What's new

Boeing offers Bangladesh Biman its latest 787-10 Dreamliner

Bilal9

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh

Boeing offers Biman its latest 787-10 Dreamliner

After Airbus, the American manufacturer Boeing has now offered its latest model aircraft, 787-10 Dreamliner, to the Biman Bangladesh Airlines.

The company sent a letter in this regard to Biman's chairman recently which will be discussed in the board meeting on Tuesday, said Shafiul Azim, managing director of Biman.

"As we have a partnership with Boeing, they offer us any new service or model that comes in the market and as part of that they offered their latest model. We already have their 787-9 model passenger aircraft in our fleet," he said.

Earlier, the Biman board took the primary decision to purchase 10 wide-body Airbus aircraft, including two cargo and 8 passenger planes. An agreement was signed between the UK Government and Bangladesh over the airbus purchasie during the prime minister's visit to London this month.

At present, Biman has 21 aircraft mostly dominated by Boeing. There is no Airbus aircraft in Biman's fleet.

The 787-10 Dreamliner is the newest and longest member of the 787 Boeing family.

iu

iu

Last edited:
I hate Boeing and everything they represent with a passion since they bought out McDonnel-Douglas, however the 777 and 787 series are far more comfortable than the 330, 340 or 350 series by Airbus.

That being said the 350-1000 wins on the basis of looks alone. Good that airbus was forced into a clean sheet design instead of rehashing the 330.

I hate Boeing and everything they represent with a passion since they bought out McDonnel-Douglas, however the 777 and 787 series are far more comfortable than the 330, 340 or 350 series by Airbus.

That being said the 350-1000 wins on the basis of looks alone. Good that airbus was forced into a clean sheet design instead of rehashing the 330.
In my experience flying cattle class on an A350 and a 787 from the same airline (Qatar Airways), I found the experience on both planes almost the same. The newer A350 had a fancy tail camera that i liked and there was a slightly lower noise. I'm also heavily biased against Boeing aircraft and prefer Airbus in general. But in this case the 787 was not much different.

In my experience flying cattle class on an A350 and a 787 from the same airline (Qatar Airways), I found the experience on both planes almost the same. The newer A350 had a fancy tail camera that i liked and there was a slightly lower noise. I'm also heavily biased against Boeing aircraft and prefer Airbus in general. But in this case the 787 was not much different.

Biman now operates a semi non-stop to Toronto (there is a technical stop in Istanbul) but the return is complete non-stop Toronto-Dhaka (16 Hrs.). That route was only possible due to the 787-9's range. Biman has four 787-8's (B788) and two 787-9's (B789).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom