What's new

Blast in Lahore

I think the TTP just watches the news and then claims to have done it.
In my opinion some Foreign anti state element is responsible for this and all the post incidents but the TTP is hired to claim the the responsibility for them.I think there is no such thing as TTP (on ground)but it is just a cover up for some one else's actions.
But that's just my analysis while the truth remains uncertain.

@ RescueRanger,
Very good points in your analysis above.
i have a question about the last point, i.e. seat of blast... AKA "crater". In case of a vehicle borne explosive device, since the device is (at the time of explosion) some height from the ground, contained in a dynamic container- the car (not secured to something immobile) and in this case on a built-up surface (the road/tarmac); most of the energy of the explosion would be dissipated laterally and upwards. Any down ward dispersion would have reflected off the hard surface. Hence no crater or little damage. Am i correct in my inference? Please correct me if i am wrong.

Very good observation Captain, and if you consider the conventional vbied design then yes you would be correct to a great degree, however in Pakistan as with Afghanistan and Iraq the design of VBIEDs has evolved.

One of the most common is to pack the undercarriage of the vehicle with high explosive (can within a can) or just under voids of the driver and passage seats.

One of the constructs we come across is the a collection of arty shells in a serial (similar) to this:
VBIED_TRAINING_KIT___2_thumb_ezr.JPG

As they say professionalism differentiates the "men" from the "boys". This technique is the favorite of AQN and it's affiliates. Using this technique allows the terrorists to transport milspec high explosive in a smaller vehicles and deliver a payload that would normally be "greater" to the standoff expected from such a vehicle. (refer to chart bellow).

vbied-standards-chart.jpg

VBIED craters are nothing new, it just depends on the load, the positioning of the charge and the force of the blast.

226725549zfyWHb_fs.jpg

5448_118056648453_69621718453_2901700_2496528_n.jpg

Rather that go deep into the science of it, consider the following:

Charge placement, load and environment can greatly determine the effects of the blast.

34387551.jpg

1. Frontal Load Placement effects:
RW_fubar_060525_2m.jpg

2. Rear Load Placement effects:
carbomb.jpg

3. Cabin Placement:
56391174.mb518.jpg

If you consider the concept of a shaped charge... The force of the explosive is being pushed downwards by the container "vehicle" and depending of the type and quantity of the explosive, the surrounding environment and the design of the device it is not uncommon to expect a crater at the site of a vbied of such magnitudes.

Hope that helped and sorry if i babbled on.

@ RescueRanger,
i tip my hat to you, sir. You've helped to throw some more light on the subject. Will try to understand it now. Thanks.

Cracker blast hurts 6 in Lahore
Updated at: 2311 PST, Thursday, February 03, 2011
LAHORE: Six people were injured when a cracker went off near Haider Saeen Darbar in Lahore, Rescue 1122 sources said on Thursday.

The injured have been shifted to Meo Hospital, sources said.

Two killed, 27 hurt in Lahore blast
Updated at 2333 PST Thursday, February 03, 2011
LAHORE: At least two people were killed while 27 others sustained injuries in a blast that occurred at the main gate of Haider Saeen Darbar in Badami Bagh area here Thursday night, DCO said.

The injured have been shifted to Meo Hospital, sources said, adding a big crowd was present at Haider Saeen’s Darbar due to Thursday.

Rescue and emergency services are at work at the site of the blast.
Two killed, 27 hurt in Lahore blast

I think the TTP just watches the news and then claims to have done it.
In my opinion some Foreign anti state element is responsible for this and all the post incidents but the TTP is hired to claim the the responsibility for them.I think there is no such thing as TTP (on ground)but it is just a cover up for some one else's actions.
But that's just my analysis while the truth remains uncertain.

You are of course entitled to your opinion.

Baitulluh Mahsood is no doubt a figment of imagination and a CIA /Zionist conspiracy. TTP who were controlling Swat were in fact ghosts and Pakistan Army carried out the operation against the djins.

How many more Pakistanis need to be killed before some of my country men will acknowledge the cancer of TTP?

I will never speak against the nation of Pakistan, but I shall question the role of the government and the lack of actions it is taking to protect its minorities (Shias in particular). The government and the IB need to take concrete steps to eradicate this cancer of terrorism so deeply rooted in our country. Pakistanis have become immune to all the violence, almost hopeless. We cannot 'condemn' attacks on the day they happen, and on the next day act as if nothing happened. On an average, we have a major attack in a major Pakistani city (this includes Peshawar, Kohat, Quetta etc too, as they are our main cities) every 4-5 days, and this average is really not good enough for a country with Pakistan's potential. The lives of Pakistani citizens should not be compromised and be worthless to the government of Pakistan.

Last edited:
learned helplessness by some members of society; surrendering to ''fate''

in one way, its good. We move on with life, sometimes against major odds.

but it is indeed criminal to accept what is going on as ''normal''

that would constitute criminal negligence......we have a problem, we need to solve it. Nobody else gonna solve it for us or help us solve it, you want a job done right you do it yourself....

in most civilized countries, after the 1st bomb blast the interior minister would either resign or go public and admit the failures and take action to correct them

not show up with news crew while dead bodies and damaged property and glass litter the streets

You are of course entitled to your opinion.

Baitulluh Mahsood is no doubt a figment of imagination and a CIA /Zionist conspiracy. TTP who were controlling Swat were in fact ghosts and Pakistan Army carried out the operation against the djins.

How many more Pakistanis need to be killed before some of my country men will acknowledge the cancer of TTP?

Director ISI General Shuja Pasha in a briefing to political party leaders & ministers said that there is no existence of TTP in Pakistan.2009.

Swat was an other story.

Ministry of interior is used to named TTP in all blasts. In fact not like that.

These blasts are linked to negative activities of a countries consulates in Pakistan & planes finalized across Pakistan.

So one Jin is now in Pakistan's custody and reaction you have seen in Peshawar, Lahore. Not so difficult to understand.

Unless we clean up Afghan Refugees and undercover foreign agents we are going to have these explosions.

I dont say Afghan refugees are angels and dont have negative sides, but if you say that the bombings go away once you remove the refugees then that is only a poor judgement. TTP guys and other militants are your own people.

I dont say Afghan refugees are angels and dont have negative sides, but if you say that the bombings go away once you remove the refugees then that is only a poor judgement. TTP guys and other militants are your own people.

Ahmad, how much ever you say they will not understand that. For them the people doing this are Afghans and their supporters are Indians from RAW.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom