal Abedin and Isha Khan's articles. Looks like the 3 of you are the foremost experts on Indian Intelligence activity in Bangladesh.

Annexation is only the last resort like in the case of Sikkim which had a strategic value for India and was not a heavily populated country. The Akhand Bharat theory is not just about annexation but includes hegemony and domination over all of South Asia. This can take many forms but the usual is to have a puppet government installed in a neighboring country that will be subservient to Indian interests. My book further suggests that India also imposes a policy on subservient neighbouring countries not to introduce outside powers into the region such as the USA and China and that in all cases Indians strategic interests must prevail. Loki rightly points to the idea of vassal states. My book in fact shows how Indian has attempted to do this in Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Nepal as well as interfering in Pakistan, Afghanistan and Myanmar. There is a lot of details and references in my book that explains all this.

I agree the new version of my book is well steep but the Bangla translation is still very cheap at Tk. 400. I guess you must not be located in Dhaka.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bangladesh has a complex history and a complex politics. It is not easy for India to deal with Bangladesh.

Annexation is only the last resort like in the case of Sikkim which had a strategic value for India and was not a heavily populated country. The Akhand Bharat theory is not just about annexation but includes hegemony and domination over all of South Asia. This can take many forms but the usual is to have a puppet government installed in a neighboring country that will be subservient to Indian interests. My book further suggests that India also imposes a policy on subservient neighbouring countries not to introduce outside powers into the region such as the USA and China and that in all cases Indians strategic interests must prevail. Loki rightly points to the idea of vassal states. My book in fact shows how Indian has attempted to do this in Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Nepal as well as interfering in Pakistan, Afghanistan and Myanmar. There is a lot of details and references in my book that explains all this.

I agree the new version of my book is well steep but the Bangla translation is still very cheap at Tk. 400. I guess you must not be located in Dhaka.

Thanks for clarification. That was the impression I had. Please note that Sikkim is not a Muslim state. The annexation target is for non-Muslim states only, while the vassal state target is for Muslim states.

Is it possible to bring Zainal Abedin and Isha Khan in the forum? Are they located in Dhaka? Do you know them personally? If not, why not get to know them?

I am not in Dhaka unfortunately.

Indian intelligence and their associates in Bangladesh, I feel, have created a false reality through their propaganda since 1960's. Bangladeshi public is still not aware what is going on, which is why a party like AL can come back to power. Making our public aware is the first step to tackle this menace. I would appreciate if you could post relevant information in the two threads I opened:
http://www.defence.pk/forums/bangla...vement-bangladesh-land-mass-1947-today-8.html
http://www.defence.pk/forums/bangladesh-defence/239823-mujib-bahini-vs-mukti-bahini-4.html

I want to use these two threads as ready reference for people who doubt and question activity and effect of Indian Intelligence agency's in Bangladesh.

Thanks for clarification. That was the impression I had. Please note that Sikkim is not a Muslim state. The annexation target is for non-Muslim states only, while the vassal state target is for Muslim states.

Is it possible to bring Zainal Abedin and Isha Khan in the forum? Are they located in Dhaka? Do you know them personally? If not, why not get to know them?

I am not in Dhaka unfortunately.

Indian intelligence and their associates in Bangladesh, I feel, have created a false reality through their propaganda since 1960's. Bangladeshi public is still not aware what is going on, which is why a party like AL can come back to power. Making our public aware is the first step to tackle this menace. I would appreciate if you could post relevant information in the two threads I opened:
http://www.defence.pk/forums/bangla...vement-bangladesh-land-mass-1947-today-8.html
http://www.defence.pk/forums/bangladesh-defence/239823-mujib-bahini-vs-mukti-bahini-4.html

I want to use these two threads as ready reference for people who doubt and question activity and effect of Indian Intelligence agency's in Bangladesh.

Yes I know Zainal Abedin and Isha Khan personally. Zainal is in New York and Isha Khan is a very private person .... You might also have mentioned Abu Rushd.

Back
Top Bottom