What's new

BGB-BSF celebrate Holi along border

Airtel did not pay frequency fee which was not only raised by political parties but also different mobile operator and they cheat 95 koti Taka of stamp fee ...

That could be right. Airtel could be a very evil corporate organization. But that has nothing to do with the Indian government. Coke has polluted water ways in India and has affected the lives of hundreds of thousands of people. Union Carbide factory's accident resulted in thousands of deaths in Bhopal. But it would be foolish to hate American government and American public for it.

No company is investing in your country for charity. They are doing it for business. The level of ethics may vary but in the end, they all want profit. If they are not popular, they will lose out and leave your country eventually. You may not like Tata . But it still is an investment and it will still create jobs. If Bangladeshis hate Indian companies so much they needn't buy. Tata is not going to force you to do so. Just don't complain.

Thats for that link. This link proves only a maoists and naxal supporters are against Tata.

Its biased but has some truth to it. I really hate the fact how you seem to label anyone who doesn't agree with as a maoist, or jamaatis. Anyways, we need a govt which will look out for its interest before others. As a developing economy, we have to first set and aid our own firms before others.

Its biased but has some truth to it. I really hate the fact how you seem to label anyone who doesn't agree with as a maoist, or jamaatis. Anyways, we need a govt which will look out for its interest before others. As a developing economy, we have to first set and aid our own firms before others.

Did you even check that blog? I came to that opinion after reading their other topics :

Police arrests editor of Maoist journal in the name of links with Malla Raji Reddy

Bush gang’s plan to attack undercut by NIE report

Tata and legal mafia

HC dismisses Naxal’s torture plea

Tell me. Is it so unfair to think they are maoist sympathizers?

BBC is actually speculating on the last bit. But at the moment, we have big rolling rerolling industries which are new and are doing pretty good as of now. But they are no competition for TATA. And we don't have multi million dollar plants for TATA. Like I said, when Bangladesh itself was going thru a power crisis last year, Airtel had no issues for power, Even major bangladeshi businesses did not have adequate power supply. And now if TATA decides to join in, we will our rolling-rerolling industires wil die out and again will cause more constraint on our gas supplies.

rolling-rerolling is only one part of the steel industry. There are lot of high strength and high tensile steel that Bangladesh imports from various countries, and it would be cheaper for Bangladeshi businesses if these are manufactured in Bangladesh. Mind you with the sort of pace Bangladesh is growing the demand for steel is only going to increase.

About the airtel am not sure what goes on in Bangladesh, but surely someone from Bangladesh must have collaborated with Airtel for it to be able to power. And none of these companies are Government of India owned, all of them are private entities so I don't see how this can be classified as Indian imperialism.

Not by shutting off domestic companies during power crisis. If they were that much serious they could have opted for coal import which is duty free. There are two sides of a coin .

Firstly the proposal was to set up gas powered power plants, due to cheap gas available in Bangladesh, surely coal could be imported, but then it won't be feasible or lucrative enough for TATA to invest all that money in coal powered power plants. Its a private company you know, it will look after its own interests like every other company.

You don't have to agree with me, but imo a 5000 MW power plant should be given priority over smaller power plants when it comes to gas supply. For obvious enough reasons.

Back
Top Bottom