What's new

BNP calls in all candidates with sheaf of paddy to Dhaka

What is your comment on the news of BBC ? BBC news says that full ballot box before even vote started ? Well if you call it ballot revolution , then I have nothing to say!:hitwall:
Brother, don't believe the propaganda that BBC is spreading. They don't like hasina since she's looking after the interest of Bangladesh rather than their own interest. BBC is the lapdog of USA and will do anything that its master will ask him to do. All these r made up stories. Ppl r satisfied with the election. Hence, no common public is on the street now protesting with BNP . :enjoy:

Brother, don't believe the propaganda that BBC is spreading.
Okay brother , lets for the sake of discussion assume that this is a propaganda, but what about the picture of ballot box full with ballot papers ? Do you think that this photo is photo shopped? If your answer is yes , then why Govt still did not counter this propaganda with any statement ? Any statement by govt yet ? please post here if you read any statement of govt regarding this issue !
no common public is on the ground.
No common public on street because BNP boycotted election in 2014 , started burning peoples with arson attack , in short created a civil war situation . Probably we do not want such condition again. And Basically in 2014 jamat shibir was the foot soldier of Khaleda zia and Tareq chora. We rarely saw any chatrodol cadre on the street , but all bad works were done by chhatra shibir . chatrodol ( ছাত্রদল ) was literary devoured by chatroshibir ( ছাত্র শিবির ) from 2001 to 2006 dark regime of BNP . So I believe if public do not support and come to street for BNP , then simply because they do not want BNP alliance with jamat .
But what about the die hard fans of BNP in this election? AL and BNP vote ratio was 10:1 or even worse . So is it realistic to think that BNP has such low vote ?
I was expecting a die hard vote fight and expecting AL win with 155-160 seats , and that would be natural . or atleast if BNP won 20/25 seat ( as under caretaker govt in 2008 they won only 32 seats ) , still they could form as the main opposition. But they are totally destroyed . However what happened it can not be changed and also BNP has no such power at ground level that they can do any movement .

So if BNP really want to survive they must take oath in parliament , otherwise they will not going to get a single seat in 2024 show . I will look for jatiya party if they can be a strong opposition in parliament , or if can BNP recover after taking oath . But it's their choice if they will take oath or not . But if this time BNP does not take oath , I can bet they will be wiped off from bangladesh politics , and that is not going to be good for democracy . But indeed , they will have to divorce jamatis once and for all .
@Neptune_

Last edited:
IK had army in his side, court also in army's side. Dont equate the two situation. BAL chased one of the chief justice out of the country for being critical against the govt.

Pak army as a institution has learned the hard lesson after last military government that they have no role in politics and it is the job of the political parties to run the government. So they are very much impartial now. In Pakistan any political parties can protest and start a movement as long as it is peaceful. PA will steps in only if there is law and order situation otherwise Army has no interest in political business. Also Pak Judiciary is also very aggressive now but this is not the case in BD. I believe that BNP and other parties should do a peaceful protests, Sit in or long march but I think they lacks the street powers likes IK has in Pak.

Pak army as a institution has learned the hard lesson after last military government that they have no role in politics and it is the job of the political parties to run the government. So they are very much impartial now. In Pakistan any political parties can protest and start a movement as long as it is peaceful. PA will steps in only if there is law and order situation otherwise Army has no interest in political business. Also Pak Judiciary is also very aggressive now but this is not the case in BD. I believe that BNP and other parties should do a peaceful protests, Sit in or long march but I think they lacks the street powers likes IK has in Pak.
We went through this phase long ago....
Protesting on the street is not an option any more. You even need to take permission from police to do that. ;)

Brother, don't believe the propaganda that BBC is spreading. They don't like hasina since she's looking after the interest of Bangladesh rather than their own interest. BBC is the lapdog of USA and will do anything that its master will ask him to do. All these r made up stories. Ppl r satisfied with the election. Hence, no common public is on the street now protesting with BNP. :enjoy:
It surprised me to read that Bangladesh is not liked by the BBC, UK, USA and all other countries except you yourself, Haseena Bibi and India. Ballot boxes were all filled up with BAL votes before the Sunrise.

Not foreign intervention but peoples power movement.

@ Bangladesh Court cannot do any thing. On that day even the Chief Justice was force ably evicted from Bangladesh.
@ Definitely foreign interference is required. Here foreign interference means UN and economic sanction measures.

UN security forces

@ If necessary under the sponsorship of UN as it happened in Cambodia, East Timur and South Sudan.
@ If the Security Council decides it can very well be held.

A dozon or so foreign observers were hired by govt. from India, Nepal and some from African Muslim country(OIC) and were given a nice tour of some Dhaka polling stations. They saw long line of voters and then done a press conference in the evening. Very simple job.

@ What about American 32 Observers ?(Anfrel) Why they were not given Visas ? Why the Turkish Observers were not allowed to enter Bangladesh ? (Something like Trt World Journalist) Even on 28/29 December 07 American were stopped at airport and returned.

Yes I agree with you.
BNP boycotted 2014 election , ordered violence yet we saw few BNP guys on street . Jamat acted as it's foor soldier. Now where is their ally jamat ? They even did not support when BNP wanted to start movement for Khaleda Zia .
If Al did not boycott 2014 election and still AL would oppress BNP folk then in the world it would be proven as oppression of opposition . But BNP was not in parliament , and was doing wrong in the name of movement and failed badly . They participate in this election , because they did not want to take risk of their registration as a political party .
So now if they will not take oath , AL will have strong reason to abuse them more . So at least if BNP can take oath , they can have a hope to prevail in future . As I still believe that they have massive support , and no less than AL .
They still can survive and later find a ground only if they compromise and not start violent movement .
And since 3 years we are observing that BNP is a statement only party .
So now the choice is their , they take oath and join in parliament , or go to street and implant the final nail in thier coffin .
Now who will ask BNP to move street again , can they save BNP from govt ? I doubt it !

So now it's up to BNP what they will decide . Take oath in parliament and try to recover , or start violence in street and wiped off completely .

I will leave this decision on @Skies and such fellows , as BNP is their party .

@ Why BNP will go for Oath taking ? It is irreverent.

@ Why BNP will go for Oath taking ? It is irreverent
Then refrain from taking oath (if that is irreverent) and start street movement again ( reverent work) and be annihilated permanently from Bangladesh politics, fulfil the dream of Awami league .Choice is yours ( BNP), no one is stopping you .
@Md Akmal

Last edited:
Then don't take oath. Refrain from taking oath (if that is irreverent) and star Street movement again ( relevant work) get annihilated permanently from Bangladesh politics, fulfil the dream of Awami league .Choice is yours ( BNP) .
@Md Akmal

Bro they r going to take oath cuz they r satisfied with the election. Its common for opposition to accuse the winner of an election. It has been done by many political parties across the world.

But deep down they know that public has boycotted them due to their corruption. So they wanna take it as an opportunity, improve their public image and come off as a clean party in next election.

Very logical response from BNP. Also great job by Al to create a level playing field for all the parties. Kudos to hasina.

UN security council did jack shit with syria, what's bd compared to that xD
Bro don't be that rude. Our pak brothers r going through a tough time. They r stuck and going nowhere whereas we r moving forward at a lightening speed.

It's not him who's speaking, it's his jealousy that's speaking here. We should be more kind to them.

Bro they r going to take oath cuz they r satisfied with the election. Its common for opposition to accuse the winner of an election. It has been done by many political parties across the world.

But deep down they know that public has boycotted them due to their corruption. So they wanna take it as an opportunity, improve their public image and come off as a clean party in next election.

Very logical response from BNP. Also great job by Al to create a level playing field for all the parties. Kudos to hasina.
Okay bro, let's wait and see, if BNP will take oath or not even after few weeks! And I also think that they will take the oath, otherwise they will be in real trouble .

But now we have no other option but to wait few days .
Let's see how much satisfied they are by election result! :)

People are worried about pretesting v because unlike other countries if yo y start demonstration police will openly fire and arrest and torture anyone have any relation with protest
@monitor , would you mind telling us who actually started movement against Hussain Muhammad Ershad's autocratic regime ? Are they Bangladeshi peoples , or we hired them from another country? ( and that time they were supporting Hasina and old khaleda zia against Ershad )

That time neither police nor Ershad were firishta ! Police tortured and shoot them too right? And it was extreme actually. Yet peoples didn't stop fighting and and later Ershad fall.

I have full sympathy for BNP as they were the victim of AL mass rigged election, yet please do not under estimate our people .
Our people do not fear guns, and it was proven not only one time, but may times since British era to 1990 against Ershad.
But why this time they are not coming to street?
Simply they do not want to fight for two poisonous wound named khaleda zia ( new and militant version) and tareq Rahman .

Kick them out from BNP, choose good leadership for BNP and leave Jamat , still if AL rig election and deprive BNP or any other party, trust me you will see another 1990 by the same peoples who are not interested now to come to street to aid vicious khaleda zia and her son tareq chora !
Thank you .

Last edited:
As long as Khaleda and Tareque are in charge of BNP the party has no future.

Back
Top Bottom