What's new

BGB-BSF celebrate Holi along border

yeah make bigoted arguments and that will help your case. America and China are in different levels compared to India. they are talking about setting up TATA, if that happens, some of the biggest national assets like BSRM will be directly in threat.

We will only if the judiciary itself was not corrupted. But we will inshallah when a more suitable govt comes in power.

Thank you for asking. Since the awami govt came into power,
-Financial irregularities to set up Airtel, not to mention while Airtel itself got priority to get electricity, none of the our companies got any at that period.
-BSF''s brutal killings of innocent bangladeshi citizens
-Other Indian businesses which will directly put constraint on our national assets
-Phensidyl companies set up by mainly by indians.
Offcourse i can go on and on.. and the ones i mentioned are official and not just claims. It seems to be that you are prejudiced towards us, and this is exactly what I was talking about. And seriously, BNP or any other political parties have no hate against you. I can promise you there's no hate among any of the major mainstream political parties against Indians in general. Both of the parties know that India is a major factor towards/against our development. the difference between awami league and BNP is that people generally does not trust awami league when it comes to deal with India. And many users even in this forum has clearly mentioned, India is doing what any country would do: look after their needs first before others. SO tell me mr jayron. Am I wrong that i am concerned about my country's need before yours?

Thanks for the explanation. I really thought you are going to state something different. You think Indian government owns airtel? airtel is a private company and it is upto your government to allow them to give concessions. I am pretty sure Airtel would have "looked after" your politicians well to get a good deal. Indian businessmen do what every businessmen would do. look for more profit. Why blame the Indian government and Indians?

BSF killing your citizens is a very real problem which has to be dealt with.

Again, you think the Indian government has anything to do with Phensydil? There is so much human trafficking going on on that border. So the Indians blame Bangladesh for prostitution problem? That is one more reason BSF has to be vigilant .

So is it reason enough to hate us so much? Just remember that India has no historic enmity with Bangladesh. It is just the paranoia created among your masses that has lead to this hate. Indians have not gone through such a systematic propaganda against Bangaldesh as there is no need for it. . So most Indians think BD is a friendly country until they know the truth. We have fought wars with Pakistanis and Chinese. But still I am sure there are enough friendly conversations between us in this forum. That is non existent between Indians and Bangladeshis here.

Thanks for the explanation. I really thought you are going to state something different. You think Indian government owns airtel? airtel is a private company and it is upto your government to allow them to give concessions. I am pretty sure Airtel would have "looked after" your politicians well to get a good deal. Indian businessmen do what every businessmen would do. look for more profit. Why blame the Indian government and Indians?

Again, you think the Indian government has anything to do with Phensydil? There is so much human trafficking going on on that border. So the Indians blame Bangladesh for prostitution problem? That is one more reason BSF has to be vigilant .

So is it reason enough to hate us so much? Just remember that India has no historic enmity with Bangladesh. It is just the paranoia created among your masses that has lead to this hate. Indians have not gone through such a systematic propaganda against Bangaldesh as there is no need for it. . So most Indians think BD is a friendly country until they know the truth. We have fought wars with Pakistanis and Chinese. But still I am sure there are enough friendly conversations between us in this forum. That is non existent between Indians and Bangladeshis here.

Well, I have mentioned before, hate is a very strong word to use here but imperialism of India can be felt now. But like many mentioned, its not india's fault as they are looking for their benefit like any matured country would do.

yeah make bigoted arguments and that will help your case. America and China are in different levels compared to India. they are talking about setting up TATA, if that happens, some of the biggest national assets like BSRM will be directly in threat.

Do you not know that, TATA was invited by Bangladesh Government to invest in your country? That was in 2005, when BNP was at healm of things, was it not? Governments come and go, but the bureaucrats don't, and no one knows whats good for their country better than them, yes not even you. :agree:

Bangladesh invites Tata Group - The Economic Times

Well, I have mentioned before, hate is a very strong word to use here but imperialism of India can be felt now. But like many mentioned, its not india's fault as they are looking for their benefit like any matured country would do.

You are confusing capitalism with imperialism.

As Gourav already mentioned, the companies have no equity with the GoI and are pure capitalist ventures and public listed companies. Only the local market will ultimately decide their fate.

Do you not know that, TATA was invited by Bangladesh Government to invest in your country? That was in 2005, when BNP was at healm of things, was it not? Governments come and go, but the bureaucrats don't, and no one knows whats good for their country better than them, yes not even you. :agree:

Bangladesh invites Tata Group - The Economic Times

Mate, is it possible to get into a civil conversation w.o using personal attacks? I am trying really hard to make it constructive. And your news is back in 2005, and this is in 2006 BBC NEWS | South Asia | Tata halts Bangladesh investment
It continous supply of gas, which is scarce, not to mention it also wanted some more benefits which BNP was not ready to give, now awami league has invited them over and they will most probably get what they couldn't before.

You are confusing capitalism with imperialism.

As Gourav already mentioned, the companies have no equity with the GoI and are pure capitalist ventures and public listed companies. Only the local market will ultimately decide their fate.

Airtel pays enormous amount of tax. It will therefore benefit the Indian govt. Anyways, that wasn't my point .

M not to mention it also wanted some more benefits which BNP was not ready to give, now awami league has invited them over and they will most probably get what they couldn't before.

They wanted continuous supply of gas even if the system reaches its threshold and some domestic companies has to shut down which goes against our interest.

Mate, is it possible to get into a civil conversation w.o using personal attacks? I am trying really hard to make it constructive. And your news is back in 2005, and this is in 2006 BBC NEWS | South Asia | Tata halts Bangladesh investment
It continous supply of gas, which is scarce, not to mention it also wanted some more benefits which BNP was not ready to give, now awami league has invited them over and they will most probably get what they couldn't before.

Well sorry if I sounded offensive.

Continuous gas supply was demanded for the proposed gas powered power plants. Don't see why is that seen as something wrong or "imperialistic", when the power plants were meant for Bangladesh basically. Whats the point of making multi million dollar power plants when it won't be running at its full potential?

And from the BBC article you posted, seems like political indecision was the reason why the deal didn't go through. When a multi billion dollar conglomerate like TATA, backs out of 3 Billion USD dollar investment in a country, it sends out wrong vibes to other prospective investors.

Bangladesh has however found it hard to attract money - total foreign direct investment (FDI) in Bangladesh since 1972 has totalled $3bn.

Continuous gas supply was demanded for the proposed gas powered power plants. Don't see why is that seen as something wrong or "imperialistic", when the power plants were meant for Bangladesh basically. Whats the point of making multi million dollar power plants when it won't be running at its full potential?

And from the BBC article you posted, seems like political indecision was the reason why the deal didn't go through. When a multi billion dollar conglomerate like TATA, backs out of 3 Billion USD dollar investment in a country, it sends out wrong vibes to other prospective investors.

It doesn't matter if it paints BD in wrong color as long as it's bad for India.

Continuous gas supply was demanded for the proposed gas powered power plants. Don't see why is that seen as something wrong or imperialistic, when the power plants were meant for Bangladesh basically. Whats the point of making multi million dollar power plants when it won't be running at its full potential?

And from the BBC article you posted, seems like political indecision was the reason why the deal didn't go through. When a multi billion dollar conglomerate backs out of 3Billion dollar investment in a country, it sends out wrong vibes to other prospective investors.

BBC is actually speculating on the last bit. But at the moment, we have big rolling rerolling industries which are new and are doing pretty good as of now. But they are no competition for TATA. And we don't have multi million dollar plants for TATA. Like I said, when Bangladesh itself was going thru a power crisis last year, Airtel had no issues for power, Even major bangladeshi businesses did not have adequate power supply. And now if TATA decides to join in, we will our rolling-rerolling industires wil die out and again will cause more constraint on our gas supplies.

WWhats the point of making multi million dollar power plants when it won't be running at its full potential?

Not by shutting off domestic companies during power crisis. If they were that much serious they could have opted for coal import which is duty free. There are two sides of a coin .

Asking continuous supply of gas was not the only issue but they were asking at a special rate where as local producer pay at higher rate... n letting TATA give special favor would cost local producer so badly.. so they also protested it...

Airtel did not pay frequency fee which was not only raised by political parties but also different mobile operator and they cheat 95 koti Taka of stamp fee ...

Back
Top Bottom