What's new

Blast in Lahore

According to Rescue sources, the blast occurred in a vehicle with government number plate; the vehicle was packed with explosives.

anybody claimed responsibility?

The usual suspect.. TTP has claimed responsibility.

Hats Off to the martyred cops.. they have saved a lot of lives. Had the bomber managed to get close to the procession .. the casualty figure would have been much greater.

cowardly attack, just like in Karachi.......very sad, needless killings...

RIP

past 2 days have been violent. Bomb in Russia, 2 bombs in Pakistan, bomb in southern Thailand...

may God have mercy....

May the dead soul rest in peace and their loved ones find strength in this difficult time. May the injureds recover fast.

MAY THE KILLERS AND THEIR HANDLERS ROT IN HELL FOR INFINITY!!!

We Shia Muslims will not waver in our love for Pakistan. Pakistan has given us Muslims so much, how can our faith ever waver for this country? We are the followers of Prophet(S) and his family, we pledge to follow the model example of Imam Hussain (AS), we might get disheartened on certain days, but we will never give up on Pakistan, and we pledge to live in peace, no matter whoever attacks us. We are united with our Sunni brothers, and will work with them to eradicate these terrorists that are trying to destroy the fabric of this country. We are not Shia or Sunni or any sect, we are Muslims, and we will remain united with our Muslim brothers. May Allah give strength to the family of the victims. Ameen.

Last edited:
Still to be determined but that santro cannot be the vehicle with the explosive ( consider the following):

lahore.jpg

1. Note how the front windscreen has collapsed inward indicating impact of positive blast overpressure effect, if this was the vehicle with the explosive the window pane should have disintegrated.

2. Note that there is no incendiary or fire damage to the vehicle exterior or interior. Again compare this to

3. You will see that the rear passenger door has concaved inwards, this is an indication of sideward positive pressure impact. If this was the suicide vehicle you would have seen an outward expulsion of chassis and material i.e.:
r383747_1789908.jpg

4. The Civil Defence Retard is contaminating the scene.

5. The Engine is still in the housing and there is no incendiary or blast effects on the overall structure save from the blast overpressure effects.

i.E.:

Also sorry i forgot to highlight there is no seat of blast... AKA "crater".

Just my two cents.

“We claim responsibility for the suicide attack on police in Lahore,” said Azam Tariq, spokesman for militant umbrella group TTP.

“We regret the loss of civilian lives in the attack and warn people to keep away from security forces and government property,” he said.

“The attack was in retaliation for drone strikes and military operations in tribal areas. We have more than 3,000 trained suicide bombers,” he added.

RR --- i was thinking the same. I think that car was just a collateral damage.

as for TTP statement --- they know that most of their attacks have killed civilians, yet they have even the audacity to say they ''regret'' the death of civilians

pathetic beings.....them and their followers/supporters should be punished

Still to be determined but that santro cannot be the vehicle with the explosive ( consider the following):

lahore.jpg

1. Note how the front windscreen has collapsed inward indicating impact of positive blast overpressure effect, if this was the vehicle with the explosive the window pane should have disintegrated.

2. Note that there is no incendiary or fire damage to the vehicle exterior or interior. Again compare this to

3. You will see that the rear passenger door has concaved inwards, this is an indication of sideward positive pressure impact. If this was the suicide vehicle you would have seen an outward expulsion of chassis and material i.e.:
r383747_1789908.jpg

5. The Engine is still in the housing and there is no incendiary or blast effects on the overall structure save from the blast overpressure effects.

i.E.:

Just my two cents.

@ RescueRanger,
Very good points in your analysis above.
i have a question about the last point, i.e. seat of blast... AKA "crater". In case of a vehicle borne explosive device, since the device is (at the time of explosion) some height from the ground, contained in a dynamic container- the car (not secured to something immobile) and in this case on a built-up surface (the road/tarmac); most of the energy of the explosion would be dissipated laterally and upwards. Any down ward dispersion would have reflected off the hard surface. Hence no crater or little damage. Am i correct in my inference? Please correct me if i am wrong.

lahore.jpg

r383747_1789908.jpg

i.E.:

Just my two cents.

I must say very good analysis sir

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom