What's new

Book Review - THE INDIA DOCTRINE (1947-2007)

I saw it in a stall outside the bangla academy premises ,didn't noticed the version but seems new .book stall were around 5~7th stall on the right hand side from doel chattar .

Thanks I wasn't aware it was being sold at the ekushey boi mela.

What is the Cost of the Book?

And How many Copies have been Sold till date?

The latest version Tk. 400. Altogether 4300 copies sold and 700 complimentary copies given out. 5000 copies printed since 2006.

I saw it in a stall outside the bangla academy premises ,didn't noticed the version but seems new .book stall were around 5~7th stall on the right hand side from doel chattar .

I think it is too much effort to find the book at the boi mela. Better to purchase it from here:

The Bookworm, 'Twin Peaks' Complex, Old Airport, Tejgaon, Dhaka, Bangladesh.

I think it is too much effort to find the book at the boi mela. Better to purchase it from here:

The Bookworm, 'Twin Peaks' Complex, Old Airport, Tejgaon, Dhaka, Bangladesh.

why dont you put it up on an ebook site in epub format or a place where i could pay for it in pdf format

The latest version Tk. 400. Altogether 4300 copies sold and 700 complimentary copies given out. 5000 copies printed since 2006.

Thats it? I thought the book was on the scale of Arthashastra in Bangladesh. Whats the problem, the author lacks credibility, too expensive, low quality marketing or pure BS in the book?

Thats it? I thought the book was on the scale of Arthashastra in Bangladesh. Whats the problem, the author lacks credibility, too expensive, low quality marketing or pure BS in the book?

No publishing is still not considered an industry in Bangladesh so prints are normally limited. I understand there is a huge demand for the book in India. I even offered that the book be published there but the publishers were too scared.

This book was referenced in The India Doctrine and now an attempt is being made to ban it in India -

Lawyers demand ban on Bangladesh war book

16 April 2012

statesman news service

KOLKATA, 16 APRIL: The All-India Legal Aid Forum has written to the state and Union governments asking them to ban a book about the Bangladesh War of Independence because it is “anti-Indian”.
The book, Bangladesher Swadhinater Juddhe Raw ebong CIA, was written by Bangaldeshi journalist Masudul Haque who works for the newspaper Iftahar. Mr Joydeep Mukherjee, general secretary of the legal forum and a Supreme Court advocate, said the book “criticises India, RAW and the CIA and says that RAW was the main culprit to divide undivided Pakistan. We condemn this because our competent intelligence agency is not involved in this matter.”
He also objected to the “vulgar manner” in which Sheikh Mujiboor Rahman, the first President of Bangladesh, has been depicted as a “puppet of RAW and the CIA”. He said it showed “disrespect” and is an attempt to “malign” the former leader.
Former Indian Police Services officer, Mr B P Saha, who has written a first-person account of the war, agrees that the book should be banned. “This is not history,” he said, but “a distortion of fact.” He said any claims that RAW and the CIA might have worked together in Bangladesh is nonsense, as India at that time was allied with the Soviet Union. “The USA even sent their Seventh Fleet to try to humble India,” he said. Mr Mukherjee said that they are raising the issue now, even though the book was first published in February 2011, because they only just learnt of the book’s existence. He did not know how many copies of the book had been sold but that Maoists are selling the book in different parts of the city. He said those selling the “anti-Indian propaganda” should be arrested.
He said that it was not enough just to debate the content of the book, or write counter-histories, because it is affecting India’s relationship with Bangladesh. It is a “pre-planned” attempt to “destroy the good diplomatic relations with the present Bangladesh government,” he said.
But even if it has been written with an ulterior motive, Ms Smruti Pattanaik, an expert in military and politics in South Asia at the Institute for Defense Studies and Analyses, said it isn’t something people should get too bothered about. “I don’t think this kind of book has had any impact on India-Bangladesh relations,” she said. It might be bad history, she said, but “it’s not the first time it is coming.” The policies that India adopts today towards Bangladesh are more important, she said.
Mr Mukherjee said the forum has written to the High Commissioner of Bangladesh in India, the Union ministry of Home Affairs and chief minister Mamata Banerjee asking them to ban the book. Nobody at the High Commission or the ministry was available for comment.

Lawyers demand ban on Bangladesh war book

@ Hi MBI Munshi ! Few days back I went to visit "Book Worm". From there I bought the book named " Secret Affidavit of Yahya Khan on 1971". I saw your book but it is too small !!!!!!

@ Hi MBI Munshi ! Few days back I went to visit "Book Worm". From there I bought the book named " Secret Affidavit of Yahya Khan on 1971". I saw your book but it is too small !!!!!!

Yes the Yahya book was done by my buddy Abu Rushd. It is very popular. My book that you saw is the bangla translation and very much shortened by the translator. The English version is around 600 pages. I think the bangla book is useful for the masses who normally do not read books or do not usually have the time. Very few people have the inclination to read the massive English version. I think the bangla version provides a good summary of all the issues contained in the English version.

why dont you put it up on an ebook site in epub format or a place where i could pay for it in pdf format

Munshi Bhai, why not make an ebook version that can be played by kindle or other ebook-reader only. I am interested to buy a copy of your book. I am also interested to buy this book mentioned in your post:
Bangladesher Swadhinater Juddhe Raw ebong CIA, written by Bangaldeshi journalist Masudul Haque

and this book mentioned by Akmal Bhai:
Secret Affidavit of Yahya Khan on 1971, by Abu Rushd

It would be nice if we could make a list of all these books about Bangladesh history from 1949-present and make them part of the text books in history for passing HSC exam, so entire population of Bangladesh can be informed about India's role and interference in East Pakistan/Bangladesh politics. It would also be nice to make all books in this list into ebooks. I am sure these books will sell like hot cakes, if we have advertisement for them in Bangladesh weekly newspapers in the US like Thikana.

About "India Doctrine", I think Akhand Bharat is no longer their plan, but keeping all her neighbors destabilized and weak is definitely part of the plan. Breaking of Pakistan was their dream come true, which have secured their North East states for perpetuity. Making sure that Bangladesh, Pakistan, Nepal and Sri Lanka do not join any kind of union with other neighbor nations is also part of their plan.

Munshi Bhai, why not make an ebook version that can be played by kindle or other ebook-reader only. I am interested to buy a copy of your book. I am also interested to buy this book mentioned in your post:
Bangladesher Swadhinater Juddhe Raw ebong CIA, written by Bangaldeshi journalist Masudul Haque

and this book mentioned by Akmal Bhai:
Secret Affidavit of Yahya Khan on 1971, by Abu Rushd

It would be nice if we could make a list of all these books about Bangladesh history from 1949-present and make them part of the text books in history for passing HSC exam, so entire population of Bangladesh can be informed about India's role and interference in East Pakistan/Bangladesh politics. It would also be nice to make all books in this list into ebooks. I am sure these books will sell like hot cakes, if we have advertisement for them in Bangladesh weekly newspapers in the US like Thikana.

About "India Doctrine", I think Akhand Bharat is no longer their plan, but keeping all her neighbors destabilized and weak is definitely part of the plan. Breaking of Pakistan was their dream come true, which have secured their North East states for perpetuity. Making sure that Bangladesh, Pakistan, Nepal and Sri Lanka do not join any kind of union with other neighbor nations is also part of their plan.

Promoting any of these books in Bangladesh is risky and having a e-book will probably get me into a lot of trouble. Many have suggested an internet version so they may read the book online but as I have mentioned the situation is not good and the government could put a lot of pressure on me. In any case, sales are doing very well at The Bookworm even after 5 years of the original publication of The India Doctrine.

As for the thesis in my book I make it clear that the concept of Akhand Bharat has evolved so physical occupation is not absolutely necessary. A proxy government in each South Asian country is sufficient to allow for Indian hegemony, domination and control. My book presents the argument for Akhand Bharat for the 21st century but I still think the objective regarding Bangladesh is to totally secularize the country with especial emphasis and promotion of Bengali culture and allow for amalgamation with India decades in the future. Why do you think the government is seeking to ban all Islamist parties? This is part of the Indian agenda of Akhand Bharat .......

Please read my article 'A Nationalist Agenda for Bangladesh' written in 2008 which explains these points more clearly.

255361_10151169763355645_239543439_n.jpg

The India Doctrine (1947-2007) has been republished by LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing of Germany at a price of €79 and can be purchased as an e-book or as a hard copy from online bookstores such as Amazon, Barnes & Nobles or MoreBooks! in the coming weeks.

ISBN-13: 978-3-659-20800-3

ISBN-10: 3659208000

EAN: 9783659208003

Publishing house: LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing

By (author): M.B.I. Munshi

Number of pages: 668

Published on: 2012-08-07

Stock: In stock

Category: Comparative and international political science

Price: 79.00 €

Keywords: Afghanistan, India, South Asia, International Relations, International politics, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Diplomacy, Nepal, Myanmar, Bangladesh, Jawaharlal Nehru, Indira Gandhi, Pakistán, 1947 Partition, Akhand Bharat, 1971 Indo-Pakistan war

Back
Top Bottom